hagren

Batman Begins DVDs

-but maybe somebody doesnt now it already.

That BB was mostly a good film isnt anything new to share. But because of the multiple DVD-Editions maybe its important which weapons to choose- cuz theres the single and double discer available for Region 1, the "normal" 2-discer, the german only Steelbook Edition and the Amazon.de exclusive Steelbook Edition with glow in the dark tattoo (all for Region 2); the normal double discer and the Collector's Edition for the region 4.

But first, lets speak about the specs, because these are the same in all the releases (except of course the single disc one, that has only these features: a mobile game demo and some web links). Courtesy of dvdanswers.com.

So:

The features also which are foundable on the single disc plus

-Genesis of the Bat: Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present documentation

-Featurettes: a Journey Begins: Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting. a Shaping Mind and Body: Fighting Style. Gotham City Rises: Production Design. Cape and Cowl: The New Batsuit featurette. The new Batmobile. Path to Discovery: Filming in Iceland. The Monorail Chase Sequence.

-A Confidential Files Character/Weapons Gallery-

-and finally some Easter Eggs.

Maybe other features too like the 2005 MTV Movie Award spoof (Rumors)

Anamorphic Widescreen, Dolby Digital 5.1.

So whats the difference between those much two discers?

The Region 1 Double Discer, all the Region 2 Steel Book Editions and the Region 4 Collectors Edition have a 72 pages big Comic attached, containing the very first Batman story, a Batman: The Man Who Falls feature on the classic story that inspired the film, and a chilling excerpt entitled Batman: The Long Halloween that also inspired the film.

The Region 4 Collectors Edition has also 4 collectors cards and a soundtrack CD included.

The other differences are obvious, naturally :)

Prices:

Region 1 Single Disc: $ 28.98

Region 1 Double: $ 30.98

Region 2 Double Disc: 22.99 pounds/19,99 euros

Region 2 Steelbook (german only) € 29,99

Region 2 Steelbook with Glow in the Dark tattoo (amazon.de only) : € 24,99

Region 4 Double Disc: $ 39,95 Region 4 Collectors Edition: $ 54,95

Release Dates:

Region 1: 18 Oct. 2005

Region 2: Oct. 14 (Germany/Austria) Oct. 21 (UK) 2005

Region 4: Oct. 19 2005

Artworks (if available- all courtesy of dvdanswers.com):

Region 1 Single Disc:

1f.jpg

Region 1 Two Disc:

1d.jpg

Region 1 Back:

1b.jpg

Region 2 "normal" 2 Disc Ed.:

2n.jpg

Region 2 Steelbook Ed.:

2s.jpg

(i hope someones interested/noticing (in) it or has to say something about it, cuz this was fuckin hard and long work to do this :))

oh and theres the upcoming batman antologhy (you know what that is).

i will post all infos later on. maybe :D :glare:

I'll be getting this. I've been waiting too long for it to come out on DVD.

Does anyone know if the other Batman movies they've put out on DVD come individually, or do you have to buy that whole box set?

Heres all info all of you need about the Batman Anthology/S.E.:

-All films digitally remastered

-Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer

-Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS (! the first Warner discs with that !) track (all only english)

-Price: all four together: 79,92 separatly: 26,99 (uk: 19,99 each)

-Release Dates: US: Okt.18 05 UK: Okt.24 05

Extras (Courtesy of dvdanswers.com):

Batman:

# Audio Commentary with Director Tim Burton

# Legends of the Dark Knight: The History of Batman Documentary

# Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Parts 1, 2 & 3

- The Road to Gotham City

- The Gathering Storm

- The Legend Reborn

# Beyond Batman Documentary Gallery Including:

- Visualizing Gotham: The Production Design of Batman

- Building the Batmobile

- Those Wonderful Toys: The Props and Gadgets of Batman

- Designing the Batsuit

- From Jack to Joker

- Nocturnal Overtures: The Music of Batman

# Batdance, Partyman and Scandalous Music Videos by Prince

# The Heroes and The Villains Profile Galleries

# Batman: The Complete Robin Storyboard Sequence

# On the Set with Bob Kane Featurette

# Batman Theatrical Trailer

Batman Returns:

