Christian

Spider Man 3:SPOILERS!!!

I'm not sure how Sandman could be wasted. A throwaway villain in the comic book, he turned into one of the most important characters in the Spider-mythos with the reveal in the movie, and he got a great character moment at the end of the film where they really fleshed out his motivation and made him more than a two-bit hood who got sand powers.

He was far better used in this movie than he had any right to be!

I dont know him from the comics, but in film this "Oh, hes just a poor thief who needs money for his sick daughter" angle made me nauseaus. And frankly, this is all you can say about the guy. I mean come on, not every villain should have a nice, sober side- Perhaps thats what made me so upset about the whole thing: It was the third villain in the series that had a relationship to Peter and didnt really fight against him at first, unlike Brock. Today, imho, a character isnt any clever by giving him a "motivation".

Oh, and god yes, J. Jonah Jameson was hilarious. Just an absolutely stupendous job of playing that character.

I forget the actors name but he is a brilliant actor... he also played schillinger in oz and that was amazing the places he went...

I thought the movie was great i wished we'd seen more black symbiote spidey though but not the dumb hand snappin b.s though.

did I comment here yet, I forget.

Anyway. I liked Marko, and that sub-plot, and I liked it that Harry was so cruel and heartless.

But.

I watched right up until the part where he decided to join the band, getting more and more angry with the whole "I am cool because I snap my fingers" bad spider shit.

Then I got up and left the movie. I actually can't handle stuff like that too well.

I was happier wandering up the road and having a chat with the girl in the noodle house, than enduring any more of bad spider.

Now I come here, and find people enjoyed that part? ? ?.

I don't understand that.

;)

I watched right up until the part where he decided to join the band, getting more and more angry with the whole "I am cool because I snap my fingers" bad spider shit.

Then I got up and left the movie. I actually can't handle stuff like that too well.

Trust me, you really didn't miss anything. It went from bad to worse. It's like they really didn't know how to finish it off without pissing off the Venom fans.

...I just didn't realize the power of the symbiote to be able to perform improvizational jazz like that...

I guess this explains why the alien is sensitive to sound. Maybe Pete should've made it listen to Tool or something. :biggrin:

Trust me, you really didn't miss anything. It went from bad to worse. It's like they really didn't know how to finish it off without pissing off the Venom fans.

They realized the error in marketing their film to a demographic of three people.

I resent that remark, I'm one of those three people!!

...seriously though, they shoulda just left out Venom. and the emo-spider. And scrapped that shite ending.

Then this would've been an ok film in my book.