sethos

Constantine 2 is DEAD

How about "Oh God, You Devil" with George Burns and Bill Cosby? Surely a classic of the genre.

Can you have a Devil without a God? What would the Devil be without God?

What would I be without Rogan? Could I exist?

And who plays the part of God in those two, by the way?

Hagren-A film buff like you never saw "Rosemary's Baby"?! It's only one of the greatest films of all time, greatest of all the horror genre even (that counts, right?). It's Roman Polanski's classic about a woman giving birth to the son of Satan....or is she?!

Oh God You Devil - wasnt that the movie where George Burns was both God and Devil? And they played for the soul of Ted Wass's character?

I thought that was an excellent movie...

I saw

1.Rosemary's Baby ... with Mia Farrow?

2.Devil's Advocate ... Keanu Reeves, Charlize Theron, and Al Pacino as the Devil

3.Exorcist .. nope, I read the book ... something I regret

4.The Omen .... with I forgot the actor's name ... he played Atticus in the Black and White film To Kill a Mocking Bird (I like this film)...

5.I dunno....End of Days? Only other one I can think of right now

with the Terminator??

I'd have to agree with Christian. The concept of a devil only makes sense with a God... Good and Evil

Hagren-A film buff like you never saw "Rosemary's Baby"?! It's only one of the greatest films of all time, greatest of all the horror genre even (that counts, right?). It's Roman Polanski's classic about a woman giving birth to the son of Satan....or is she?!

But thematically and stylistically it's abit of a retredd of his earliar and far more powerful "Repulsion".

Both are superb, but there is more going on in Repulsion.

Film-buffy here.

I agree that "Repulsion" is far and away Polanski's best film....or at least it was until "The Pianist".

I love Roman Polanski's work.

Watch the trailer and decide.

I wouldnt watch it even if i would be forced to do it.

It seems somehow spilled with syrup. And the original story is everything but not that. Because the original one is quite cruel.

But maybe im just recalling something wrong, wheter my impression of the trailer or the original story. And maybe im too judging just because of one trailer.

But again, watch the trailer and decide.

Oh and now i decide to really buy The Pianist. And to check out his other films.

(Because yeah, chris, im a film-fan just since feb, so i have much still to see)

Watch the trailer and decide.

i prefer to hear opinions of people who i have some faith in (like Ade and the rest) to the trailers.

But did you see it?

I would gladly talk to you about the film, but i didnt see it, so i couldnt say anything else.

I for myself im not interested in the film caus the trailer looks like if it woud be sweetened.

But i could be wrong though.

Sao you have to wait till someone who saw it on this board can say something about it :)

Sorry that i couldnt help, you can believe me i would if i could, thats what i could say.

Why would i be asking if Oliver Twist is worth seeing, if i had already seen the film?

I saw a teaser, which told me it could go both ways. Though it had some of the childish emotions that brought back memories of my own upbringing on the cruel streets of 19th century London...

I saw a teaser, which told me it could go both ways. Though it had some of the childish emotions that brought back memories of my own upbringing on the cruel streets of 19th century London...

:D

And thanks for...lending me your....car that time?

wew it's hot in here.

I agree that "Repulsion" is far and away Polanski's best film....or at least it was until "The Pianist".

I love Roman Polanski's work.

I concur, except that with the Pianist he sort of transcended himself by, i dont know being truer to the script and subject material than to himself.

Basically any overt Auteur signatures and thematic consistancies are deliberately withheld.

It's one of cinema's most eveident auteurs, overcoming the very things that made him so, and the film is better for it.

Just when you think that auterism(with the debates on both ends) is the natural resting place for filmaking, someone achieves this.

Honestly i didn't know that he still had it in him.

So pedantically(but still with critical reward) Repulsion is the best Polanski film, and the Pianist is the best film Polanski has made.

Incidently I have'nt seen Oliver Twist.

I go on miserable fim sabbaticals often.

Furthermore, I wasn't sure what alternative take or additional perspective he would bring to it.

(I'm sure it's competancy is guarenteed however)

Cheers for the rant.

Let my derailment cease.

Rogan, is "Oliver Twist" your favourite God vs. Satan movie then?

"Why would i be asking if Oliver Twist is worth seeing, if i had already seen the film?"

Maybe so you can look cool for your friends. By forming your own opinion, you risk alienating yourselves from others; sometimes it's best to remain a blank slate and allow the majority to form your opinion for you.

But i'm already asking my opinion to be formed, by the forumites here, i don't want to go into that movie blindfolded, due to my lack of own opinions and individuality. Heck, even what i posted now is copy/pasted from some other web page.

I think that's a very positive opinion!

You go girl!

I love people and fuzzy animals, don't you?

America is #1!

Support the troops!

McDonald's make the best food.

Hugs!

LOL!

Brad Pitt is like so cute!

I don't understand why Muslims are so evil, but I accept their right to hate us.

Free speech is so important!

Don't ask me, I'm just a girl!

Have we dated?

China town, is a great script, with great acting, but i think in terms of film language, the other two are far stronger.

The Pianist? Better than Chinatown in terms of film language???

WH....ok I have been getting into too many online debates/arguments lately.

I just have to say though that I thought The Pianist is a very well made, very slick, well acted and above all, very SAFE movie that doesnt do new things with the medium for the most part. Chinatown, on the other hand, pushed every envelope there is.

Rogan as no one has seen fit to answer ya it's down to me.

Polanski's Oliver Twist is a decent telling of the tale but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it. I was expecting something a little more because it was Polanski but he sticks so religiously to the book that I think that just about any typical director could have made it. In fact it reminded me of something you might see done by the BBC.

So if you are interested in it solely because it was directed by Polanski don't bother. If you want to see a film adaptation of Oliver Twist then see the David Lean version.

Having said all that Kingsley is fucking outstanding as Fagin.