JohnMcMahon

The Spoiler Filled Infinite Crisis Thread!

the VU special should be coming out next month, and i suspect you're right, that's probably where the Joker will pop up next.

I did like Black Adam giving Psycho Pirate the old Moe Howard treatment, to the extreme. and the Jaunts to the various earths, even though i didn't recognize some of them (i have a feeling they were a lot of elseworld worlds) I did like seeing the "Tangent" Universe again.

Well, the Villains United miniseries was the only one of the Countdown... series to rise above mediocrity, and the same team are going to be doing the 6-issue Secret Six follow-up, which I assume will be spinning out of the VU Special. It's a definite possibility, and I'll definitely be reading it either way. Gail Simone is one of the best writers of pure, unpretentious FUN comics DC has at the moment (everyone should be reading Birds of Prey, for a start), and her name on a book like this is enough to secure my interest.

Was the Shining Knight in that group as well, or was that some other female squire?

No, that was wotsit's daughter/niece/something. The chap with the sword wot runs the inn, anyway. The one whose hand she's taking, if you're talking about the lass I think you are.

Question.

Does Superboy die in #6?

Yes. It sure looks that way. Besides it is also mentioned in the recent Batman/Detective arc and how Robin is dealing with it. Good story so far. You should check it Keeyah. The Dynamic Duo is back.

I'm seriously intrigued by what happened to Superboy-Prime while the Flashes had him imprisoned. Has he killed them? Where'd he get the Monitor's technology from? How long has he been away?

Done right, that could make a seriously great mini. I have my doubts that it will be, though :(

Question.

Does Superboy die in #6?

Yes. It sure looks that way. Besides it is also mentioned in the recent Batman/Detective arc and how Robin is dealing with it. Good story so far. You should check it Keeyah. The Dynamic Duo is back.

In Teen Titans Robin is dealing with it by

trying to clone another Superboy.

Yeah? Well, you live, you learn. I might check it out, in that case.

Keeyah - if you haven't already done so, I'd definitely second Shawn's recommendation of Robinson's 'Face The Face' arc in Detective and Batman. As a story, it's been a little slow so far (I've only read the first two parts, 'cos last week's comics still haven't arrived in Oslo), but it's doing a cracking job of re-establishing Batman and Robin as a proper Dynamic Duo. Tim's had most of the best lines so far, too.

That sounds utterly shit. Is it?

Haven't seen much of it yet. Just Tim in a Bat-like cave under Titan Towers with Superboy's T-shirt in a glass case (like Jason's Robin suit). And a computer announcing that the 96th cloning attempt has failed. I will be much happier if he fails.

Keeyah - if you haven't already done so, I'd definitely second Shawn's recommendation of Robinson's 'Face The Face' arc in Detective and Batman. As a story, it's been a little slow so far (I've only read the first two parts, 'cos last week's comics still haven't arrived in Oslo), but it's doing a cracking job of re-establishing Batman and Robin as a proper Dynamic Duo. Tim's had most of the best lines so far, too.

I am. Thanks to you I starting picking up 'Detective' a while ago. What do you think of Jim Gordan's return?

Now that Willingham is off the 'Robin' title I having starting getting that again. It's going to take me a while to get used to the new Robin uniform.

Batman really likes Green Arrow. He just won't admit it.

I think that everyone feels that way.

I am. Thanks to you I starting picking up 'Detective' a while ago. What do you think of Jim Gordan's return?

Heartily in favour of it. The idea of Gordon retiring was a briefly-interesting one (I enjoyed his appearance as a part-time lecturer during Ed Brubaker's brief stint on Detective Comics), and I liked the way the new Commissioner was written during Greg Rucka's run on Detective Comics and in Gotham Central, but aside from that, they never really managed to make the new status quo work, and Gordon's near-total absence from the books was a large part of that. In the light of that, I can't really argue with the decision to bring him back.

Now that Willingham is off the 'Robin' title I having starting getting that again. It's going to take me a while to get used to the new Robin uniform.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the latest issue of Robin, actually. I've never really enjoyed the book when I've tried it in the past, but this was pretty good (the desperately awkward, contrived opening scene aside). The OYL jump was a good jumping-on point - I think I'm going to keep reading it, for a while at least.

Where is Lex Luthor anyway, I would have liked to see his response to Superboy's death.

His child of sorts.

Did Supes ever find out about Superboy's Luthor DNA?

When the jesus crisis happened last time didn't all the villains team up to face...whoever?

Maybe Luthor will really lead the Villains United against Superboy Prime too.

That sounds utterly shit. Is it?

Haven't seen much of it yet. Just Tim in a Bat-like cave under Titan Towers with Superboy's T-shirt in a glass case (like Jason's Robin suit). And a computer announcing that the 96th cloning attempt has failed. I will be much happier if he fails.

Batman really likes Green Arrow. He just won't admit it.

I think that everyone feels that way.

So, I know Tim is a smart boy and all but is he smart enough to do that? Could Bats be helping?Does he know? Does Superman approve?

I liked the how the Robin book is going right now. Shows Tim as the detective and protege of Batman that he is.