sethos

Constantine 2 is DEAD

If you can't be civil, ignore him. That's my vote.

Where was I not civil? I consider that my only moment of rudeness was in my initial post to this thread.

A lot of off-topic posts. er, to get back ...or try to get back......

If they do make a Constantine 2, this is fine by me. Preferably same actor even if the rest of you dislike it. So instead of Yay, i say nay. I hope they do it.

Like I said, the film fascinated me enough to get me buying ... btw, I found an office mate that has old issues of Hellblazer. now, the thing is to get him to remember to bring it to work.... maybe phone messages three times a day? Overkill, huh?

found on superherohype.net, part two of the uslan interview (producer of batman films, constantine etc.):

SHH!: Has Keanu been signed to do another movie yet?

Uslan: There are discussion ongoing at the moment.

so hope for folks who liked the movie, and a maybe ongoing nightmare for those who didnt :)

i would post the whole interview where he talks a bit about constantine, but i dont want to bother people with that after this and anyway :)

but he was satisfied with it too, altough i know that batman is nearer to his heart.

for them who want to read the interview anyway (hes talking about future projects too: click)

found on superherohype.net, part two of the uslan interview (producer of batman films, constantine etc.):

so hope for folks who liked the movie, and a maybe ongoing nightmare for those who didnt :)

i would post the whole interview where he talks a bit about constantine, but i dont want to bother people with that after this and anyway :)

but he was satisfied with it too, altough i know that batman is nearer to his heart.

for them who want to read the interview anyway (hes talking about future projects too: click)

Uslan is trying to save face. Notice (if you read the interview) that he does not mention the bad reaction the movie received after it was released. He only continues to mention the fifteen-minute clip from a year ago that he felt gave a good impression of the movie. Now also look at the quote that he made that the editor from Vertigo, that they wanted Karen Berger aproval. Now who really owns Vertigo? Or not to mention DC comics in general? If she had a grievance with the film, she would have been fired out right. You might call that extreme but it happens everyday in corporate America, especially if a studio is trying desperately to try to build the next franchise. Notice also that he is trying to lump the first Batman movie and its casting of Michel Keaton as Batman as a source of how people were reacting to Keanu’s casting as John Constantine. Now if you are old enough to remember the whole Batman media bliss of the first movie, you would remember that Keaton proved everybody wrong and was considered the best Batman of the first four films (that was int’l Bale came in and made Batman his own with Batman Begins).

What you are seeing ladies and gentlemen is studio hype and a way of trying to save face.

The sequel is not going to happen.

Uslan is trying to save face. Notice (if you read the interview) that he does not mention the bad reaction the movie received after it was released. He only continues to mention the fifteen-minute clip from a year ago that he felt gave a good impression of the movie. Now also look at the quote that he made that the editor from Vertigo would have disapproved of Constantine if she felt there was something wrong for the film (I’m paraphrasing here so bear with me) Now who really owns Vertigo? Or not to mention DC comics in general? If she had a grievance with the film, she would have been fired out right. You might call that extreme but it happens everyday in corporate America, especially if a studio is trying desperately to try to build the next franchise. Notice also that he is trying to lump the first Batman movie and its casting of Michel Keaton as Batman as a source of how people were reacting to Keanu’s casting as John Constantine. Now if you are old enough to remember the whole Batman media bliss of the first movie, you would remember that Keaton proved everybody wrong and was considered the best Batman of the first four films (that was int’l Bale came in and made Batman his own with Batman Begins).

What you are seeing ladies and gentlemen is studio hype and a way of trying to save face.

i give you right until the last sentence. they cant say anything bad because theyre involved. but why didnt he say anything good of swampthing or catwoman? back to the last sentence: you and i cant know.

the money is a proof for that it could happen, the bad word of mouth in america that it doesnt. altough when its so bad, why do i see user ratings between 60-70/ a B in almost every site on the web? lets see. we shouldnt say anything that anyone cant know who isnt in the dccomics/warnerbros family involved at this moment.

when there is a sequel, there is, when not, then not.

