Hmpf

The webcomics thread

Yes, it has its own thread I think Akhira. I sort of read it, don't really get much of a thrill out of its plot though.

I went to check up on "Jesus Christ : In the name of the Gun" and google warned me the site is now home to malware. Just a warning.

I just read the archives of that. I love how the visual style works with the juvenile gags. It was a Mighty Boosh kind of thing where I kept reading, going "I don't think this is funny, but I need to make sure it's not funny by reading the whole thing" and then it started cracking me up.

http://www.oglaf.com/wolf/1/

I am worried that somehow no one noticed my posting this guys massively insane and funny work before.

Wow. That's filthy but incredibly beautifully done. The writing is sharp and the art is top-notch — check out the body language of the falcon and the cat; the way skin bunches up on certain body parts under certain conditions (ahem ahem); the perspective, anatomy, etc. Thanks for the link.

EDIT: It turns out the artist is a well known Australian cartoonist, and I didn't recognise this as her work. :blush:

Brilliant. :hattip:

Edited by JasonT

Hark! A Vagrant is possibly my favourite webcomic out there at the moment. Beaton cracks me up.

Very talented person isn't she. Something about the cute, shy slant she has on events really resonats with my funny bone.

http://www.oglaf.com/blank-page/1/

This one reminds me of the start of "Consolations of Philosophy" by Boethius, where his new muse chases off the whimpy old muses she names, and shames.

"Who," she demanded, her piercing eyes alight with fires, "has allowed these hysterical sluts to approach this sick man's bedside?"