A. Heathen

Straight to Hell social for 2005

So we know about Bristol on May 14th & 15th with its highlight being the launch of Just 1 Page 3 ?

But now there are rumours of a new comics convention from the company who have just bought Memorabilia (over-priced events where supporting cast members from Xena and Stargate rub shoulders with Trolls and Dwarves from Lord of the Rings and "that bloke who was the mechanic in Crossroads and is now in Dream Team" (John Forgeham if you are interested).

If they actually want to make a comics event rather than a collectors event it could be good ... especially since they are based in the Midlands.

when exactly is Bristol? I need to put that one clearly on my calender so I can be sure to be there...

EDIT: jesus christ, I must be going blind as you clearly posted the dates in your message.

We went for curry on the Friday, had a gorgeous lamb one myself, lovely! Food on the Saturday was something of a disaster - that's what happens when we venture out into London without Ade to guide us!

Budget wise I'm moving to one England trip a year, as the gigs are so close together it feels like my wallet never gets the chance to recover - plus I'm 29 and meant to be saving for mortgages and the like.

With that in mind, Bristol is a proven commodity and so is pencilled into my calendar for 2005.

Are you really going to be able to make it over Sethos ? With Matt (always ahead of the curve that chap) already promising his presence, it seems like another decent STH gathering could be on the cards. James is going back to school or something but hopefully he'll be able to make it too as it really isn't an official STH event without him.

James is going back to school or something but hopefully he'll be able to make it too as it really isn't an official STH event without him.

Aw, shucks. I'd hate to break an ancient tradition stretching back one whole year. Still, I'll see what I can do. It's all very much dependent on how much money and free time I have in May, so it's far too early to decide yet. I'll go if I can though.

NOTE: Mark, if you're reading this you have to turn up too. Hopefully we'll keep this ball rolling until everyone on the boards can get here at the same time.

I'd bne chuffed if Red could make it as well, since he was a sound guy. I'm not going to stab him in the spine if he eats a peanut though.

I'm damn well gonna try to be there. I have some short trips planned ahead of that all, so I hope my finances will allow it, but it should be ok.

Red and Mark can travel over together - be interesting to see if Mark picks up any kind of accent!

When it comes to the foreign types, we'll make room on the hotel room floor, thus leaving you with the cost of travel/comics/booze and food.

I will be there and hopefully this time I can meet you guys.

Dammit, i will be missing it by a very short period of time. I am graduating from college just that week and was planning to go to the UK right after. Curses. Foiled again. I'll never make it to one of these things......

There is a definite possibility of me coming, especially since two of my friends are actually moving to Bristol this autumn.

And James, you don't have to stab my SPINE, silly, just my bum!:D

Well if both Red and Sethos make it over, the Americans will really be letting the side down by now having some form of presence at the thing!

So let me get this straight (poor choice of words there), Pal wants James to stab his bum?

But only if I eat nuts first. :closedeyes:

No it's more like IF I eat nuts I *need* to have something stuck in my bum.

I try to avoid eating nuts if I can. Sadly, sometimes this is hard.

Oh it is, believe me. My ex-wife could testify to that.

So I bet now you're really DYING to meet me in Bristol, eh?