sethos

Nicolas Cage is Jor-El?

Nicolas Cage's Super Baby

The Oscar-winning actor and his wife, Alice Kim Cage, welcomed son Kal-el Coppola Cage into the world Monday morning, Cage's publicist, Annett Wolf, confirmed.

"They are healthy and happy and it's quite lovely," Wolf said in a statement.

Cage's new superboy was born in New York City. None of his vital statistics were released...or word on any potential superpowers: The tyke's unusual moniker, Kal-el, is also the birth name of Superman.

poor kid!

It shouldn't be allowed. Your children are not an extension of your own damaged personality!

Well, they usually are. But they shouldn't be.

i also think thats disgusting- your child has to live with the name- until he/she can change it. you have to think about that, not yourself.

Meh...it doesn't actually sound that bad, all things considered. He'll just get called "Cal".

Given that Cage took his surname from Luke Cage, Power Man, though, this could be seen as the ultimate DC/Marvel crossover.

Anyway, it pales in comparison to the ultimate stupid celebrity-spawn name - Penn Jillette's daughter is called "Moxie Crimefighter Jillette". Just run that one around your head for a few minutes.

Sure, she'll be scarred for life (or at least, until she hits 18 and can legally change her name to something like "Susan"), but for me, just knowing that someone exists out there with the name "Moxie Crimefighter" makes the world a slightly happier place.

Nic Cage needs to have his head examined.

Kal-el? Grounds for suing your parents.

DC should sue the bastard.

Or at least issue a cease and desist.

I feel sorry for the next child, Johnny Blaze Cage.

As a normal kid, he wouldve gotten the shit kicked out of him, but as Nic Cage's kid he's prolly going to have a privileged upbringing in some kind of private school and is unlikely to face the kind of vicious mockery (to his face anyway) that other kids would. It still wont be a cakewalk though, the poor bastard.

Can you imagine Nicholas Cage blacking up?

He'd do it, too, if he thought it'd get him an appearance in a comic book movie.

I'm pretty sure he cries himself to sleep every night, thinking of the great Superman movie he's never going to be allowed to star in.

You all mock him as if you would never consider naming any of your potential children John Constantine [surname] Even if you only considered it for a moment... :biggrin:

Actually, when it comes to weird celebrity names for their kids, I think its pretty tame compared to some of the hippy brain damage some parents bestowed upon their kids... :tongue:

I quite like the name but image using it in everyday life.

"Kal-el brush your teeth!"

"Kal-el do your homework!"

At least it will be shortened to Kal which won't be too bad.

Funnily enough...

6. Nic Cage has named his child Kal-el after

Superman, but also named himself after a

superhero, Power Man aka Luke Cage. His

real surname is Coppola.

That's hardly news, though. He's admitted it in interviews many times over the years.

John's right. Must be because I really don't care that much about Nic Cage...

So is he related to the other Coppolas then?

Yes - he's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. That's why he changed his name - he didn't want to be accused of coasting into Hollywood on a wave of nepotism.

As to not knowing that Cage took his name from Power Man - you mean the point near the start of this thread where I said

Given that Cage took his surname from Luke Cage, Power Man

didn't tip you off? For shame.

;)

Still, it could've been worse.

Whizzer Verotik. That's what I'm going to name my first kid.

"Named him after my favourite Golden Age comic character, I did."

Remember when I was related to Nicholas Cage, before I decided to take the Prince route?