Sign in to follow this  
James

Edgar Wright to direct Ant-Man

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3462

IGN Filmforce reports that Marvel Entertainment has already found a director for its Ant-Man project, which falls under the new Paramount deal.

IGN FilmForce has learned that British filmmaker Edgar Wright is poised to direct Ant-Man. Wright apparently plans on making Ant-Man a comedy.

Wright previously directed and co-wrote "Shaun of the Dead".

Hopefully this means he'll start coming up with his own directorial ideas instead of ripping off- er, homaging - scenes from other directors.

Ant Man, well thats damn close to the last Marvel character film I could ever have expected.

Well someone once saw a green jumper clad vampire hunter and decided to do a film about him, so ehh.

Edgar Wright - I liked Spaced, I liked Shaun of the Dead. Hopefully this'll be a decent film. Also, is he turning into a sort of British Kevin Smith?

Ant-Man - I've never even heard of :huh: Can anyone give me a brief run-down of the who, why, when and wherefore?

Everyone dies occasionally in the Marvel Universe. I wouldn't worry about it.

They killed the second one, right? I think the original is still running around as the world's favorite wife-beater, Dr. Hank Pym.

No, no....Hank Pym has reformed and is reunited with his estranged wife. Doesn't everyone remember the scene where Ant Man does a little exploring with his wife?!

It was the 2nd Ant Man (Scott Lang) who died.

Ant Man was introduced way back at the dawn of the Marvel Age of comics (in Tales to Astonish by Stan Lee). He was a scientist with a blonde bimbo for a wife who only cared about men and shopping. He created an incredible shrink gas that turned anyone who huffed it miniture size. Having no idea what the hell to do with this really stupid invention, he decided he would talk to ants and use them to SAVE THE WORLD! His wife also popping pills, decided she would be the Wasp. The Avengers asked them to join out of pity.

Luckily, Pym realized that he could use the forumula in reverse and create one pill that would make him taller. After all, the pills his mother gave him didn't do anything at all.....

In the 1980s, Marvel decided that turn Hank Pym into a crazed wife-beater who ended up in jail.

Other characters stole Pym's formula and we had lots of other "Giant-Men" and Ant-Mans running around the Marvel U.

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=3462

IGN Filmforce reports that Marvel Entertainment has already found a director for its Ant-Man project, which falls under the new Paramount deal.

IGN FilmForce has learned that British filmmaker Edgar Wright is poised to direct Ant-Man. Wright apparently plans on making Ant-Man a comedy.

Wright previously directed and co-wrote "Shaun of the Dead".

Hopefully this means he'll start coming up with his own directorial ideas instead of ripping off- er, homaging - scenes from other directors.

Oh, come now... the homage is the original idea now, isn't it? :)

He was a robot. From the future. With a big gun. Who came back to our time to be a revolutionary.

What's not to love?

It worked for another movie!

I like Deathlok. someone should write a story about somebody stealing the Deathlok robot and trying to fill it's human psyche with that of Frank Castle. Then Deathlok wouldn't be such a pussy.

Still not as bad as the Deathlok movie currently in development.

Deathlok, seriously.

I thought they'd filmed that one already? The first Robocop was a decent enough film.

WHAT!!! An ANT-MAN film?

Oh...it's a comedy, you say?

Okay then.

At least we KNOW it's a joke and we're not surprised as in the case of Daredevil...and Elektra...and the Hulk...and so on and so forth.

No, no....Hank Pym has reformed and is reunited with his estranged wife. Doesn't everyone remember the scene where Ant Man does a little exploring with his wife?!

Yep, Jack of Hearts blew him up in the terrible Avengers Diassembled storyline.

And I don't think Hank and Jan really got back together. He proposed to her again and she declined.

yeah, Ant Man, there's a character just begging to be brought to the silver screen.

Please tell me that is sarcasm. It can be so hard to tell sometimes.

:happy:

The really sad thing is that i believe that anything could be incredible, it's the execution to it.

If the film taps into the whole shrinking man like themes and plays it dark and serious it could be incredible!!!

Yep, Jack of Hearts blew him up in the terrible Avengers Diassembled storyline.

And I don't think Hank and Jan really got back together. He proposed to her again and she declined.

yeah, Ant Man, there's a character just begging to be brought to the silver screen.

Please tell me that is sarcasm. It can be so hard to tell sometimes.

:happy:

I was pretty sure Hank and Jan got back together because of that horrible Avengers story-line from a few years back where they're in a hotel room being stalked by Whirlwind, who is now obsessed with Jan. There's that scene, where Jan is lying naked in bed, and Hank is "ant-sized", dripping wet, and he says something about how nice it feels when Jan makes her wings flutter.....

I'm embarrassed to even discuss the event!!!

Test-Except, this movie already happened about 50 years ago, only without the ants. It was called "The Incredible Shrinking Man".

I'm embarrassed to even discuss the event!!!

Test-Except, this movie already happened about 50 years ago, only without the ants. It was called "The Incredible Shrinking Man".

Thats what I meant with the "whole shrinking man" thing.