JohnMcMahon

Going to London Oct 22-24

That site's been having bandwidth problems for a while now - another in a long list of silly hiccups on Kev's behalf. It really doesn't cost much to buy a site with decent transfer rates. Kev's staying involved in a presenter/consultancy type role while other folks take over Bristol.

Going back to the Morrison thing, it bugs me that he knew it was cancelled 24 hours beforehand but doesn't seem to have made any effort to let folks know - there as a big table in the foyer with programs stacked high on it, a post on same stating that the interview was off would've been nice.

Personally, I didn't even want to go and watch the thing and I'm not arsed about losing a tenner but I know that Joe, Tom and some others were.

There were posters on the door and photocopies notes on the admissions desk at the start of the event. He did not announce it to the exhibitor's hall, however.

Although you were late due to some sort of "lie in" and someone had obviously taken down the announcements, it is still an example of Kev's lackadaisical attitude that there were not sufficient notes for everyone to be informed, or a more prominent announcement.

That's the first time I've ever apologised to someone for buying them a drink.

OUCH! funny quote, but shame if it's remotely true...

i'm SURE there's a dirty joke that starts exactly like that...

i'vwe drank many a bad brew in my life, alas, so i can understand the plight of those good men who scarificed their dignity out of respect to the chap who bought the rounds...

Well done for finding issue 27. I hope I it's as good as I hyped it to be.

Yes, I like it very much. The pictures are very finely drawn and I felt very subdued and thoughtful at the end.

The funny thing is that I started reading Fear and Loathing afterwards and completely ruined my thoughtful mood because I was soon feeling extremely sick!!

OUCH! funny quote, but shame if it's remotely true...

It is - Tom stuck the pint in front of me with a heartfelt "sorry".

Guinness is a pretty easy pint to fuck up at the pulling stage.

But how does one do that? American beer just comes out of some sort of tap, out of a pressurized keg or something similar. It doesn't seem very easy to screw up.

Now I want Guinnes. Add that to the alcohol thread and you're all to blame if you see me in the gutter in a few years' time

Smiley faces are cool. Shamrocks should be only for tourists in Oirish bars.

The barmaid at my local used to put an "H" on mine. She was a nice person.

Smiley faces are cool. Shamrocks should be only for tourists in Oirish bars.

You're half right - both are meant purely for the amuesement of tourists. I think James was harking back to the barman in the Reckless Engineer who put smiley faces and shamrocks on our pints.

There's little better than enjoying a pint in your local - it's little things like the H you mention which make it such a good experience.

Yes, I'm aware we're totally off-top now but it's my forum :icon_2gun:

As I said in the other thread, it was great fun meeting you all. And I didn't pay for the Morrison thing/comedy shambles anyway...just got a basic ticket and sat in the hall, looking like I was supposed to be there. It seemed to work.

And there's nothing wrong with my taste in sandals. Honestly. Can't believe we forgot to ask Mike about trades for his HB run, mind...although in my defence, I was drunk, or at least rapidly heading that way. You forget that I got to the pub about 2 hours before you, and spent most of them time drinking and wondering where the hell you all were, in pretty equal measure.

In fairness we only got to The Ship about 20 minutes late! Looking back, given that you got there early, you really should have staked out tables and/or seating for us.

Wasn't slagging off your taste in sandles, just suggesting that walking through a cold, wet city in them is only likely to lead to a terrible cold.

Anyway, glad to see that you can check in despite being out of work - was starting to think that we'd never see you again man.

It's NEVER too early for Christmas jumpers.

Starting from the left and working back in that picture - James, Mark, Mike, Hugh, Ade, Me and Joe.

Ade, do you have a shot of you in that FUCKING AWESOME t-shirt you were wearing Sunday ?