Ocean

Finally saw Sin City

Man, Kris and I have agreed on this, Timothy Dalton as Bond, AND he sent me Dead Man's Shoes. I think I've found my cinematic doppelganger.

Man, Kris and I have agreed on this, Timothy Dalton as Bond, AND he sent me Dead Man's Shoes.  I think I've found my cinematic doppelganger.

Our music tastes will scarily similar as well i remember too.

OMG - Sin City. Saw it last night at last. WHY OH WHY OH WHY couldnt Konstanteen have been more like this? IT. WAS. STUNNING.

(and why did a former music video director unfamiliar with Hellblazer and new to feature films get to direct a comic based film? D'UH plus infinity!!!!!!! Now I have seen Sin City Konstanteen seems ever more mediocre)

Man, Kris and I have agreed on this, Timothy Dalton as Bond, AND he sent me Dead Man's Shoes.  I think I've found my cinematic doppelganger.

Our music tastes will scarily similar as well i remember too.

Well then, if cinematic taste is any guide, it seems that Kris, myself and Mojo were separated at birth.

And Kinki, your good taste is confirmed too, with that last post :p

kinki, did you see batman begins?

Oh god yes - superbly dark, and Christian Bale was brilliant. But then I like Christian bale in whatever he does (The Machinist/American Psycho)...Did you enjoy it?

kinki, did you see batman begins?

Oh god yes - superbly dark, and Christian Bale was brilliant. But then I like Christian bale in whatever he does (The Machinist/American Psycho)...Did you enjoy it?

yeah, im also a big fan of bale. he was a superb batman and it was my fav batman related stuff until now. the machinist is one of my fav films and american psycho isnt bad also (the scene were he slashes leto is classic).

and whats with other comicbook movies?

i like sin city, constantine, batman begins, spidey 1+2 and hellboy the most.

the old batman films (burton), from hell, casper, the crow and the nem in black films are also okay. but sure that i forgot something :)

yepp from hell is with johnny depp, i love him also. but maybe i just liked it because i lowered my expectations to the min, so i got much more than i thought, i mean, garfield and daredevil were bad as hell compared to that film (what do you guys think from it, i dont know). and i also liked crow, the only things that i didnt like with it that the villains were very cliched, and it was a bit depressing, all the grey colors. and hellboy is good because its very mixed and strange, but i dont know if you would like it; watch the trailer. if you like the trailer, you will love the film (i hope so). but be careful, the great music in the trailer isnt included in the film, so dont fall in love with that :biggrin: if you have money to spend, buy the dvd, its one of the best dvd-sets i know, next to constantine and the outcoming special sin city (compared to other comicbookmovie dvds i have or know about right now)

what did you think about spidey?

Loosely. The book's by comics legend Alan Moore, and it's a rich, layered, complex piece of speculative historical autopsy. It's one of the best things he's ever written, and everyone who's got the slightest interest in the literary potential of "funny books" should check it out.

The film is an alright-if-you're-in-the-mood-for-that-kind-of-thing whodunnit, with little significant connection to the structure of the book beyond some characters, and a few key details of the plot behind the Ripper murders. It's not exactly Constanteen, but it certainly isn't a particularly faithful or interesting adaptation.

From Hell was a comic book written by Alan Moore and drawn by Eddie Campbell released in I think 10 parts and available now as one volume.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0861661419/

It is a very highly reagarded piece of work and in my opinion is a masterpiece. The movie really doesn't compare because what makes the comic work is not really translateable to film it contains a depth, attention to detail and subtlety that is lost in translation and so the movie is just yet another Jack the Ripper movie.

Edit: Damn Mark was too quick on the trigger and beat me to it.