# Audio Commentary with Director Tim Burton

# The Bat, The Cat and The Penguin Cast Recollections

# Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Part 4

- Entitled "The Dark Side of the Dark Knight"

# Beyond Batman Documentary Gallery featuring:

- Gotham City Revisited: The Production Design of Batman Returns

- Sleek, Sexy and Sinister: The Costumes of Batman Returns

- Making Up the Penguin

- Assembling the Arctic Army

- Bats, Mattes and Dark Nights: The Visual Effects of Batman

# Face to Face Music Video by Siouxsie and the Banshees

# Batman Returns Theatrical Trailer

Batman Forever:

# Audio Commentary with Director Joel Schumacher

# Riddle Me This: Why is Batman Forever?

# Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Part 5

- Entitled Reinventing a Hero

- Out of the Shadows: The Production Design of Batman Forever

- The Many Faces of Gotham City

- Knight Moves: The Stunts of Batman Forever

- Imaging Forever: The Visual Effects of Batman Forever

- Scoring Forever: The Music of Batman Forever

# Kiss From a Rose Music Video by Seal

# Selection of Additional Scenes

# Batman: Forever Theatrical Trailer

Batman & Robin:

# Audio Commentary with Director Joel Schumacher

# Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Part 6

- Entitled Batman Unbound

# Additional Scene: Alfred's Lost Love

- Bigger, Bolder, Brighter: The Production Design of Batman & Robin

- Maximum Overdrive: The Vehicles of Batman & Robin

- Dressed to Thrill: The Costumes of Batman & Robin

- Frozen Freaks and Femme Fatales: The Makeup of Batman & Robin

- Freeze Frame: The Visual Effects of Batman & Robin

# The End is the Beginning is the End Music Video by Smashing Pumpkins

# Foolish Games Music Video by Jewel

# Gotham City Music Video by R. Kelly

# Look Into My Eyes Music Video by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

# Batman & Robin Theatrical Trailer

Covers (Courtey of dvdanswers.com):

Box (for all Regions):

ab.jpg

Film Back and Front-Covers (Region 1):

u1.jpg

u1b.jpg

u2.jpg

u2b.jpg

u3.jpg

u3b.jpg

u4.jpg

u4b.jpg

Mmm, get the first two of that anthology indeed, the last two kinda depress me...

What exactly do you mean by steel book edition? I wanna see The Man Who Falls...

Thank, hagren. Yea, I'm only interested in the first two, too. Batman Forever had some good parts, but not enough for me to actually buy it, and Batman and Robin...well...let's just not talk about that one.

and that steel book edition will only be available in Germany?  :angry:

yepp.

(btw, your signature is brilliant- i love looney tunes! and this episode was also darn great. aw, old memories...)

and that steel book edition will only be available in Germany?  :angry:

yepp.

(btw, your signature is brilliant- i love looney tunes! and this episode was also darn great. aw, old memories...)

Since Constantine (also a Warner Bros release) also was released in The Netherlands in a steelbook edition, I think it's a safe bet certain other [over-used word]ries will get it as well...

well, it was like this on dvdanswers :)

but the steelbook with tatoo is definetly amazon.de exclusive, we will see the others :)

Why would ANYONE want to buy Batman Forever and Batman and Robin? The only good thing to come out of those movies was Seal's "Kiss to a Rose".

Little kids also like eating worms and covering themselves with dirt. Their critical faculties are not to be trusted.

Obviously, they had to put the last two Batfilms out, but I certainly won't be buying them (I'd nominate R.E.M.'s 'Revolution' as an alright-ish thing to come out of Batman & Robin, too), and I doubt they'll do great business generally (although Batman Forever was, bafflingly, among the most commercially-successful films of the '90s, so that one might still have a following out there).

