Christian

Spider Man 3:SPOILERS!!!

That looks fucking rubbish. I actually quite like the black Spider-Man suit, but what makes it work is that it's not just a spray-painted version of his normal costume.

Agreed with your whole post, dipping the costume in black paint just makes it look shit.

I feel particularly vindicated by the fact that some nerd spent 5 minutes doing a really cheap-looking photo-manipulation and still came up with something which looks MASSIVELY better than the official effort in every way.

Sometimes, the source material got it right, and no significant change is necessary. The original Spider-Man costume, as realised brilliantly in the first two films, was definitely one of those times. This would be another.

I must be really bad at spotting photomanips because that fan effort doesnt look cheap to me :biggrin:

I really dont have problems with either image. I frankly dont care so much about Spiderman at all. Not the most compelling of characters. An entertaining action film like the last two is all I'm looking out for.

I must be really bad at spotting photomanips because that fan effort doesnt look cheap to me :biggrin:

The dead giveaways are usually around the outlines of objects. You can see it around his wrist on this one - whoever made it has used the blur tool to soften the edge, for some reason. Same around the top of his forehead.

The white spider symbol's very well done though.

It really is, isn't it? I remember seeing it when I was skimming through a friend's Spider-Man collection and just being blown away by it. I'm particularly impressed by the way he manages to clearly convey a clear impression of Spidey's silhouette - dramatic action pose included - through about 4 patches of white. There's an Alpha Flight (I think) cover which works in a similar way (black-clad character against a black background, with the whole shape of the body evoked by a pattern of loosely criss-crossing white bars), and is one of the best things I've ever seen him draw.

Hang on...here it is.

Ah yes, that is the incredibly controversial "white out" issue of Alpha Flight, in which Snowbird, dressed all in white, fights the Wendigo, furry white beast, in a blizzard for 20 pages.

I really dont have problems with either image. I frankly dont care so much about Spiderman at all. Not the most compelling of characters. An entertaining action film like the last two is all I'm looking out for.

Knowing its a fake i looked clearly for the defineing points but if i hadn't known and some one had said 'hey have you seen the knew spidey suit' i would have believed them.

Also i dont think we can moan about the costume ,although the one with the white spider does look better and a bit more true to the comic, as there realy will be some point to it being like that i mean sam raimi's a huge spidey fan so im sure he wouldn't just butcher something as big as that about the character.

Saying that losing the white spiders like losing the skull from the punisher it sort of sets the character out.

Ah yes, that is the incredibly controversial "white out" issue of Alpha Flight, in which Snowbird, dressed all in white, fights the Wendigo, furry white beast, in a blizzard for 20 pages.

It was only 9 pages, I believe. And clearly a joke (quite a funny one, if you ask me, although I've never actually read Alpha Flight - I just like the idea).

I dont know why but i really love the Spidey films, there my fav fun-flicks.

I hope Raimi comes up with an ubercool Venom-story.

And that cover is just the business. Though i like the film-pic too, because its delightingly dark.

I dont know why but i really love the Spidey films

Possibly 'cos they're ace?

Spider-Man 2 is probably my third-favourite superhero film ever (behind only Batman Begins and Superman). The first one isn't bad, either.

No i mean i dont just think their ace, im obsessed with them!

The funny thing is i did found the first half-good at first sight and i loathed the second.

Then i rewatched them and now i love them. Cant wait for the sequels.

And i read some comics from the beginning, but i dont like them much :)

Albeit the films...

My fav fun-films.

Though i think theyre more than just that.

You know, I was pretty underwhelmed by the Spider-Man films, particularly the second one. I really didn't care for Doc Ock at all. Though the subplot with Peter losing his powers and giving up the superhero life was nostalgic fun (ahhh the days when I enjoyed reading Spider-Man.....).

Batman Begins is still my favorite with the first 2 Superman movies and the X-Men movies right behind.

Everything else is just mediocre or horrible (The Punisher) to me.

Toby McGuire bugs me…he just…does…I don’t know why. Aside from that, Spiderman 1 and 2 are a couple of the best comic movies...especially when comparing them to films like Hulk and Daredevil (Ben Affleck…another one who irritates me to no end). I have to agree that Batman Begins ranks among the best. I also loved X2 but it could have been better in so many ways.

Thats it, soldier, that i didnt like it too the first time, i found it over-corny and shyte.

But then i fell in love with it, dont know why, its just high-class, well made nostalgic fun.

