sethos

Constantine 2 is DEAD

big guy over at Warner Bros says so:

Meanwhile, Lorenzo reports that it looks like there won't be a sequel to Constantine after all. "I wish there was. I don’t think the economics of it will – it was a profitable movie but I don’t know if [Warners] thought it was profitable enough to get to a sequel. I really liked that character. He’s a curmudgeon of the first order. And that’s the trick right now, to try and make movies that – if you go back and look at Steve McQueen movies, he was a jerk in pretty much everything he was in, but you just get along for the ride. "

maybe if you read the fucking comics, Lorenzo, you'd realize just how much of a curmudgeon he really is. twat.

i was more concerned about what he was saying about the Transformers movie, it looks like thier going to do the impossible and actually fuck it up.

I wish they'd do a sequel so we'd get another over priced hardcover Carey/Manco OGN.

besides wouldn't Denise Meaner write it? unless the sequel was green lit, went into prodcution, wrapped and went into cinemas before Mike leaves the title.

Hey, it's my fantasy land.

Although Mina/Manco sounds equally good, and has the bonus of alliteration.

No Constantine 2?...but...I...just....can't go on....so sad :icon_cry:

bwahahahahahahaaa

Why has everyone suddenly forgotten that the film was called "Constanteen" ?

Please, go and edit your posts accordingly.

At least we'll get 2 or 3 Hellblazer prose novels out of the brief spotlight the film made on the comic. And while it doesn't look like the movie had much of an impact on the sales of the monthly comic it alledgedly has increased the sales of the trades which seems to be keeping the title afloat.

It's probably just as well there'll be no sequel but it may have been interesting to see what direction WB would have taken with it--although I don't think they'd try to make it more like the source material.

And somewhere in the distance, Karen Berger sheds a single tear of sorrow.

That's a tear of hypocrisy and lies.

Lorenzo forgot the one axium in all life - Never Say Never. He has no idea really if there truly will be a sequel to Constantine. He is only speaking in the moment. And somewhat premature because the DVD had not even been released. If anyone remembers Robocop and Terminator then they'll remember that the video sales alone drove the want-to-see of a sequel. And the sequels to terminator proved the people right. As they always are in the end. If they don;t buy the DVD, then Lorenzo's prophecy will be fulfilled. Otherwise, it's not even an edjucated guess.

Are you saying he's being wilfully pessimistic in the hope that he won't be disappointed ?

Well if the unthinkable happens, you know where to find all you need to improve on the first attempt. And remember - "James Bond".

Ya know. Steve McQueen would have made a great American John Constantine.

He was blonde and looked good in trenchcoats. But it never wouldve worked Mcqueen would have insisted on keeping the story British, and we all know Hollywood cant have that!