Sign in to follow this  
andy

Hellboy Animated Television Show

helltoon.jpg

Supposedly a series of Hellboy 'toon will show up on Cartoon Network next Oct. More Here.

Plus I hear there's going to be a live action Blade TV series as well.

This just reminds me how great a Hellblazer 'toon could be. Or even a Moore-inspired Swamp Thing cartoon series with Constantine in it could be.

Oh man, give it to us now! Cant possibly wait that long...

mmm, art style kinda reminds of Samurai Jack for some reason :happy:

Fuck the Blade thing. That's going to suck (no pun intended).

But Hellboy? Yes please! Hope they don't fuck it all up.

Cartoon Network has been turning out some decent shows lately so I'm looking forward to this. Not so sure about Blade, but am looking forward to the Highlander anime.

Cartoon Network has been turning out some decent shows lately so I'm looking forward to this.  Not so sure about Blade, but am looking forward to the Highlander anime.

Highlander anime? Is this about Duncan? or that other cartoon were the Highlander was suposedly the "chosen One".

If Andrian Paul doesnt do the voice for the Main character. Then this will be a flop. And if there isnt any be-headings.

Gotta hand it to whomever is in charge of marketing Hellboy. For a comic that's not a huge seller, they've made all the right moves so far.

Cartoon Network has been turning out some decent shows lately so I'm looking forward to this.  Not so sure about Blade, but am looking forward to the Highlander anime.

Eh ? Interesting please tell me more about this Highlander Anime .

Coming Soon/Superhero Hype has a link up to the official Hellboy cartoon blog, which seems to be more proof that Andy is right and these people know how to market the product.

Also, speaking of marketing, apparently both the WB and the Smallville head honchos believe they can make an Aquaman spin-off work. Sometimes people's vision really does exceed their grasp. (Further details at comingsoon and cinecsape.com.)

Urgh, Aquaman was hideous. He looked like he was made out of cinderblocks. :(

aquaman-6.jpg

Lana, on the other hand...

Ewww no!

The film was bad, very very silly indeed, ive never seen such an anti-hero wannabe in my life |:

Well g'luck with the cartoons, I believe Ive had enough with any superhero cartoon not done by bruce timm. Hmm I'll give this show a chance though.

Hellboy director Guillermo del Toro posted an update on the sequel on DelToroFilms.com yesterday:

Mike and I wrote the screen story together and I wrote the script. But it is NOT based on anything yet published but Mike felt it had a lot of elements he has been keen to explore in the future of HB.

HBII: THE GOLDEN ARMY is currently being "put together" financially by Larry Gordon et al-

HBII is still my number one priority and no one is contemplating my "stepping down" just yet. It is highly unlikely -albeit possible- that it would happen but that would require a series of unfortunate finacial, logistic, personal events that seem remote at best. More likely than not, if the project were to stall I would still be attached as writer/director.

The timing for HBII seems right, what with the anime, game, comic book series, toys, etc. I believe that HB and the BPRD are -more than ever- in the public´s mind. One bit of good news or all Abe fans. Abe has a really dramatic role in this new story...

From what i have seen of the artwork for the HB toon show it looks like its made for a pre-school audience....it just looks wrong :mad:

This looks interesting.

An HB cartoon would suck though, unless it was some kind of for-adults HBO-style thing. I could not stand a kiddied-down Hellblazer. Or even one for 'young adults'. Doesnt compute.