hagren

New V for Vendetta Posters

An uncompromising vision of the future from the creators of The Matrix Trilogy

That makes me want to hurt them, it really really does.

As an adjunct it further strengthens my conviction that if I ever see this film I'll walk calmly into the path of a truck on leaving the cinema.

i dont think that the wachowskis had much to do with it but i check imdb.

i think that they stuck that thing onto the posters because they thaught matrixophiles will see it because of that quote, like almost every lotr-fan wants to see king kong, because its pj.

but it is a mistake, i think too.

edit: fuck, the wachowskis wrote the entire script, not just a part like i thought.

but im still interested in the film, i kinda liked the trailer, hugo weavings voice really suits v, and it doesnt look bad. altough i dont know about the rd colors, the sign and the guy speaking in public plus the soldiers marching. but maybe i just have to read it again, i didnt understand the half of it :)

very good comic, very artisitc, intellectual and massive.

the second new poster on mtv. com (if its not working, or just too small for you, visit mtv.com ;))

150x200.jpg

the third new poster on ign.com:

v-for-vendetta-20051116013922669.jpg

if nots working, the link: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/667/667142p1.html

the last new poster isnt online yet, it should be appearing on ugo.net, but it hasnt.

Some interesting visuals (I quite like the reminscent-of-but-not-exactly-copied-from-the-visual-tone-of-the-book style), but "Freedom! Forever!" is a really fucking shit tagline for a story as morally ambiguous as V For Vendetta. It just lends slightly more weight to my suspicion that they're not going to have the nerve to retain much of the all-important "are V's actions justified, or is he really just a big murdering terrorist bastard?" subtext of the book. It'd be pretty easy to turn him into an unambiguously heroic, freedom-fighter figure, but in terms of capturing the essence of the book, it'd be a major mistake.

That's some nice posterage. I love the mood they set. I was a bit freaked on watching the trailer to hear "From the creators of the Matrix trilogy", especially as I had no idea they were doing it. But I'll go see it anyway, I don't discount the possibility that they COULD make a good film.

I don't discount the possibility that they COULD make a good film.

They did, once. It's called Bound, and it has lesbians.

haha :)

like i said, i also didnt like that tagline, the former one was also not perfect, but much more "intellectual". the posters are looking great (my fav is the mtv one), but i dont know why evey is on every one.

i liked the trailer, mostly because it seems like a fun and cool looking film, but im maybe also freaking out if the conclusion of the film changes, because that v comic is a very important and very deep piece of work.

the animatrix and the first matrix film where okay from the wachowskis, but its stupid that they wrote that on every ad it has, because there are maybe matrix-trilogy fans, but there arem nay who arent.

Those posters are the dog's bollocks. I really really like their use of 1930s aesthetics, understandably associated with totalitarianism. Brave choice.

But yes, "Freedom! Forever" is a shit tagline. Unless it's meant ironically. That is, if it in the film is the government's slogan.

I'm deeply suspicious of those ranks and ranks of people dressed up as V. I heard something about something along those lines being in the film, and I am certain beyond certain that it will be Very Very Bad.

Eh, who am I kidding, the film's going to suck, I'm going to see it anyway, then I'm going to know it sucks, and then I'm going to go and find Alan Moore and shake him vigorously until he agrees to stop letting people make terrible films out of his work. And then shake him some more until he agrees to make a film himself, preferably of Top 10 or Promethea. And then give him one final shake, just to see what falls out of his beard.

I'm going to go and find Alan Moore and shake him vigorously until he agrees to stop letting people make terrible films out of his work.

He doesn't have much say in the matter, to be honest - the vast majority of his work isn't creator-owned, so the parent company can do what they want with it.

He doesn't have much say in the matter, to be honest - the vast majority of his work isn't creator-owned, so the parent company can do what they want with it.

But he's magic. Or possibly magick.

He could so hex the crap out of DC until they stop dry-raping his art...

LOVE these posters. I don't know if they're going for some kind of Soviet propaganda poster aesthetic, but whatever it is, THEY BE LOVELY

It just lends slightly more weight to my suspicion that they're not going to have the nerve to retain much of the all-important "are V's actions justified, or is he really just a big murdering terrorist bastard?" subtext of the book.

To be honest, that subtext was barely in the book at all - Moore clearly stacked the deck in V's favour, since EVERY character V kills is either EEEEEEEEVIL (ie: pretty much every single party member) or actually wants to die (in the case of that doctor). He even declines to show the inevitable rape and murder of the ordinary man that would surely happen in a rioting city, and doesn't mention if any innocent caretakers or security staff died in the Parliament/Bailey bombings.

The only indefensibly nasty thing he does is turn Rose into a killer and let her be captured by Susan's troops.

To be honest, that subtext was barely in the book at all - Moore clearly stacked the deck in V's favour, since EVERY character V kills is either EEEEEEEEVIL (ie: pretty much every single party member) or actually wants to die (in the case of that doctor). He even declines to show the inevitable rape and murder of the ordinary man that would surely happen in a rioting city, and doesn't mention if any innocent caretakers or security staff died in the Parliament/Bailey bombings.

The only indefensibly nasty thing he does is turn Rose into a killer and let her be captured by Susan's troops.

Hmph, is it too much to take it as read that everybody's read V For Vendetta? And that if they haven't, they're great big poofs?

Anyway, I think it's a rather larger question than just what's presented in the narrative. One needs to ask whether V really ought to be doing what he's doing at all - after all, Britain's fallen on some very tough times by the time the story takes place, and the party are unquestionably keeping total anarchy at bay with their regime. We should also, I think, wonder whether V's motives are genuinely pure, or whether he is solely out for personal revenge on those who ruined his life.

When it comes down to it, has he not brainwashed Evey as thoroughly as the party has Britain?