Sign in to follow this  
J. White

Superman movie

Yahoo Movies

Wednesday, October 20th, 2004

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a guy you've never heard of! 'Superman' has been cast.

Director Bryan Singer has announced that little-known actor Brandon Routh will be the new Man of Steel. Read about him and other developments for 2006's Superman.

I remember reading the first script and thought it was shit, but the more I hear about this movie the better it's likely to be.

pretty sad. I know its premature to say it but especially after Reeve's death and my revisiting the first 3 Superman movies last week I dont hold out much promise. Of course, I could be wrong. But somehow some teen TV idol for Superman doesnt really make me feel all that optimistic......

Oh, from the point of view of spotting potential trainwrecks, whatshisname's coming from Undressed is delicious, since the show was so twitsy.

Probably they chose him as part of a demographic chase, but at least they haven't announced that Shia leBeouf will play Jimmy Olson. B)

Well, he WILL, won't he? I thought he was a professional movie sidekick? ;)

Well, he WILL, won't he?

Do you want Tom to give you a good slapping?!

I have never heard of this Brandon Routh. I was kinda hoping Tom Welling would do it.

Batman, I am looking foward too. Superman, I'm a bit more wary.

Bryan Singer to direct SUPERMAN

X-Men director Bryan Singer is may be bringing another superhero to the big screen: SUPERMAN! IGN FilmForce reports that Warner Brothers president Alan Horn met with Singer and offered him the chance to direct the next Supermen flick.

Singer has not yet signed on to the project but is said to be considering it.

This news comes after conflicting reports as to whether McG was still attached to the project or not. A Warner Brothers spokesperson said as recently as last week that McG was still signed on to the project. But fans who have followed this long troubled project will remember that McG has been dumped in the past (in favor of Brett Ratner who subsequently left the project).

If McG is still on the job, teen actor Shia LaBeouf may be in the running for the role of Jimmy Olson. LeBeouf told USA TODAY: "I met with McG (the director) today and talked about Jimmy Olsen and who's going to be playing who. The production's so locked down they said I can't even take the script home. I have to go to Warner Bros. (studio) to read it and then leave it there."

As long its not bloody McG. In that case the movie will end up being a ninety minute trailer with a cut every two seconds and a vacant looking model in every scene. That man has to be one of the most talentless mainstream filmmakers I've seen. Music video style does NOT always translate well to film features. Someone should tell him that.

have you seen the young ponce they got for Supes, Abhi?

The one they cast as him, you mean? Yes I have. Horrendous. Terrible. Horrible. It's like an insult to the memory of Christopher Reeve.

To be fair, I've never seen him in anything that could showcase any talent he may possibly have but the guy's one of those MTV teen idol type guys on the lines of Ashton Kutcher and Hayden Christiansen. He could possibly pull off the look - theres something about his physical appearance that does remind me of Reeve. But from what I've seen, the guy has little acting talent and very little presence. Also, he looks way too young to me. He doesnt have that look that a guy who's been around as much as Superman is supposed to have. He could possibly have played 'Young Clark Kent' in the first Superman movie. That he could have done. I just have my reservations about him as Superman. But let's see.

My thoughts exactly... even a young Reeves had a wiser, more mature, serious look.