For me the list would like this (Mostly as standalone films, not adaptations):

Best comicbookfilm: Oldboy

Most fun comicbookmovie: Spidey 1 n 2

Best adaptation: Sin City

Best realistic comicbookfilm: Batman Begins

Other good efforts: Constantine, Hellboy

Ok: From Hell, Casper, First two Batman movies, Men in Black 1 n 2, Road to perdition

Worthless but also quite fun: Fantastic Four

Mediocre: Hulk

Bad: Daredevil, Garfield

Indecisive: X-Men films, Superman films (I have to rewatch them)

Still want to see: History of Violence, American Splendor, Ghostworld

Dont really want to see: Catwoman, Elektra

Anticipate: Vendetta, Spidey 3, X-Men 3: The last stand, Superman Returns, Batman Continues, Sin City sequels

Will see but dont expect much: Ghost Rider

What did i leave out?

goblin: Dunno, i like him here. He maybe looks like a Sissy but hes personable.

Veeery uncanny avatar btw-whoa!

I would agree with most of that.

For me, I guess a "top ten" list would go something like this:

1. Batman Begins

2. Sin City

3. Superman II

4. X2

5. Spider-Man

6. Hellboy

7. Road to Perdition

8. Ghost World

9. American Splendor

10. Superman

Definitely looking forward to all the flicks you mentioned. I anticipate big things from V, Superman Returns, X3, Batman and Sin City sequels.

You mean Constantine?

I'm not in the camp that hates it. I found it entertaining enough, especially when I didn't compare it to the comic.

It's at about the level of From Hell for me. There are comic-book movies that I have a far stronger dislike for. Examples: Both Punisher movies, Garfield, Fantastic Four (they really, really dropped the ball with that one), and a preemptive hatred for Ghost Rider. Those movies I absolutely loathe with every inch of my soul.

Constantine is harmless......

there are TWO Punisher movies?

And a Ghost Rider movie?

(already?)

Or do you just think they will be bad?

Yeah i dont like Garfield too.

Maybe its good for kids, but its just so run-of-the-mill.

John gains a (very attractive) gal, hes not pathetic. Garfield is not so bitter and a CGI-figure what doesnt look like him. Odie is not a CGI creature and therefore you dont have to laugh only because he looks so funny. Nermal is a cat not a kitty.

And its just such a hackneyed kids-movie.

Though maybe Murrays voice suits him.

I dont know the F4 comics, but i didnt dislike the film.

I found it silly, typical and laughable, but entertaining.

Like a vastly lite Spiderman.

What i dislike very strongly is Daredevil, it was just soooo ridicolous without being fun like i had with F4.

And im this forums pet-Constantine-film-admirer :)

I like it almost as much as the comic, but keeping in mind that the comic is much, much complex and broad.

there are TWO Punisher movies?

And a Ghost Rider movie?

(already?)

Or do you just think they will be bad?

And im this forums pet-Constantine-film-admirer :)

The first Punisher movie was from the late 80's/early 90's and starred Dolph Lundgren. As you can imagine, it was horrible.

The Ghost Rider mention was a joke, that's why I said "preemptive" which (in my basterdization of the term) means "I will judge it before I see it."

And I know about you and Constantine, we've discussed the movie in the past..... in one of my other incarnations. That is all I am legally allowed to say.

Fantastic Four was terrible. It makes me mad just thinking about it. I don't think the studio could've picked a worse director. You don't hand a special-effects heavy project that has a built-in audience with massive expectations to the guy who's best known for directing Barbershop and Taxi (2 horrendous films). Terrible, terrible choice. He also helped pen the script (for the 40th time). The film was a disaster from the get-go. Numerous re-writes, numerous directors attached who each had their own vision...... and we end up with Tim Story? No thanks. I'm not even a fan of the comics, but I expected much better. I bet Roger Corman's unseen version is better.

Despite my intense dislike for Constanteen, I would definitely agree that there are worse comic book movies out there. Let me chime in with the venom-spitting at the (in my view) disgustingly offensive Punisher and the ridiculously crappy Fantastic Four.

I am usually alone in my lukewarm response to the Spiderman movies - I like them well enough but I really find the character (and, therefore, the comics) to be relentlessly mediocre/underwhelming for the most part. Can someone explain to me why Spiderman is so great?

I have to admit that two bad comic-book films that I watch all the time are Superman III and IV - camp classics, both.