JohnMcMahon

The Spoiler Filled Infinite Crisis Thread!

I'm sure you do. :) I don't have any strong feelings about the character either way, myself, either pre- or post-resurrection (I do think that he probably worked better dead than he does alive, but a decent story could have changed my mind about that). I do object to shit writing, though, which is what Winnick's given us on Batman.

Besides, I think I can say, without fear of offending you too seriously, that your critical faculties are somewhat ...um...blinkered when it comes to characters wearing Robin costumes. ;)

This Todd shit for real ? If so why the lame ass Superboy Prime angle ? Why niot just toss old Jason into the pit and be done with it ?

There was that blurb in Jeph Loeb's hush arc, about Todd being too much of a mess to place into the pit. Apparently it only works on neat deaths.There may be contradicted by old Ra's history, but hey.

I remember, Ra threatening to reanimate Bat's parents in JLA though.

I believe Superboy Prime did it, could replace "A Wizard Did It" for me from now on.

The artwork is great in the annual---kind of Travis Charest-esque---which made it not a total wash. But yes, I think that's one of the most shittastic (re-)origin stories ever. Now do you see what I said earlier about not liking the Superboy smashing reality angle? It brought us this . . . abomination! *sob* ;)

The Batman Annual. Don't buy it, it's shit.

The Batman Annual. Don't buy it, it's shit.

My inner completist says I should. I'll try and stop him, but even so...

You've not been collecting comics long - it's worth shutting that guy up before he gets a chance to really grab a hold on you.

Appreciated Klarion's appearance.

Almost Half bothered as to why Blue Beatle makes the Lantern's rings scared, must have been Ted fans the lot of them.

Please dont let it be some sort of a blue version of the Lantern's ring.

Not sure about the next issue's showdown vs Superboy Prime.

If any of the Supermen go up against him, it's going to look unfair.

I know he's all omni-evil, but it's still prefix-man vs prefix- boy.

Black Adam needs his own series now, he's so clearly Moore's Bates.

It got to me, and as I said in the "Comics Wot I Read" thread, I never gave a toss about the character. Really well done.

Another cracking issue all-round, really. The Spectre/magic angle still feels a bit unconnected to the main narrative, though - likewise the "Wonder Girl, Animal Man and the Team" off in space, whatever's happened to them. Still, I'm not reading all the tie-in series, so I'm probably missing something.

Pure awesome!

Was that Swamp Things hand in one of the Spectre panels ?

Alex reaching out into our perfect world - brill!

Also "Green Lanterns. Outside." - YES!

Was that Swamp Things hand in one of the Spectre panels ?

I thought that too. I didn't see him in any of the other shots though. Was the Shining Knight in that group as well, or was that some other female squire?

#6 was not very good, until Superboy gave a massive beat down to Superboy Prime. Good ending to the issue I will say.

Did your copy not have the Aztek superheroes then ?

Or Black Adam punching Psycho Pirates face OFF ?!?

Mark, thought they tied the Space Guys back into the main story in this issue, they were there to shoot off Alex's finger!

Did your copy not have the Aztek superheroes then ?

Or Black Adam punching Psycho Pirates face OFF ?!?

The Aztek heroes didn't really do much for me.

Black Adam killing Psyho Pirate was indeed a good scene, well done.

I just forgot. I read it like 1 whole day ago.

Mark, thought they tied the Space Guys back into the main story in this issue, they were there to shoot off Alex's finger!

Fuck, you're right, aren't you? I'd forgotten about that.

Black Adam punching Psycho Pirate's face THROUGH THE BACK OF HIS FUCKING HEAD was awesome. I've been amused by the ludicrous violence in the whole series to date - on the one hand, they seem to be going out of their way to capture the much-vaunted sensawunda of Big Superhero Action Comics, recalibrating their characters as decent, noble folks, while on the other hand, there's been arm-ripping, head-punching, explodey-a-go-go gore in virtually every issue. Weird mix, but it seems to be working so far.

There are still a few loose ends dangling, which I suspect they're never going to get round to doing anything with - what happened to the Joker after his appearance in #1, for example? That appeared to be setting something up, but we haven't seen him since, and I'm not aware of him cropping up in any other IC-related books yet. Perhaps he'll be in the Villains United special - anyone know when that's coming out, if I haven't already missed it?