I'd be seriously tempted to rent the Batman & Robin DVD, though, just to hear Schumacher's commentary. I don't think that 90 minutes' worth of "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. What were we thinking?" would be too much to ask for.

I'd be seriously tempted to rent the Batman & Robin DVD, though, just to hear Schumacher's commentary. I don't think that 90 minutes' worth of "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry. What were we thinking?" would be too much to ask for.

hahahahahaha!!!! :biggrin:

well, i didnt say that lil kids are good critics, just that they maybe buy it, for whatever reason, and wb nows that.

or dvd-collectors.

Gotta like those synchronising PAL covers too, and mistake me if Im wrong, but isnt Schumacher a not too bad film maker on the whole, I recall that I did like Falling Down anyway, was his two bat films just a freak accident or were some people expecting them to be good?

But yes, a hugely apologetic commentary would be somewhat entertaining...

well, Schumacher has done some very decent flicks (Lost Boys, Tigerland, Falling Down, Veronica Guerin was quite good too) and some horrible ones (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, 8MM...). when he's good he's pretty good, but when he's bad..

needless to say, I'll be getting Batman, Batman Returns (still probably my favourite of all Bat flicks - I just love the over the top gothic fairy tale nature of the flick. also has a stunning soundtrack by Danny Elfman) and Batman Begins, of course.

i didnt too much like the fist batman. it was dull for me and there were just few scenes i really really liked (eg jokers advert in the tv) but batman begins is a sure buy. and because i saw batman returns ages ago, maybe this as well.

and i liked 8mm altough its also nothing spectacular. but the story isnt bad.

well, Schumacher has done some very decent flicks (Lost Boys, Tigerland, Falling Down, Veronica Guerin was quite good too) and some horrible ones (Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, 8MM...). when he's good he's pretty good, but when he's bad..

needless to say, I'll be getting Batman, Batman Returns (still probably my favourite of all Bat flicks - I just love the over the top gothic fairy tale nature of the flick. also has a stunning soundtrack by Danny Elfman) and Batman Begins, of course.

Ah, but you're leaving out Schumacher's most unforigveable cinematic crime...

6615f.jpg

I CAN FEEL IT BURNING INSIDE ME!!!

Why would ANYONE want to buy Batman Forever and Batman and Robin? The only good thing to come out of those movies was Seal's "Kiss to a Rose".

The entire soundtrack of Batman Forever, for that matter. I loved U2's Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss me Kill Me (shut up, Mark), Michael Hutchence's The Passenger (one of my all time favourite songs, mostly for nostalgic reasons, true). The songs by The Flaming Lips, Massive Attack and Nick Cave werent bad either.

I'm sort of with Hagren on 8MM. It was a guilty pleasure - I quite enjoyed it. Though it contains one of Nicolas Cage's worst ever performances. The grimacing at the titular movie was absolutely painful to see.

Batman Begins shall be bought one day. I dont give a damn about the extras.

I feel a bit guilty about it but I enjoyed Batman Forever. I recognize it as a terrible movie but it was mostly a fun one, nonetheless. Batman and Robin on the other hand. Yes. A sin.

Sethos, I'm with you on the love for Falling Down. No one seems to have heard of that movie.

abhi: im not a u2 fan but i loved the song hmtmkmkm too!

it had a gangsta flair and the video of it was cool to (it was a cartoon, right?).

i also think that they latter two batman films are fun. i enjoyed them as kid. i loved all this stuff. but what i would say to them now, i dont know :biggrin:

The entire soundtrack of Batman Forever, for that matter. I loved U2's Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss me Kill Me (shut up, Mark), Michael Hutchence's The Passenger (one of my all time favourite songs, mostly for nostalgic reasons, true). The songs by The Flaming Lips, Massive Attack and Nick Cave werent bad either.

Fucking fantastic soundtrack! I always get shit from people who spot it on the shelf, to which I can always just reply, "look, LOOK at the songs, bastard!" And they are silenced.

The Massive Attack song especially is worth the album. Another track of theirs with Tracey Thorn from the Protection era, this time a cover of "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game."