A. Heathen

Straight to Hell social for 2005

Hmm....and, as McMahon pointed out a while ago, he was unfeasibly nice about my bending his ear about Batman for far longer than anyone should have to put up with, too...

Mike Carey is such a nice guy, i'm sure he'd GIVE you his beer himself... my friend Grifter now thinks that mr. M.C. is too generous (or "a silly naive sap"), because he sent me My faith In Frankie and 2 Lucifer trades. his (not too funny) running gag is that Mike carey would send you one of his children, if you were to ask him nicely enough. (does Mr. Carey have any children at all? umm... just asking, not that i'd need them... :p)

Mike has twin boys and a girl.

He used to have seven children, but gave them away.

Hmm....and, as McMahon pointed out a while ago, he was unfeasibly nice about my bending his ear about Batman for far longer than anyone should have to put up with, too...

In fairness, you're like that with everyone so it's not like Mike was getting special attention.

Enough of this Mike Carey nonsense. Let's talk about Batman...

;)

Mike has twin boys and a girl.

He used to have seven children, but gave them away.

And then he made his name with the critically acclaimed Lucifer.

Hmm, suspicious.

Nah, just the one. The other was a child from an allegedly "up-and-coming" creator. Not much meat on it, though, so I threw it back.

Between the 'children in bags', Mark being a bearded, Batman-obsessed lady and talks of lots of bumming earlier, you really are not encouraging people to come to Bristol!

actually, Keeyah, that means all the right people (read : freaks) will be encouraged to attend...

But, in the immortal words of Richard Thompson, "beware of the bearded lady". You never know when s/he's going to steal the food from right off your plate...

Between the 'children in bags', Mark being a bearded, Batman-obsessed lady and talks of lots of bumming earlier, you really are not encouraging people to come to Bristol!

...said the woman who is "more into spanking" and has a dinosaur fetish...

We throw all that playful malarky around in the vague hope that we'll be able to stop what really happens at these things from getting out.

The thought of grown men sitting in a pub and actually talking about comics is indeed a terrifying one.

Especially when one of them can't stop going on about some shit film.

I need help. :(

...said the woman who is "more into spanking" and has a dinosaur fetish...

Oh yeah, but I don't do that in a pub do I? :biggrin:

We throw all that playful malarky around in the vague hope that we'll be able to stop what really happens at these things from getting out.

In that case, I will be there! (being curious is a terrible thing that can lead to nothing good)

Nah, you're a fox, not a cat, Keeyah, so you're quite safe...:D

That reminds me, John - my people should be in touch with you about that 'business' in a few days. Just leave the bundle of used fivers in the usual place, under the tree in the graveyard...

Actually, Tom's version of events is closer to the truth (err...by virtue of actually being said truth). But not in an entirely unenjoyable way, I feel.

This looks like the official site for the gig in Bristol.

The confirmed guest listing (so far) is -

J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI

HERB TRIMPE

MICHAEL AVON OEMING

DAVID MACK

GARY FRANK

DAVE GIBBONS

MIKE CAREY

MIKE PLOOG

JOHN M. BURNS

BRYAN TALBOT

AL DAVISON

Barring a major catastrophy, I'll be there!

Nice excuse to visit my friends in Bristol as well...

There *may* be DC presence - at least Bob Wayne, but there are people who would like to get someone from Vertigo over (Shelly Bond came over a couple of years ago and Karen Berger two years or so prior to that).

The Hellblazer thing will be a panel discussion, Mike Carey plus Michael Bonner (wrote the secret files, though not the updates in the new version!) and hopefully Sean Phillips (subject to invitation) and Tim Bradstreet (subject to being able to make the trip).

The Mindscape of Alan Moore will be on the SUnday afternoon/evening.