Uslan is trying to save face. Notice (if you read the interview) that he does not mention the bad reaction the movie received after it was released. He only continues to mention the fifteen-minute clip from a year ago that he felt gave a good impression of the movie. Now also look at the quote that he made that the editor from Vertigo would have disapproved of Constantine if she felt there was something wrong for the film (I’m paraphrasing here so bear with me) Now who really owns Vertigo? Or not to mention DC comics in general? If she had a grievance with the film, she would have been fired out right. You might call that extreme but it happens everyday in corporate America, especially if a studio is trying desperately to try to build the next franchise. Notice also that he is trying to lump the first Batman movie and its casting of Michel Keaton as Batman as a source of how people were reacting to Keanu’s casting as John Constantine. Now if you are old enough to remember the whole Batman media bliss of the first movie, you would remember that Keaton proved everybody wrong and was considered the best Batman of the first four films (that was int’l Bale came in and made Batman his own with Batman Begins).

i give you right until the last sentence. they cant say anything bad because theyre involved. but why didnt he say anything good of swampthing or catwoman? back to the last sentence: you and i cant know.

the money is a proof for that it could happen, the bad word of mouth in america that it doesnt. altough when its so bad, why do i see user ratings between 60-70/ a B in almost every site on the web? lets see. we shouldnt say anything that anyone cant know who isnt in the dccomics/warnerbros family involved at this moment.

The movie did not make that much money and if you are going by the user ratings for this film, notice that the majority of the user reviews are very negative. On IMdb.com, on amazon.com, on Yahoo.com, you get the what i'm saying.

The movie did not make that  much money and if you are going by the user ratings for this film, notice that the majority of the user reviews are very negative. On IMdb.com, on amazon.com, on Yahoo.com, you get the what i'm saying.

on imdb it has 6.4. on yahoo it has a B. so the majority cant be too negative, thats mathematically impossible. but yeah, it has 2,5 stars out of 5 on amazon, i know. but 71% on rottentomatoes. and so on. it is not bad, just look around.

and it made good money i think, more than sin city. the problem is just that the costs were high :) but the dvd-sells are well, maybe that helps. but i dont want to say anything inproper, so i say again: lets see.

The movie did not make that much money and if you are going by the user ratings for this film, notice that the majority of the user reviews are very negative. On IMdb.com, on amazon.com, on Yahoo.com, you get the what i'm saying.

on imdb it has 6.4. on yahoo it has a B. so the majority cant be too negative, thats mathematically impossible. but yeah, it has 2,5 stars out of 5 on amazon, i know. but 71% on rottentomatoes. and so on. it is not bad, just look around.

and it made good money i think, more than sin city. the problem is just that the costs were high :) but the dvd-sells are well, maybe that helps. but i dont want to say anything inproper, so i say again: lets see.

Well, on imdb, you can vote multiple times so that rating does not count. It takes more effort to write a review than to vote on a rating and the majority of the reviews on imdb are very negative. As for Sin City, it cost less to make that movie but it brought in a huge profit for the studio plus there is a huge cry for a sequel for that film. Is there a cry for a Constantine sequel? no. The dvd sales for Constantine have been very good for the first week but it droped hard on the second.

Well, on imdb, you can vote multiple times so that rating does not count. It takes more effort to write a review than to vote on a rating and the majority of the reviews on imdb are very negative. As for Sin City, it cost less to make that movie but it brought in a huge profit for the studio plus there is a huge cry for a sequel for that film. Is there a cry for a Constantine sequel? no. The dvd sales for Constantine have been very good for the first week but it droped hard on the second.

there dont has to be a cry for sin city 2, because there will be :) and didnt i say that constantine was expensive? i dont want to decide if theres a cry for a sequel, i know that i would want to see one. and how do you now that dvd sales dropped hard? no site i know shows the actual places. but if its really like this, well, ok. but it made very good in germany, austria and the uk. after being almost two months released in austrai and germany its still on the boards, and being released for almost one month its also still on the boards in the uk. so again (hmpf): lets see!

