JohnMcMahon

Going to London Oct 22-24

You forgot Sunday comic mart thing.

As I may have to play football the tour may not start until 2pm. Is that okay with you all?

Well, I've told them I am not playing, so if people don't mind a two hour break near a decent pub that will be showing the game, we are back on to a one o'clock start at the Royal National.

Last day of term!

Ade, hope you didn't pull out of that game on our account.

James, what's Joe's surname ? What to leave your keys behind reception at the Tavistock. Do you want to meet up at some stage Thursday afternoon ?

Unsurprisingly, Kev has failed to send me on tickets as promised so we'll have to pay at the door Saturday.

I ordered a ticket from the main site last week and it turned up in the post yesterday. I'm going to wander along on Saturday lunchtime and see what's going on. Should be interesting, I've never been to one of these before.

So, I'm still wondering who'll do the damnably important job of providing photographic evidence of this momentuous get-together?

I live vicariously, after all.

James, what's Joe's surname ?  What to leave your keys behind reception at the Tavistock.  Do you want to meet up at some stage Thursday afternoon ?

Joe Humpries.

Joe's getting into London about 12:00 and reckons he'll be at the hotel for 12:30. I'll be in for 12:30 and should be at the hotel at... what, quarter to one? I'll have a word with Joe tonight to try and sort out what exactly is going on and get back to you.

Unsurprisingly, Kev has failed to send me on tickets as promised so we'll have to pay at the door Saturday.

Did you actually fork out for them online or something?

Guest Joe

Hey kids! I'm liking this swanky new messageboard. What time's John coming in and how do i get the keys if i'm first?

Guest Joe
Hey Joe.  Can't check in before 2pm and I'll be in London from 10amish.

Oh bugger. 2 hours to kill. Looks like the pub then. I'll get James to give me your number. London looks big and confusing but I have an A - Z oh yes.

I dunno if your mobile will connect to his number though - I think pay as you go phones don't work (or possibly my phone's just shit).

I'll double-check John's number with him before I send it to you.

Guest Guest
I dunno if your mobile will connect to his number though - I think pay as you go phones don't work (or possibly my phone's just shit).

I'll double-check John's number with him before I send it to you.

Right i think the most sensible thing is just to meet up at the hotel when we get in. I'll just loiter in there lobby. I'm on holiday so time to get in some quality loitering.

I don't know if anyone wants to do the tourist thing when they're in London, I've seen it all myself so amn't adverse to quality loitering in an establishment that sells alcoholic beverages.

Guest Joe

really want to go to the virgin mega store daft as it sounds just 'cos it's bloody huge but asides from that i'm easy.

Yay!

I've just been royally fucked and will be unable to attend.

James, I'm going to give the Tavistock a ring and have the room put in your name.

Seriously? Shit, man, that sucks. You able to let us know why?

Ah, for fuck's sakes.

I guess it would be too obvious to pull a sickie?

And bearing in mind that I have no idea what's happening or with whom, there could be problems...

John, do I owe you anything for the hotel or whatever?

It's not something I can duck out on, folks have fucked up pretty spectacularly.

I posted the arrangements there yesterday, here we go, pretty straight forward -

Thursday : The Friend At Hand (4 Herbrand St, London, WC1N 1HX) from 6pm.

Friday : The Ship (Wardour Street / Flaxman Court) from 6pm.

Saturday : Con, Irish Bar & Chinese.

Sunday : Ade's tour at some point and curry afterwards.

Anyone need my number?

And can anyone remember the URL of that thing that gives you directions to places if you type in two postcodes?

What do you call a friend who waives his outrageous consultancy fees in order to facilitate your four day booze trip to London ?

Finian!

Game back on, so Londonites can sleep easy - James will not be trying to navigate your precious city on his lonesome.

James/Joe, see you in the lobby around 1ish so we can check in.

Edit : The bad news James is that you guys will have to pay for your board now.