JerryB

Animated Conjob?

If John and The Phantom Stranger ever showed up on JLU, I think that would make a nice addition to my list of things I'd like to see before I snuff it.

I heard a rumor that they wanted The Spectre to appear on the Superman animated series, but the show ended before that was possible. That still pisses me off.

Of course, I never thought I'd see an animated Question, so I guess it balances out.

I'd go for an animated conj because it would replace the movie in my eyes. They couldn't possibly make an animated episode any less-accurate (with the exception of smoking) but I shouldn't open my mouth and jinx anything :o

I'd go for an animated conj because it would replace the movie in my eyes.  They couldn't possibly make an animated episode any less-accurate (with the exception of smoking) but I shouldn't open my mouth and jinx anything :o

animated Constanteen hmmmm..... who am I? *quicktime clip

Interesting question, mostly for the brits, since i don't know how people Liverpool-born Londoners sound...

(i know that James and Beki are at times totally incomprehensible...)

I don't believe I've heard James's voice but I can imagine.

I never actually imagine John speaking with a scouse accent, in my head when I read his words he's lost his accent.

If we are going purely for the voice then there is a large number of Liverpudlians to choose from.

First of the Fallen, my arse.
Well maybe not.

I would like an HB cartoon. Most definitely.

Really? Cartoons are for children? Well, doesnt Blutto (Brutus) smoke and all that, or does that date me?

**Shrugs. I dont remember if they still show him smoking but they used to show that. As for Demons and all that - isnt there a cartoon called Shaman King (remember, I am bad with titles) that shows demons and all that? So what would be different.

Besides, I've seen horrible (okay, smacking of the macabre) illustrations on cartoon network so what else in HB could they object to?

As for the voice, I dont think I care any which way... but hopefully it will be one I can understand (blimey!)

Can you imagine a Shakespearean actor (like Ken Branagh, oh my) doing the role? Hmmm, still. One never knows.

Of course it could be done. Late Night HBO. Remember Spawn? Im not a Spawn fan but there are ways to do a dark adult animated show. And pay cable is probably the best route. Or hell make it a live action series.

Cartoons have very rarely ever been exclusively for kids, really. There are exceptions and the exceptions have become more of a rule as the cartoon industry rolled on, but look at "Flintstones" or "Jetsons", they were just family sitcoms using animation to fulfill the special effects not possible at the time. And, other cartoons such as "Courage the Cowardly Dog" or "Ani-Maniacs" or whatever use references that only a mature viewer would understand amidst all the crazy antics and over-the-top action which appeals to children.

I don't think demons are really a problem on cartoons anymore, as all that Anime stuff is loaded with demonic images.

And, yes, late-night cable TV would be the route to go for an adult cartoon.

Well, I was just recalling that someone remarked that SpongeBob is actually an adult show, but then nothing is remotely horrifying in that show.

As for HellBlazer, i wonder ... perhaps HBO can pick it up?? as a series, of course

Hmmm, I just don't see an animated HB (even an HBO or MTV version). I don't see it being slick enough to make that translation. A scripted live-action series, certainly.

Now, with that said, I could make an exception: Fruisin's JC in a series of animated Vertigo vignettes. "Freezes Over" and other self-contained stories of its ilk would make for great "anthology tv."

TV. Which will of course end up on DVD at some point, like every TV show nowadays. :) Which is good! I love TV . . . I'm jazzed that they're releasing American Gothic on DVD. MMMmmmmm.

An adult cartoon of Hellblazer would be spectacular. Being that Spawn garnered enough attention as an HBO cartoon to run for 3 seasons, a series on HBO or Showtime here in the States (I have no idea what European equivalents are) would be feasible and comparable in cost to the ever worsening HBO lineups. An animated Constantine taking a long drag on a silk cut after screwing over the First of the Fallen? I'd tune in to every episode and rerun for the rest of my life.

I'd like an animated john con one because it will be similar to the comic version.. it can even be a crossover with any other animation, as long as it works....

I think that best way to get an HB cartoon without screwing up the character due to censorship would be to get the Japanese involved. An Anime version of Hellblazer would work perfectly because there is next to no censorship at all in Anime. I recently saw Steamboy, which took place in londand, which was quite good. Also, There have been several japanese animators who have been doing anime shorts for films recently. (Chronicals of Riddick Dark Fury, Van Helsing the Londand Assignment) so it cant be out of the rage of possibility.

Maybe we can get nibesaki to talk to some people over there :icon_sam: