JohnMcMahon

Going to London Oct 22-24

The London comiccon is on the 23rd of October 2004, full details are available here.

Myself, Matt, James, Hugh, Ade, Mark, Gordon and Tom will all be floating around over that weekend.

Current plans are as follows -

Thursday : Drinks in some unspecified venue for whoever happens to be around.

Friday : Drinks in The Ship from 6 onwards. Think of this as the official STH gathering, woe betide anyone in and around London who visits this forum and doesn't drop in to at least say hello.

Saturday : Con. It'll be tiny. You'll do it in ten minutes. Grant Morrison is being interviewed by Jonathan Ross, I'm planning on catching Gamesville in the Irish Bar again.

Sunday : Adrian Brown presents the Hellblazer Tour Of London. We did a mini-one last year and I personally had a blast.

Monday : Fly back home.

Sounds like a plan to me...looking forward to meeting all you buggers in the flesh.

It's on, like Donkey Kong.

Do you chaps know about the "Comics Expo" in Bristol on the 6th and 7th of November?

Mike Carey is doing a talk on "Hollywood and Hellblazer".

I can't go 'cos we're on tour, which is a bit of a bummer.

I could not possibly confirm any knowledge of any "Hellblazer Slideshow".

Now I just need someone to film it ...

have the films crew come over from the old forum yet ?

I will be at the Expo on the Friday and Saturday but leaving Bristol on the last train from trancentral which probably arrives back in London at 3am Eternal.

I will be at the Expo on the Friday and Saturday but leaving Bristol on the last train from trancentral which probably arrives back in London at 3am Eternal.

That sheep died for you, you know...

Oh, and the slideshow sounds like a magic idea. Can't help with photography, though, 'cos my camera's in Norway.

Do you chaps know about the "Comics Expo" in Bristol on the 6th and 7th of November?

Yeah, had I heard about it earlier I probably would have gone to that instead of London - no slight, just haven't been to Brighton before.

Next year I'll only have the cash to head to one of the gigs, quite probably Bristol if it goes ahead as there's loads of actual comics and comic-related bits and pieces going on. That and I want to put a good stint in at The Reckless Engineer.

I think there's a new issue of Strangehaven due out at the London yokie this year, which is nice.

Shame I'll miss the alleged Hellblazer Hollywood slideshow, but I'm sure I'll live. Ade, can you take a video camera or something along for the interview?

And did you get my PM back on the old forum?

Next year I'll only have the cash to head to one of the gigs, quite probably Bristol if it goes ahead as there's loads of actual comics and comic-related bits and pieces going on.  That and I want to put a good stint in at The Reckless Engineer.

Hopefully they'll have discovered "tables" by then...

Next year I'll only have the cash to head to one of the gigs, quite probably Bristol if it goes ahead as there's loads of actual comics...

So, any idea what kind of back issue stands there'll be in London? This'll be my last chance to try and dig out any of the issues I'm after for quite a while...

(or, of course, I could just order a load online. But that takes all the fun out of it).

They'd take away from the ambiance James!

Mark, if last year was anything to go by then there won't be that much in the way of back issues. Couple of stores had some back issue bins but the layout of the room....it's quite small so it's cramped all the day and back issue bins were kept down at foot level, meaning you had to crouch down to root through them - not easy to do with 200 people trying to get past you.

Okay since everyone is getting the wrong end of various sticks:

Oct 23rd - London Comics Festival

Oct 24th - Comic mart - for all your back-issue needs; same venue or just across the road.

Nov 6th-7th - Bristol Comics Expo I - with Hellblazer talk by Mike Carey (possible slide show and special extras)

May 14th - Bristol Comics Expo II - basically Comics Festival without Kev Sutherland having to organise it. Mike Allwood (& possibly Dez Skinn) taking over the whole show. Allegedly same weekend as a Xena convention ... cue Ade sat in bar pretending to be Joxer and hoping Callisto turns up.

later that same year:

London - I've been urging Kev to bring it forward to link with The Big Draw which some of you may have seen on TV last weekend.

Brighton - tbc for November.

Mark, if last year was anything to go by then there won't be that much in the way of back issues.  Couple of stores had some back issue bins but the layout of the room....it's quite small so it's cramped all the day and back issue bins were kept down at foot level, meaning you had to crouch down to root through them - not easy to do with 200 people trying to get past you.

Damn, damn, and thrice damn. And blast.

EDIT: Thanks for the clear-up, Ade. That's much better news. I had posted a nasty mean dig at you 'cos I'm mean like that, but I feel all guilty now. ;)

Hey Whats up. I get my net cut off for a fortnight and all you guys move out on me, bunch of bastards. still got space on your floor John?

I think there's a new issue of Strangehaven due out at the London yokie this year, which is nice.

Yeah, it was already announced in the Diamond Previews, and preordered by me. of course, you should still feel free to buy me a signed copy :D

Honestly, though, I hope that he'll be at Bristol next year, when I plan to come over so I can try and get a sketch of Janey stepping out of her slinky black dress from him...

Hey Whats up. I get my net cut off for a fortnight and all you guys move out on me, bunch of bastards.

Good to see you man, thought we'd lost you there. We could well end up with five people in the room at some point but we'll squeeze you all in I'm sure.

Ade, how big is the comic mart ? My want list is quite small at the moment, outside of a few issues of Wildcats3.0 and the second Brit book I'm pretty good.

Which Wildcats 3.0 issues you after John? I only ask 'cos Gosh Comics have some loose and some complete arcs. I'll have a look next Thursday if you want to give me the #'s

Which Wildcats 3.0 issues you after John? I only ask 'cos Gosh Comics have some loose and some complete arcs. I'll have a look next Thursday if you want to give me the #'s

Err...could I beg a favour? If you're going to Gosh next Thu, could you have a quick look for the Walking Dead trade, and/or issues #7-current (#12, I think - right John)? I can even give you the money in advance, or meet you on Friday at lunchtime just down the road to collect. I'd go myself, but I'm not going to be in that part of town for a while, unless I go specially.

Check the date that the picture was posted.

Then try to remember what the mask says.

Too obscure for my own good, I suppose.