(imdb reviews, constantine: 780 comments in total. loved it (more than 6.4): 426 comments. hated it (less than 6,4): 319 comments. wheres the majority here? btw,the most hated it comments had 1 star rating, what is just plainly dumb. i personally think that there very few films who deserve a rating below 4. do you think constantine was so bad? i dont think so. these are for me just not overthinked hate-comments. cuz like i said, thats dumb! especially when even hellblazer fans dont give votes under 5. and when i saw really bad films; constantine had good things in it)

there dont has to be a cry for sin city 2, because there will be :) and didnt i say that constantine was expensive? i dont want to decide if theres a cry for a sequel, i know that i would want to see one. and how do you now that dvd sales dropped hard? no site i know shows the actual places. but if its really like this, well, ok. but it made very good in germany, austria and the uk. after being almost two months released in austrai and germany its still on the boards, and being released for almost one month its also still on the boards in the uk. so again (hmpf): lets see!

(imdb reviews, constantine: 780 comments in total. loved it (more than 6.4): 426 comments. hated it (less than 6,4): 319 comments. wheres the majority here? btw,the most hated it comments had 1 star rating, what is just plainly dumb. i personally think that there very few films who deserve a rating below 4. do you think constantine was so bad? i dont think so. these are for me just not overthinked hate-comments. cuz like i said, thats dumb! especially when even hellblazer fans dont give votes under 5. and when i saw really bad films; constantine had good things in it)

Majority because more people agree with the negative reviews than the positive. Look at the feedback of each review giving. BTW the movie does deserve the one star rating in my opinion. If you read the reviews of the movie, a good number of the one star ratings are from people who don't have a clue on what the comic book is about.

BTW, look at the dvd charts, they have the numbers right there, if you want to see them for yourself.

Majority because more people agree with the negative reviews than the positive. Look at the feedback of each review giving. BTW the movie does deserve the one star rating in my opinion. If you read the reviews of the movie, a good number of the one star ratings are from people who don't have a clue on what the comic book is about.

BTW, look at the dvd charts, they have the numbers right there, if you want to see them for yourself. XXX did better than Constantine on its first week and that was beyond bad in my opinion.

BTW, look at the dvd charts, they have the numbers right there, if you want to see them for yourself.

these are the charts of amazon.com. and agreeing on something means nothing for me. because it works like this: you hated it, you agree with the haters. you loved it you agree with the lovers. so: no change.

but, i dont care about other ones opinion anymore. everyone likes otherwise things, everyone wnats to see different thigns and thinks different in everything, so who cares.

and that they didnt have a clue whats hellblazer about, what says that of the film or the one star rating?

i really dont understand your points. but maybe im just dumb.

these are the charts of amazon.com. and agreeing on something means nothing for me. because it works like this: you hated it, you agree with the haters. you loved it you agree with the lovers. so: no change.

but, i dont care about other ones opinion anymore. everyone likes otherwise things, everyone wnats to see different thigns and thinks different in everything, so who cares.

and that they didnt have a clue whats hellblazer about, what says that of the film or the one star rating?

[/quot

Actually, if you read what I was writing, you would have notice that I’m talking about imdb, not amazon. Amazon has my points about the film right there in front of you because a good majority of the one star reviews are from people who did not know that this film was based on a comic book. The biggest complaint about it was the acting of Keanu Reeves and the screenplay. Now I know that there are fans out there that disapproved of the film and wrote a review but their reviews a small compared to the ones from the ones from those who had no clue about the comic book.

Notice that i did not insult you, so don't call yourself dumb. You just have a diffent view on what is going on.

to try explain you why i wouldnt give any film a 1 star rating: because im objective. regardless of how much i love or hate a film, i try to see the good and the bad points of it. altough i loved batman begins and constantine eg, that doesnt mean i was always satisfied with them: there are parts i really hated (in c: some corny dialogue/situations, some shit music, the boring middle, rachel weisz wasnt so stunning etc; bb: katie holmes, the overemotionalisation, that it was too long etc.) or i was totally disappointed with sin city, but there were things i liked in it (the male voices, the look of the dames, the visuals, the miho slaughter etc.) so thats why i wouldnt give any film 1 star rating.

