Christian

Favourite Comic Characters

Who are your favourite comic book characters?

Spurred on by the "Motor City Match-Up" thread, we're going to make this a Top 4 list.

Remember list your top FOUR favourite comic book characters. Any more or less than FOUR will be disqualified. Come on guys, it's a low number, I think you can do this! Also note that cheating in such a manner 1.)Fantastic Four 2.)Avengers 3.)Mark Wahlberg 4.)Rocket Racer will lead to you being disqualified as well.

The winner will recieve an autographed Battlin' K Brothers SIGNED poster!(disclaimer:Christian cannot promise you this prize. Don't trust him)

1.John Constantine

2.Sandman

3.Lucifer

4.Magneto

See? It's easy! Fun to do with your family and friends at home! Now, you try!

Just off the top of my head...

1. Batman

2. Rorschach

3. Cerebus the Aardvark

4. Crazy Jane (she does count as a single person, doesn't she?)

Read nothing into my failure to mention John Constantine beyond a certain childish aversion to stating what could be charitably termed "the blindingly obvious".

1) Morpheus

2) John Constantine

3) Spider Jerusalem

I shall now revolt against the system, thumb my nose at Christian and cheat. Come fight me if you like.

4) tie between Batman and Lucifer

OK....tie....asking judges....I'm going to allow ties, just don't overdo it, people!

Actually, if you notice, I wrote "Sandman" not referencing if I meant Morpheus or the "Sandman Mystery Theatre" character, so I sort of cheated also.

1. Spider-Man (Based totally on anything published before the age of McFarlane)

2. Daredevil (Written badly more often than not, but what Frank Miller set down is damn near perfect, and makes me forever fascinated with the character no matter what)

3. John Constantine

4. Adam Warlock (Yeah, yeah, I know...but I'm so in love with the concept and the history of the character. The Christ-like implications and old Starlin tales make me feel he's one of THE most wasted characters in all of comics, and I wish someone would "do" him right again...which would mean more Thanos. More GOOD Thanos. Oh, YES...)

Oh, you've got a fight now, Abhi!

Or, at least you did until Mojo distracted me.....

Mojo, I have that Adam Warlock love! I always loved the Jim Starlin "Warlock" series. I read the Warlock stories he wrote in "Strange Tales" when I was a kid, and they confused the hell out of me. Then, I decided to re-read these "strange" stories of Adam Warlock again when I was older, and figured out what the hell they meant. I fell in love with Starlin's "Warlock". I'm not sure anyone other than Jim Starlin can write Adam Warlock (and Starlin lost his mind or something, didn't he?)!

Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to get anymore good Adam Warlock stories, regardless, any time in the forseeable future, as he was one of those characters who Marvel decided to totally revamp recently. They erased all of the Jim Starlin tales and started over from scratch with him..... :sad:

OK, back to your games!

Where IS Starlin these days?

I read about Warlock in the old Marvel Universe "Book of The Dead," and the description of those old Warlock/Thanos/Magus epics were just incredible. It sounded more epic than anything I knew of at the time, and even still to this day.

Too bad about the Magus' afro, though...yikes.

1) Top Dog

2) Peter Porker/Spider Ham

3) Ambassador Usama Bin Laden

4) Tie between Stilt-Man and Lil' Suzy (recurring protaganist in the Jack Chick Comics)

:tongue:

Is Ambassador Usama from that comic warning us about the dangers of a Liberal world?

Mojo-Starlin usually has falling outs with Marvel every so many years. He was writing the "Thanos" series there and had some falling out with Marvel about it, and that was the last I heard of him. He has trouble getting work at comic companies, although what the reason is (his style, his age, his attitude?) I'm unsure.

From what I've heard, he's a shell of his former self anyway.

Maggie Chascarillo (Love & Rockets)

Ron "Concrete" Lithgow (Concrete)

John Constantine (Hellblazer)

Rorschach (Watchmen)

Horatio "Nexus" Hellpop (Nexus)

Morpheus (The Sandman)

Ray Dominguez (Love & Rockets)

Thorn (Bone)

Bacchus (Eddie Campbell's Bacchus)

the entire cast of 100%

Forgetting Constantine...

1- D.I. Maveryk (Jack Staff)

2- Lucifer, back when he was funny (Lucifer)

3- Lennie (Shade, The Changing Man)

4- Hellboy

5- D.I. Watford, Carey edition (Hellblazer)

In no particular order:

1. John Constantine

2. Kevin Hawkins (A&M required)

3. Abe Sapien

4. The Corinthian (1&2, still the same guy!)

If I say Robin, do I have to put which Robin I mean? Or can I cheat and have Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim Drake as one choice? :p

Tom, I didn't know you like Changeling? Are you a Titans fan or just of him in particular?

Ahhhh! I was THIS close to putting up Doom 2099! That's one of the few series not in trade form that I'll dig out of my longboxes once or twice a year to just enjoy the hell out of.

Warren Ellis' run is just such a joy to read. Doom conquers America...GLORIOUS! Such a shame it was cut off at the knees and cancelled with the rest of the 2099 line.

Well, recent fascination would include John C ...

but Superman! Oh yes. I like the Phantom Stranger... (Although I havent bought any comics of him lately) ... and one more - Wolverine. I do want his powers ....

Tom, I didn't know you like Changeling? Are you a Titans fan or just of him in particular?

Umm, a bit of both. The first 4 years of New Teen Titans was untouchable and Changeling was one of my favourite characters as a kid but I've not read the new series as, by and large, I find Geoff Johns' work somewhat akin to watching paint dry.