JohnMcMahon

Going to London Oct 22-24

You mean when we get there? Shouldn't be a problem.

So... I can't remember what I'm supposed to be bringing - The Shield, those CDs that I burned... anything else?

That's it I think. There's no rush on the cash, at some point over the weekend will be grand.

I'll be knackered due to my foolishly booking an early flight so I might crash out for a while or just linger at the bar for a lunch time pint or two.

Yourself and Joe should feel no obligation to follow suit!

Magic darts. I've been recuperating from 'flu, but I'm feeling much better now (that's the upside of having a metabolism like the fires of hell - sure, I'm alarmingly skinny and have to eat like a horse, but I also recover from illnesses stupidly fast). See you all in the pub tomorrow.

I'm going to wander along on Saturday lunchtime and see what's going on. Should be interesting, I've never been to one of these before.

I missed this earlier, you should come out for dinner with us Saturday night.

Thanks, sorry but I've got family stuff later on in the afternoon. My work is a couple of tube stops away from Russell Square and I'm going in early on Saturday (about 7am), working till about 12, then I'll go along for a couple of hours. I have to be somewhere else by 4. Maybe I'll bump into you.

Anyone wishing to get up for 9.30 on saturday morning for the purposes of unloading comic boxes will be looked up favourably. etc.

I can probably manage that, hangover pending...I'll have a word with you this evening.

Anyone wishing to get up for 9.30 on saturday morning for the purposes of unloading comic boxes will be looked up favourably. etc.

Saturday morning - as in a.m.????

I'd love to say yes Ade, but unfortunately I'll be busy. Sleeping.

Slacker, Ade, singular...Tom offered a reasonable excuse, and I've said I'll help. Mind you, you haven't seen me early in the morning. It's not a pretty sight.

Friday evening in The Ship - might be a wee bit late there. My boss just reminded me I've got a meeting in the afternoon (bah! no pub at lunchtime then), and it might overrun.

Not likely, but possibly late.

i can't wait for more of the Demon John McMahon pictures...

and James will most likely find a new toy victim to shout with...

*gets all misty-eyed*

Have fun you guys!

I'm envious of the fun you'll have and am plotting a way to get to Bristol next year.

Knowing your fear of flying, duchess, I suspect it'll have to be by boat ;).

I have just discovered that Cardiff City are away to Millwall tomorrow and I am travelling to London by bus.

Joy.

Oh, you lucky, lucky man. That's going to be fun...

Indeed. That's the synchronicity highway *spit* for you.

Can anyone who went and is registered at Delphi, please cast your vote here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/messag...oki&msg=12143.1

As I've said, from behind our table the event was fun and financially reasonable (although I did not sell enough copies of Just 1 Page, the table paid for itself)

The Hellblazer get together was as good as expect (Yesterday we went to the Worlds End and then I left them drinking in Shepherds Market - near the fictional Tate Club and the fictional Scrape Gillis's shop, but because of rain we did not go East.)

Hello, Hello

Said It's Good To Be Back

It's Good To....

...actually no, wait, it isn't!

I got into London about a half-hour late and was then stopped by customs. After being taken to a little room I was quizzed on my chosen profession for five minutes while my passport was being checked. I was sent on my merry way without having my bags even glanced at.

The hotel (as chosen by the regretably absent Matt, you were missed man) made an immediate good impression by letting me check in early so I could enjoy a much needed shower. That they first wanted to give me a double and one single bed and not three singles was a little worrying. Location wise it was perfect - two minutes walk from the con hotel and really easy to find, the room itself however was akin to a sauna most of the time.

James and Joe arrived into the hotel bar at 1...we left around 4ish, several Guinnesses the worse for wear and, eager to consume some much needed food, we set up shop in the Friend At Hand. Recommended by Ade, it's a really nice little pub though their tendency to hire young staff backfired on our second visit there the following day - the barman was drunk and pulling awful pints.

Mark joined us at sixish and took to the task of getting as drunk as us with some considerable gusto. Unsurprisingly, he's a nice bloke in the flesh though his tendency to wear sandles (in the middle of London. In October) might explain why he's dying with a cold! Mark would be with myself, James and Joe for the vast majority of the weekend and played a vital role in throwing us onto the right tube last night. For that sir, I salute you!

Friday night in The Ship was our biggest turn out - myself, James, Joe, Mark, Ade, Hugh and Mike. Hugh put us all to shame, arriving in a sharp as shit suit that made him look like a lethal assassin! You'll see what I mean when Ade uploads his pictures. There were naked faeries and curry. As great as it was to meet anyone, it was really cool to get to spend a decent chunk of time with Hugh who had to rush off early last year.

Saturday was the con. I think it's fair to say that myself, James and Joe were all pretty wiped come that morning. As we stumbled zombie-like into the con-hotel we shot a brief hello to Ade (who was standing outside talking to people...Ade is never alone...EVER) who, in turn, threw a Welsh man at us. Tom endearer himself to me immediatly by somehow getting us into the bar and drinking 45 seconds after meeting, despite the fact that he doesn't drink himself. Mark joined us a little later and we enjoyed a breakfast of pints, fried eggs and waffle.

Two hours later we decided we should go check out the con.

Five mintues after that, we had.

In fairness, the pitching sessions were as good as their predecessors - if only for the shocked look on Tom's face when some big haired freak pitched his racist sex comic! Moving swiftly along, after that we went for a quick pint and then returned for the Grant Morrison interview....which never happened. Grant no-showed.

Oh, met Tim Seelig on the way for the aforementioned pint. Suffice is to say that it's very much deserved. He was as charming as ever too.

More to come, probably tomorrow.

Tom, I feel a little guilty cause you travelled so far and we were all pretty washed out, next time I'll make sure you get Actually-Awake John! Sethos, no new Strangehaven - which was disappointing.