JohnMcMahon

The Spoiler Filled Infinite Crisis Thread!

# 7 was great. Nice wrap up.

A few scenes that did it for me:

- Kal-L and Kal-El taking on Doomsday

- Superboy Prime vs. the GLC

- Batman with a gun to Alex Luther's head after Luther killed (?) Nightwing, "what do you deserve?" Some cold shit. I kind of wish he would have shot him.

- Kal-L and Kal-El giving Superboy Prime his much deserved ass kicking on Mogo, the living planet.

I was dissappointed by Joker's little 2 page appearance. I wish there was more. And it seemed sort of wedged into the story just because someone forgot.

Interesting peeks at some of the heroes coming soon: Batwoman, The Marvel Family: Capt. Marvel (I guess) in a hooded white version of his costume?, Martian Manhunter with a costume that covers him, finally.

There were, of course, a few niggles, but on the whole I was totally (and surprisingly) satisfied by Infinite Crisis. It's not really the sort of comic I generally enjoy, but it was well-executed, hugely entertaining, over-the-top superhero action, which did (for me) a great job of setting up a new incarnation of the DCU which I'm genuinely interested in.

I'm on board for at least the first chunk of 52 (I will, of course, not hesitate to drop it if it's not entertaining me a few issues in) - with the talent involved, and this latest issue of Infinite Crisis as a springboard, I'm anticipating something really fun and interesting.

I may post some more detailed reactions to IC #7 later, but for now, suffice to say that it rocked. In a full-on, foot-on-the-monitor, head-down Spinal Tap manner. And the final scene with Bruce, Clark and Dick at the docks (nice nod to Batman Begins, too) hit me exactly where it was supposed to. I had little tears of geek-joy in the corner of my eye, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Sentimental, and shamelessly manipulative, but no less effective for it.

- Kal-L and Kal-El giving Superboy Prime his much deserved ass kicking on Mogo, the living planet.

Christ I'm a tit! :glare:

That explains it and that (What I presumed was a) stray line from Hal thanking Mogo.

What washed up on the beach, that the kids found?

Mark, what do you think about the continuity tinkering on Batman? (Ie Him bringing his family's killer to Justice).

Batman's re-journey sounds like one of the best ideas that any writer has ever done with him.

Have they continued the story of the Flashs vs Superboy anywhere else?

I know that the story is stronger for the sparse details, but a mini or a maxi would be great.

I mean years...years...fighting one badguy.

Screw a mini or maxi, it's a series in it's own right!

I actually want to thank DC :unsure: for giving us an effin crossover that finally fealt worth it.

I didn't feel like the good lord gipped me at all.

There's a lesson for Marvel there.

That last page IMHO, is what Superhero comics are about!

Mark, what do you think about the continuity tinkering on Batman? (Ie Him bringing his family's killer to Justice).

Batman's re-journey sounds like one of the best ideas that any writer has ever done with him.

That, as I recall, is the way it used to be.

Yep - it's not so much continuity tinkering as it is "fixing" a stupid ret-con from the early '90s. Prior to Crisis on Infinite Earths, Joe Chill was executed by a bunch of gangsters furious that he'd inadvertently created their nemesis (only after killing him did they realise that they could probably have figured out Batman's true identity if they'd kept him alive - I love Silver Age comics). Post-Crisis, Chill was again identified as the killer, and subsequently killed, in the absolutely shit Batman: Year Two.

I'm happy with it that way, to be honest - the ret-conned version, wherein the Waynes' killer was never caught, was apparently brought in because someone in the Bat-editorial department thought that, if his parents' killer had been brought to justice, Bruce no longer had any motive for his war on crime. Which is just retarded. The best resolution to the Joe Chill story, to my mind, is the version used in Batman Begins, and I rather hope they incorporate elements of that into the comics, if they feel that they absolutely must bring it up again. Otherwise, just leave it as the ancient history it deserves to be.

Christ I'm a tit! :glare:

What washed up on the beach, that the kids found?

I think that was the Green Lantern apparatus from the Tangent line of DC comics that come out in the late 90's. I can't be sure, because i didn't read the comics. So i don't know what it does, exactly, but i believe that's what it is.

Edit: found a pic....

Gltan1.jpg

As far as what it means, i don't know.... except that all elseworld stories (and that's what Tangent essentially was) seem to have been given there own "earth" by Luthor Jr and then those were all sucked back into or distroyed when one earth emerged.

It's a shame really because i'm a big fan of the "imaginary story" non-continuity stuff.

Have they continued the story of the Flashs vs Superboy anywhere else?

I know that the story is stronger for the sparse details, but a mini or a maxi would be great.

Nothing I know of covers it. I would imagine more details will come in the new Flash series.

Totally, I believe. According to Dan DiDio's "Crisis Counselling" column at Newsarama, everyone involved remembers the whole thing, unlike the original Crisis.

I'm completely stumped as to what's going to happen in the new Flash series, I remember reading somewhere that they were going to call it "Jay Garrick: The Fastest Man Alive." or something. I was starting to thing that was purposeful misdirection. There's Jay Garrick and another Flash on that final splash page of Crisis #7. I thought Bart would be the new Flash and the speed force would come back somehow.

But then at the end of the latest Outsiders:

the speedster messing up the team is revealed to be be a younger Jay Garrick.

Even more confusing.

Preferably I'd like Wally to bust back into the DCU bringing the Speedforce with him - even if it is returning everything to the status quo.

Anyway. I can't wait to see the new Flash series.

(I think the Martian Manhunter's new costume looks dorky.)

(I think the Martian Manhunter's new costume looks dorky.)

Why is it a costume in the comics anyway?

He's a shapeshifter, he is his costume!

If he gets punched in the cape, he should feel it.

Thus the long cape is really a liability.

I agree that he looks more dorky, but i'm glad he looks a little more Martian now.

Heh. #7 kicked all the right kinds of ass.

In agreement with all the other high-points brought up here, but I was particularly chuffed with Kal-L and Kal-El double-teaming Doomsday. I'm not ashamed to admit that it made me grin and punch the air like a teenage fanboy. On a busy train. :blush:

Morrison's apparently going to be writing the bits of 52 which deal with Animal Man and the other survivors from the space bits of Infinite Crisis.

The Space bits of IC really didn't amount to much did they? really just a bunch of wasted pages if you asked me...

which, of course, you didn't...