sethos

Constantine 2 is DEAD

Kris' cast list and the comment by James are the funniest things I've read today. :lol: :lol:

producers (di bonaventura, eg) would want to see constantine sequel cause they loved the character and would enjoy making another film, but now maybe keanu dont want to (:))

says superherohype.com

Besides a tortuous double negative, that story does not say what they say it does.

http://superherohype.com/news/constantinenews.php?id=3541

links to this

Despite earning an impressive $229.6 million worldwide, on a budget of $100 million, Keanu Reeves tells ComingSoon.net/SuperheroHype.com that there's a good chance there won't be a sequel to Constantine.

"I would do that in a second," he told us before saying how much he liked the storyline from the first movie. But he wasn't so sure about a sequel happening.

"They're producers, so they have to be optimistic. It's not up to me, man. It's up to whomever wants to provide the resources to make that movie. I don't think Warner Bros. is going to do it. I don't think it makes fiscal sense for them, because they don't feel it will make money."

from 13th September

but the original article

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.p...gory=0&id=32750

links to this

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=32455

from 14th September

Keanu Reeves told SCI FI Wire that if there's going to be a sequel to his supernatural movie Constantine, they'll have to raise hell without him.

"Not with me," Reeves said flatly when asked about a sequel to the movie about reluctant demon-fighter John Constantine during an interview at the Toronto International Film Festival.

Reeves said that he liked the character and thought it was a well-rounded part, but that the film version of the Hellblazer series from DC/Vertigo comics wasn't enough of a moneymaker to warrant a sequel. The movie made $75 million domestically and more than double that overseas, but cost Warner Brothers about $100 million to make.

Is there any hope for Constantine 2? "No," Reeves said. "We didn't quite make it."

yeah its quite interesting :)

the one article says keanu wants but the producers not the other that they want it but him not. well, will see.

yeah its quite interesting :)

the one article says keanu wants but the producers not the other that they want it but him not. well, will see.

Or rather NOT see, if we are lucky.

Hello Hello.

I was wondering about possibly sequels, meaning "The mummy 3", “Scorpion king 2”.and “Constantine 2”...I know that “Constantine” is DC comic so I thought they might do a sequel.

Nick

Nick,

Don’t expect another “Scorpion King” sequel, but there’s a good chance both a “Mummy 3” and a “Constantine 2” will happen – the script for “The Mummy 3” has actually been written, so shouldn’t be too long before Arnold Vosloo’s back in work. Check out the script review at IESB.net

from http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060119_mov...lbag_19106.html

Is there any hope for Constantine 2? "No," Reeves said. "We didn't quite make it watchable the first time."

Maybe in 10 years someone will revive this character and build a solid franchise out of it, a la Batman Begins.

"Constantine Commences"??

rogan: well, scorpion king is much worse. i dont have problems with the mummy movies, though the second one was sometimes pain to watch.

nightpunch: i watched it 5 times or so, the only thing what really was not really watchable was the middle.

What does that mean?

That you dont want discuss this matter because you dislike it?

Ok for me. But because i liked it quite much, i have to defend it :)

You can imagine how exhausting this is on this board :lol:

What does that mean?

Eh, it just means that I've read your passionate arguments in favor of the movie and the equally passionate avalanche of arguments against the movie..... I don't think there's anything left to say for either side...... I actually liked the movie when I saw it, then read the entire run of Hellblazer and realized that they didn't just miss the boat, they missed the entire fucking ocean. Dammit, this was what I was trying to avoid..........

:)

Because youre funny and personable, i don't want to start a discussion.

But: I wasn't the only one in favor of the movie, see "Have you seen Constantine?" thread for further details.

And: It's not 0% Hellblazer. And definetly not a shit film in you know what way. But yeah, poor adaptation nonetheless. But i like interpretations.

If theyre not too painful or boring.

Oh, i couldnt resist. Excuse me for that.

I know it makes no sense. But i cant help myself.

Tough HB is better of course.

Maybe you should ignore me from now on :lol:

No, no, no. Like I said, I respect your right to have an opinion, especially when it differs from mine. And while I'm stroking your ego here let me just say that your grammar/spelling is perfectly intelligible. Don't take that anon. pm comment (from the Jaynova Stud thread) so personally. Your understanding and use of English is better than 80% of the American population (trust me).

