rorschach

Favorite Hellblazer Quotes

yeah.

CLASSIC!

i owe you one - want me to post anything for you...?

feh, and i gave you a perfect setup to pull a vintage John Constantine-style "Let's just say you owe me one, mate..."

feh, and i gave you a perfect setup to pull a vintage John Constantine-style "Let's just say you owe me one, mate..."

In shorthand, a 68.

He knobs you off, and you owe him one.

:p

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

'bad tigger, git back in your box'

I'll be fucked, didn't notice... I blame it on lack of sleep.

Issue #33 - I liked this exchanged at the end between an unnamed character and John.

Guy: You are a rider of the storm -- one who turns his coat at will; who is not trapped by the ignorance of possibility? One who keeps the codes and passwords and the nerve to cross the secret borders as he chooses?

John: I hope so, yes.

Guy: I hope so, too, John Constantine -- because this game is dangerous if you are not.

I've got a Constantine Quote I wanted to share. This one comes from Green Lantern #81. During Hal Jordan's funeral Constanine sits next to Swamp Thing in one of the church pews. He lights up his Ciggarrete and says to Swamp Thing:

John: "So what're you doing here?

Swamp Thing: "I was invited, and you Constantine?"

John: "Nah, just came to see the show."

For the rest of this issue all the iconic heroes of the DC universe walk up to the podium and give heartfelt speeches about the late Hal Jordan, Constantine is seen in the background looking bored out of his mind throughout the entire service.

I found his cameo highly amusing.

Swamp Thing 51

"How do you baffle a vegetable?"

That's a classic.

As for quotes by other hellblazer characters, Clarice's dry wit usually amuses me.

For example, from 177:

Watch yourself, John. Don't go dying on us again.

It never has as much impact the second time around.

I think I already mentioned it in this thread (don't remember), but I love some of those quotes by John during Delano's run, especially in "The Boogeymen" issue.

I didn't know John was in that issue of "Green Lantern"! Why is it not listed on the Official John Constantine Appearance Index?!

i have that issue in paper form.

yeah, i'm a Hal Jordan freak.

I'm paraphrasing, so bear with me here, but:

"Sometimes, this is just the way things end. No last twists of the tail; no hand jutting out of the ground to grope your ankle; no funny-looking bastard hopping out of the woodwork to laugh like Orson Welles and proclaim 'Well, Mr. Constantine, you may think you've one, but actually, your left testicle is now in possession of Azathoth, Demon-King of dodgy pension policies...'" - Haunted Part 6

"My name's John Constantine, and here I stay, haunted by London....and London, haunted by me." - Haunted, Part 6

Three guess as to which TPB I own.

Three guess as to which TPB I own.

Dangerous Habits? ;)

Welcome to the boards - it's nice to have a smiling face around here.

Would a Mexican or Argentine translation be easier to read?

Probablemente... Esos pinches gachupines hablan muy extraño... Y todo su slang es diferente. Pero al mismo tiempo a los Chilenos no se les entiende en España... huevones.

¿Quién habla extraño, eh? ¡A que te mato! :icon_sam: :D

Hey Hilde, if you have problems with the spaniard spanish, just ask! I didn't know that Hellblazer had the same translation over there!

One of my favourite quotes: the last words John (Crowley) Constantine says to John Constantine after giving him a condom. It reminded me to the vamp in Preacher, as if the 'irish/Ennis' part of John would go to hell... Something like this:

John- What the hell I make with this?

John from Hell- 'If you don't know yet...' He he he he

Guest Guest

HellBlazer no. 147 "Hard Time"

Johnny boy saying after the argument with Muslim prisoners...

"Say! Do me a favor, luv. While You're conversing with Allah you tell 'im I don't fancy being whispered 'bout behind my back."

couldn't stop laughing...

i like this one the best from what i know:

"chas, is this melosas car?"

"yeah, why?"

"because otherwise the tampons in the glove compartment would need some explanation..."

or:

"i want something fresher...better...less soiled..."

erroljr..where are you from?? Argentina?

Funnily enough that's my least favourite, St Apathy.

Even though there were some dreadful bits of dialogue in Brian Azzarello's attempts to better Dick Van Dyke (and mostly he hit the pony on the noggin).

"You people need to fucking well get over yourselves" is my current fave.

Yours, mine, and plenty of other people's, Ade. Not just bad, but totally out-of-character to boot.

From Carey's run, I must admit that "I swallowed some razor blades for a bet, and it all went horribly wrong" still raises a smile.