sethos

Constantine 2 is DEAD

Another "Movie" would hopefully bring more readers to Hellblazer . Thats a good thing but I had this idea that if there is no Constantine two The real John might have a chance to pop up in the Swamp Thing Movie .

sometime i read about that and they want to let him pop in in "comic-edition".

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand - you mean they want to let a blonde guy with a trenchcoat appear in Constantine 2?

Another "Movie" would hopefully bring more readers to Hellblazer . Thats a good thing but I had this idea that if there is no Constantine two The real John might have a chance to pop up in the Swamp Thing Movie .

sometime i read about that and they want to let him pop in in "comic-edition".

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand - you mean they want to let a blonde guy with a trenchcoat appear in Constantine 2?

nono, in the upcoming "swamp thing" movie.

They will, however, appropriate our ideas and take our money.

What?

While Hollywood makes snide comments about comic fanboys and other socially marginal people, they don't seem to dislike us so much that they won't use what we like and then make money off it.

I really, really hope sales do not generate a sequel. "Constantine" ended without the need for a sequel anyway, and I think they should keep it that way (at the very least for the sake of my own anger managment)

Some would say it began without the need for a sequel.

I really, really hope sales do not generate a sequel. "Constantine" ended without the need for a sequel anyway, and I think they should keep it that way (at the very least for the sake of my own anger managment)

Some would say it began without the need for a sequel.

They'd be more than right, too.

The studio should have been happy to get its money back, let alone be pimping for a sequel.

Let's face it, the character is essentially unknown, the movie is set in a world (of demons and devils and gods and magic) that isn't obviously attractive to audiences who want to be dazzled by high-tech special effects depicting space ship battles or buildings that blow up every couple of minutes. In addition, the tone is likely to turn off the touchy-feeling types that want their supernatural and afterlife entities to be more Touched by and Angel than snarling, demonic, hellbeast. And I don't even need to mention the ticked off comic fans...

Not every movie needs a sequel. There wasn't Citizen Kane II: Sledding into Oblivion or The Maltese Falcon: Jaihouse Girls Go Wild. We don't need Constantine 2: Sigfried and Roy and John.

You know, I would watch it if Tilda Swindon were a major player again. Constantine II: Touched There by an Angel....

I'll be in my bunk

I still want a sequel. *shrugs* but if there isnt, I can live with it.

And yes, I bought the dvd, the comics, too - and the comics had "Hold Me" again.

I think they should drive the final nail into the coffin and make a "Carry On Constantine" movie.

Starring cheeky sarky camp(a pre-requisite for a Carry On film) Liverpudlian comedian(that term is used loosely here though) Paul O' Grady as John Constantine

mainlogoorig.jpg

Cheeky squeaky-voiced Cockney comedian(again, i use the term loosely) Joe Pasquale as "The First Of The Fallen"

Joe%20Pasquale.JPG

Ex-Eastenders heart-throb Shaun Williamson as Chas

ShaunWilliamson.jpg

tellypic11.jpg

Ex-Hi De Hi star Su Pollard as Zed

Melanie1.jpg

Bonnie Langford as demon Ellie

_1435520_morning_lily150.jpg

Lily Savage(a.k.a Paul O' Grady) as the Demon Constantine.

Special guest stars....

Ronnie Corbett as Swamp Thing

Corbett147.jpg

Bernard Cribbins as The Snob

jackanory1.jpg

and

golden3.jpg

Former host of ITV's "The Golden Shot" Charlie Williams as Map

Reeves Talks Constantine Sequel

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/2300.asp

Matrix star Keanu Reeves recently spoke to ComingSoon.net in which he revealed that there may not be a sequel to Constantine, which is based on the Hellblazer comic book series.

"I would do that in a second," he told us before saying how much he liked the storyline from the first movie. But he wasn't so sure about a sequel happening.

"They're producers, so they have to be optimistic. It's not up to me, man. It's up to whomever wants to provide the resources to make that movie. I don't think Warner Bros. is going to do it. I don't think it makes fiscal sense for them, because they don't feel it will make money."

Sexton? He is supposed to be pretty annoying, I suppose. But that article makes it sound like he's more of a producer or something. Surely he doesn't have the money or fanbase to actually make a difference to the movie?

And wasn't this thing alrady under production at New Line anyway?

He might look different, but I'm sure they'll keep the sprit and tone of the original comics, like the bit where Death uses a minigun to mow down angels before becoming a methodist.

Guest spiderlegs
You know, I would watch it if Tilda Swindon were a major player again.  Constantine II: Touched There by an Angel.... 

I'll be in my bunk

oh my god, beer out the nose! That was fucking brilliant! Cheers for the laugh.

:lol:

This page of this thread has to be the funniest thing we've had on this Forum in a long time. It was a laugh a minute, from Kris' casting list to John McMahon's comments about Shia playing Death.....so funny.

He might look different, but I'm sure they'll keep the sprit and tone of the original comics, like the bit where Death uses a minigun to mow down angels before becoming a methodist.

Bwahahahaha!