Did I enjoy the movie when I saw it? Yes. So I can't say I hate it. But at the time I had only read the Dangerous Habits TPB at that point, so seeing a very loose interpretation of that arc in film form was fine. However, having gone on to read the entire HB run in order since then, I now think the film's fairly crappy.

But I digress.........

I understand you too.

I just fell in love with the film so i couldn't hate it.

Though yes, its not perfect, god no. And HB is much more thicker than the film.

But I liked the interpretation and that JC remained a bit in it (for me), i mean the true misinterpretations where "only" that a) he used a gun (not that he never uses fierce but its not his kind of dealing with things), b) that he mutated into a good chap (I mean these are of course not the only changes, but these were the really strong ones in his personality). But because im kind of a happy person, i could imagine that for the comic JC also: I mean how often was he this nice, understanding and family-oriented guy? He's got several faces and most of them were included in the film in my viewpoint. Though many other things changed, but not so wild for me.

Though i surely don't know as much HB as you do, i read approx. 60 issues or so. But i understood it as adaptation of just one arc, and some bonus points from others so for that it wasn't too bad. And i kinda dig its visual and otherwise style as film.

Maybe one day we wil have a real HB-adaptation. But until that im kinda comfortable with this one, because at least its good on its own: I mean watch Garfield. Its not just not what it was in the strips, but it mutilated into a standard-kids movie that makes your head explode with shit. And that only because Lawrence refused to let it be PG-13. Because maybe he made his own HB, but at least he did care for that. I see great work behind it. Though i also don't understand why the producers wnated it to change things like that and why nobody wanted to make it really faithful. I mean, not that WB is like that, look at Batman Begins, the first two Bats, and now Millers 300 and Vendetta (I at least hope it will be a good film- Until now it looks quite good.)

Oh, and i already spoke to that person, nothing bad happened :)

Im not that kind of hateful person, i can't hold such feelings too long. Its not healthy and it doesnt bring you anywhere. But sometimes you just can't help yourself. And thanks :)

My lil' brother likes your avatar btw :)

mummy 3? scorpion king 2??????

(;))

Predator 2, Gremlins 2 (predator wins 5-0 after penalties).

Fun Boy 3, U 2.

Birmingham 5, Portsmouth 0.

Constantine 2, Fantastic 4.

Oceans 11, Arse Nil.

The funny thing is those guys who wrote this thing didn't quite like any of those films :)

So why did they put 'em on the Top list?

Maybe its a reverse one :)

Though from what films i saw in related matter (Exorcist (Yeah, yeah, hate me, maybe i just didn't like it so much because i watched it after Scary Movie two, (which is mediocre), so it made the Exorcist funny, though it had its moments), End of Days, Stigmata, i dunno) was C my fav. And laso there are quite a few people who liked it. So the list woulnd't surprise me. But why aren't there every such films on it to know what is in store?

I wouldn't mind a second part if it would be even better and we would have again a neat Graphic Novel, or anything likewise.

"I'm like, soooo smoking right now, dudes ... Constantine"

Is this actually from the movie?

1.Rosemary's Baby-that counts, right?

2.Devil's Advocate

3.Exorcist

4.The Omen

5.I dunno....End of Days? Only other one I can think of right now.

1: I don't think so- excluding if youre making a joke. Or maybe i dont remember it. Or whatever.

Ah, Devils Advocate, of course!

Not bad, but i prefer Angel Hearts or Constantines Satan. And Constantine was a bit more erasing the Fence between "Good" and "Bad" thats what i liked about the film and i like about the comics. Because like that its not so stereotypical with the sex and such things. Eurgh.

Rosemarys Baby?

Wow i dont know that!

Heard from it i think but i never actually saw it. Is it worth checking out?

It seems it is :)

"I'm like, soooo smoking right now, dudes ... Constantine"

Is this actually from the movie?

1.Rosemary's Baby-that counts, right?

2.Devil's Advocate

3.Exorcist

4.The Omen

5.I dunno....End of Days? Only other one I can think of right now.

Three of those films are actually Man V The Devil.

God's in two of them.