[/quot

Actually, if you read what I was writing, you would have notice that I’m talking about imdb, not amazon. Amazon has my points about the film right there in front of you because a good majority of the one star reviews are from people who did not know that this film was based on a comic book. The biggest complaint about it was the acting of Keanu Reeves and the screenplay. Now I know that there are fans out there that disapproved of the film and wrote a review but their reviews a small compared to the ones from the ones from those who had no clue about the comic book.

Notice that i did not insult you, so don't call yourself dumb. You just have a diffent view on what is going on.

im in total knowledge that you talked about imdb. but imdb is partner with amazon, so the dvd-board shows just the amazon-sales.

and yeah i know the complaints. that the film makes no snese. thats not true, its toally logical just not everythings explained. but yeah, the screenplay is too short. and i know that they hated keanu. i myself loathed him in matrix, but he totally fitted in constantine, he was really good. and those who wrote he was shit are those who hated him, so thats why i dont care about this. and there many people i know who liked it wheter knowing or not knowing the comic book. so let us just go on, ok? accept that there are people who really liked it, and theyre not just few, like i accepted that there are people who didnt like it. but for me, that doesnt show the quality of a movie that how many did like a particular film or not, so.

(but, just as information, there are many more films really hated. constantine doesnt fall into this category i think)

to try explain you why i wouldnt give any film a 1 star rating: because im objective. regardless of how much i love or hate a film, i try to see the good and the bad points of it. altough i loved batman begins and constantine eg, that doesnt mean i was always satisfied with them: there are parts i really hated (in c: some corny dialogue/situations, some shit music, the boring middle, rachel weisz wasnt so stunning etc; bb: katie holmes, the overemotionalisation, that it was too long etc.) or i was totally disappointed with sin city, but there were things i liked in it (the male voices, the look of the dames, the visuals, the miho slaughter etc.) so thats why i wouldnt give any film 1 star rating.

I'm not going to give my review here because that's not why i'm here. i'm here to blowholes in the hypocrisy of the people who made this film. And the way they are lying about certain things.

I'm not going to give my review here because that's not why i'm here. i'm here to blowholes in the hypocrisy of the people who made this film. And the way they are lying about certain things.

i didnt say that you should write your opinion :)

i just told you why i wrote before that i think people who ive 1 star ratings dont really bother me.

and sure, maybe theyre lying but they did a hard work with the film, regardless of the changes so i respect them. respect is really a thing what lacks nowadays. and knowledge.

i didnt say that you should write your opinion :)

i just told you why i wrote before that i think people who ive 1 star ratings dont really bother me.

and sure, maybe theyre lying but they did a hard work with the film, regardless of the changes so i respect them. respect is really a thing what lacks nowadays. and knowledge.

It does bother you, that's why you gave such a strong reaction. As for my review, I decided not to give one because I choose not to. It's not why i'm writting thease things

If you want to make this a Keanu crusade because you like him, than that’s up to you( i met him and he was really sweet). I’m just trying to give facts where all I see is bull@#%.

Look, you can keep this absurd circular argument up for as long as you like, but please stop quoting each other's comments in your responses. The endless blue lines are giving me a headache.

If you hate it, you hate it. If you like it, you like it.

Everyone has its own opinion. May I do a Spock and say IDIC!?

Anyway, sigh...

btw, just to Hagren - I only watched Matrix 1, but when Constantine came out - I decided to check out 2 and 3. My initial opinion still stands - in that 2 and 3 were not necessary at all, but hey - if people had fun, then the movie did its function...

If it wont be done, then it wont. My. For people who like JCon - who's cool - some of you can be so uncool.... well, if there were no name calling, it would be good debate ... but

Look, you can keep this absurd circular argument up for as long as you like, but please stop quoting each other's comments in your responses. The endless blue lines are giving me a headache.

sorry.