new_age_bastard

Identity Crisis

Yeah i'm really enjoying this new run from DC.

Mainly cause it as my favourite bow and arrow expert narrating it.

Plus once again Johns is taking aim pulling down his pants and defiling poor Wally again. But its for his own good. That series of The Flash was getting really boring before he stepped in.

Anyway most of my friends are pretty hyped about it. And i just wanted to see how you guys felt about this mini.

I don't much care for "Identity Crisis". It's a left over from the "Dark Ages" of the mid-90s, when DC decided to screw with their characters as much as possible, in an attempt to alienate all Older Fans and bring in the lowest common denominator comic readers from Image.

Marvel never actually recovered.

It's the sad lineage left us by the genius of "Watchmen" and "Dark Knight Returns".

Shite! Could they manage to fit anymore on ONE page?!

Once it loaded, it took me 10 minutes to find the right freakin' topic!

Who wrote some of those other reviews?! "X-Cutioner's Song" may be one of the most intelligent and thoughtful stories ever in comics....uh-huh! I'm hoping that was part of the Satire.....HOPE

Anyway, the parts about the only two women in sight both wearing fishnets, and "Identity Crisis" #3 as being a touching reflection on the topic of rape were worth all the trouble!

:lol:

Hey, great to see(?) you again Dale, hope that takin' over the world thing's going well for you.

Anyway, just to go against the flow, I'm quite enjoying Identity Crisis. I was a bit disappointed that they killed off Sue Dibny, but what the hell, it certainly grabbed attention and got everybody talking. I just hope the consequences for the DCU are long lasting.

Liked the satirical stab at it too, (Ollie's narration does take a while) even though I wasn't aware that IC was supposed to be a "touching reflection on the topic of rape" - I thought it was going to be a superhero comic. Ditto the fishnets.

Hmmm, I'm finding it a bit hit and miss to be honest. I'm really enjoying Metzer's characterization and narrative flow but the actual plot of it seems to be flagging somewhat and I pretty convinced the big reveal will be shit.

Same goes for Disassembled too.

the latest issue was pure crap... Robin's dad and Boomerand Sr. die. boo-hoo. Oh, and Firestorm gets stabbed in the chwest and goes kaboom.

Firestorm gets stabbed in the chest and explodes?! OMG! That sounds so incredibly....FUNNY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Avengers Assembled" was pure unadulterated CRAP!

And what the hell is the deal with the F.F. and Spec. Spidey being part of the cross-over?! Their series had absolutely NOTHING to do with the Avengers' story-line!!!

Marvel confuses me a lot these days there is way to many different stories going on for the one character or team. Its all a damn incentive to make you buy as many different comics as possible, like that bloody war games crap the bat collection of comics is running. grumble. i refuse to buy it on being stingy principle.

I like Identity Crisis though i find i have to agree it is going to be a horrible let down when they reveal whose been doing all the killing. However its still got me hooked.

P.S. Which fucking female super speedster would even consider sleepin with Boomerang. I mean really.

Batman rumour i heard is that the Red hood is making a comeback. Now is it the Joker or that really depressed guy that went sidewalk diving in Grant Morrisons Animal Man. I wonder...

I think they killed off Boomerang, so they can have a real threat rogue for the flash, a spuer speedster Boomerang Jr. to make it more plausible...

sigh....This is all sounding so bad!

"War Games" makes "Avengers' Disassembled" and "Identity Crisis" look like "Watchmen"! :rolleyes:

Wolverine is in EVERY Marvel book!

DC is screwing with the legacy of Morrison's "Animal Man", maybe!

And, I liked the use of Boomerang in that Morrison issue of "Flash" I own!

I skimmed through the first issue of this in London and it did seem to border on the farce - there's an image near the end with Elongated Man all wrapped in around the charred remains of his dead wife. Such and odd visual to use when trying to convey a sense of grief.

Then at the end he tries to get all hardcore! It's Elongated Man!

I skimmed through the first issue of this in London and it did seem to border on the farce - there's an image near the end with Elongated Man all wrapped in around the charred remains of his dead wife.  Such and odd visual to use when trying to convey a sense of grief.

Then at the end he tries to get all hardcore!  It's Elongated Man!

ha, that was exactly what I'm thinking. some superheroes just don't lend themselves to dark and gritty.

Poor Ralph Dibny...

he is even, allwegedly, one of the suspects thrown by Meltzer, in the "Who benefits?" episode... apparently, his wife was insured, and she was a rich kid, so he inherits it all... :roll:

Suppose, or maybe its someone to make Impulse look good, Dammit i mean Kid Flash.

stupid DC :angry:

Yeah that gets me too. What was the point, really?

And as for Avengers Disassmbled, they killed off Hawkeye. And it wasn't even a worthwhile death. Its easier to accept your favourite character dying if there is a good reason for it.

Well, Boomerang's shot him, so it doesn't look good. Would like to see him survive though: having a father who knew about his kid-sidekick status made Robin unique, I think, in the DCU. Could have been plenty of mileage in that concept.