JohnMcMahon

The Spoiler Filled Infinite Crisis Thread!

Right in his ear, I'm telling you. He wouldn't like it at all, and that would make me happy.

Hang on, did I just threaten to aurally rape a notable comics writer on a public message board? If I recall correctly, that's got people into trouble in the past.

It's a good job I stopped reading the bat comics a few years ago then.

The more I think about it the more that the Lazarus Pit theory makes sense. For Ras al Ghul would have the resources to have trained and supplied Jason.

No, he was killed by his daughter (not Talia. Another daughter, whose existence had hitherto gone unsuspected).

^Damn! Should've seen it coming!

It was in the "Death & the Maidens" mini-series written by Greg Rucka if you want to hunt it down.

Although, there IS a brilliant issue of Plastic Man featuring Ra's and the most interesting use of the Lazarus Pit i've ever seen...

should i upload that series next?

Hang on, did I just threaten to aurally rape a notable comics writer on a public message board? If I recall correctly, that's got people into trouble in the past.

If nothing else it gives us the right to point and laugh at you for your brief lapse of sanity.

Actually, it didn't get them in trouble, it just got them a guest-star appearance in Mark Millar's comics...

To be fair, I believe I may have contextually implied it.

But then, I really did hate that shitty Batman story he wrote. And I feel that's justification enough.

Honestly. There isn't a court in the land would convict me.

I'm thinking by the time Winick explains it. Nobody will care.

Cuz we have too many factors to question.

How did he go from being a 16 year old corpse to a 26 year old male?

How did he get better fighting skills?

How did he come back from having his brains turned to mush and being turned into burnt toast?

Somebody or something had heal his wounds. Revive his body, and bring back his soul.

He also most likelly has somebody funding him.

[ Spoiler :

The scene of him beating the joker and then just leaving him. Was rather stupid tho. I mean if he goes around killing everybody else without a care in the world. You'd think that the first person he'd kill would be the man responsible for his brutal death. Personally it wouldv been more ironic if Jason had killed the guy the same way he got killed.

]

I will care. Very much so.

We he is getting money from crooks on Gotham, drugs etc.

Someone has to have been training him. As Robin Jason was always a 'just punch them till they are down' kind of guy. Now he has a lot more style.

As for killing the Joker I have not yet read the latest Batman but have heard rumors that Jason may be hiding him somewhere. Like I said just rumors and I thought that Joker was back in Arkham. After the fight with Black Mask?

I will care. Very much so.

We he is getting money from crooks on Gotham, drugs etc.

Someone has to have been training him. As Robin Jason was always a 'just punch them till they are down' kind of guy. Now he has a lot more style.

As for killing the Joker I have not yet read the latest Batman but have heard rumors that Jason may be hiding him somewhere. Like I said just rumors and I thought that Joker was back in Arkham. After the fight with Black Mask?

[ Spoiler :

Actually the Joker is out and about. In IC#1 I think. It showed him killing the Royal Flush gang.

]

Forgot to mention, what did people think of the Day of Vengeance special? Personally, I rather enjoyed it - it's the only time I've actually enjoyed Willingham's work too. Fables I found very flat, but this has pleased me no end, if only by virtue of Detective Chimp :D

I'm actually going to be giving Shadowpact a go when it takes off, at least for a few months, purely on the basis of Day of Vengeance.

I thought DOV was a mess. Much like the other countdown minis that weren't Villains United (which was ace!) but I think that had more to do with the fact that it wasn't so much a story as an editorial edict, much like the Batman stuff really.

I love Fables.

I've found the writing on Fables to be a bit flat, but the basic concepts and stories are strong enough to keep the book entertaining. It's not incredible, but definitely solid stuff, and far better than Day Of Vengeance, which, for all that it had some fun characters, was a bit of a mess, story-wise. I'm pretty much in agreement with Tom W. about the pre-Crisis minis - some of them were well-enough executed, but none (Villains United aside, which was a lot of fun) were really convincing as stories, rather than had-to-happen exercises in editorial dictation. Haven't read the DoV special yet, though.

"Days of Vengeance" had potential, and I'm guessing the only reason it didn't work was because of the editorial edict of "Crisis". Hopefully, the Shadowpact series will give the characters the chance that they didn't get because of being a "Crisis" countdown.

I think everyone is just giving Winick shit because he was Judd from a certain reality show on a certain Music is no longer what we care about T.V. network. I think his writing on Batman has been solid. Somehow I have a feeling that this will play heavily in the end of I.C.. There is a lot of crazy crap going on and just as the most recent post said where the hell is Wally? Where the hell is Bart for that matter? And when the hell did Barry get back, and where has he been? And is it just me or are they bringing the multiverse back in full force or not? WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY IS GOING ON HERE?!!!!!

No, we here on this web-site don't have a problem with Judd Winick because of any outside influence. We, at this web-site, judge our opinion of writers on their WRITING alone.

I personally have no idea who Judd Winick is outside of writing comic books, nor do I really care about his life before, outside, or after comic book writing.

He has never impressed me with his writing, and his writing has been getting more shoddy of late.

I liked Pedro and Me.

And his Green Lantern stuff. I have no strong objectionable feelings towards Batman, and personally am interested in how Jason Todd survived.

The flying techno sphere beside Alexander, is that Solaris?

Please let it be Solaris, because my brain will definitely bleed!

Was it in the Hush storyline, that Bats said that there wasnt enough of robin left m or something to placed into the Lazurus pit-basically that using the lazurus pit to ressurect Jason, was one of the first ideas Bats came up with.

That image of Superboy-Prime looking at his bloodied hands, is actaully quite powerful to me.

Great facial expressions.

Kind of hoped that E2 Superman wasn't merely being manipulated.

Not that i want him simplistically evil, i felt his initial motivations were strong enough.