Hmpf

The webcomics thread

I'll second the Oglaf recommendation, I visit it weekly. One of my faves :

wolf-540x423.jpg

Other current favorites are Romantically Apocalyptic, which is Fallout meets Nextwave :

romantically_apocalyptic_13_by_alexiuss-d2j63s5.jpg

Stickcitycomics :

216077_10150221783461427_672421426_8922418_8195376_n.jpg

Hipster Hitler :

1_ironicinvasion.jpg

SMBC :

20110423.gif

Also I enjoy the the ususal suspects : xkcd, cyanide and happiness, The (cancelled) Perry Bible Fellowship, Sinfest, ctrl+alt+del, Penny Arcade...

Tthat is just silly. He is a flight officer in the RAF for goodness sake.

There is just no way he would mistake a ninja on a dinosaur for an orc on a dinosaur!.

To those who didn't/won't

Marvel released a comic book shortly after 9/11 that depicted Magneto, Kingpin and Doom at ground zero, in mourning. Doom was crying.

Also I enjoy the the ususal suspects : xkcd, cyanide and happiness, The (cancelled) Perry Bible Fellowship, Sinfest, ctrl+alt+del, Penny Arcade...

That SMBC is awesoem.

From Penny Arcade, there is a videogame.

Ah, WulfMorgenthaler. It's hit-and-miss, but when they're funny, they're very funny indeed.

I find that they work a lot better in the original Danish, quite a lot of the time - the English translations aren't always particularly great, which is a bit of a shame. The jokes are still intact, but less well-phrased than they could be.

http://wulffmorgenthaler.com/strip/2008/12/10/

We have this demented backbird singing its guts out in my neighbourhood at the moment, starts before the light every morning, and is as loud as a foghorn,reminds me of the Mark Twain comment on our rabbit problem.

"In New Zealand the rabbit plague began at Bluff," he wrote in his account of his tour of NZ.

"The man who introduced the rabbit there was banqueted and lauded; but they would hang him, now, if they could get him."

What is the photo you are using Mark?, not you are 15 is it?. :)

What is the photo you are using Mark?, not you are 15 is it?. :)

Heh - no, that's not me. It's Whizzkid, a character from a rather splendid Doctor Who story called The Greatest Show In The Galaxy which I remember from my youth. A somewhat mean-spirited but sadly accurate parody of a particular type of Who fan - it seemed faintly appropriate.

"Well yes, of course ... I've got all sorts of souvenirs. Copies of all the advertising satellites that have ever been sent out. All the posters. I had a long correspondence with one of the founder members too, soon after it started. Although I never got to see the early days, I know it's not as good as it used to be but I'm still terribly interested."

It's from a rap song. Which says repeatedly, 'whooo let the dooogs oout WHO WHO WHOO'.

psUHs.png