hagren

New V for Vendetta Posters

Guest spiderlegs

Hagren, I'm barely online. Some of these folks here are likeminded as me and I give you their reasons as my own, if someone would please put them into words(?)...

really dont want to offend you or anything, im just curious :)

dont want to show you or myelf as dumb.

i read it also, and the things i didnt remember from the comics were:

the sign and red flags of the "heads".

military marching up

police dressed up in standard police-uniforms checking houses, little girl wakes up.

"boss" speaking on screen for the citizens.

maybe there was more, but there were scenes, what were maybe just for little time seen (not just), from the book or just very well shown/made.

so the only real problem is that it looks more modern like in the comic, and its looking more like communism than fascism.

but who knows, maybe its still good or at least fun.

the next thing i do is to read the comic again and then watching the trailer until i chopped it to every faithful to comic and not fttc piece, so i can be more detailed and educated :)

Guest spiderlegs

I saw a special about it. It was like a 15 minute infomercial like the Best Buy Keanusteen deal they released before that film's release. It was TOO MUCH Natalie Portman (which I never thought would be a BAD thing). It was mainly culled from most of the stuff we've seen. No new scenes, really, just more about the story and how much they've changed it.

Hagren, I don't think you're dumb at all, for the record.

Guest spiderlegs

There might be a link to it here. I could have sworn I have seen some of the footage. It had alot of Portman talking about the film, some Waschowski Bros. commenting. I think it was made prior to the delaying of the opening. I'll see when its on again. Oddly, it came on very late on the Cartoon Network or something (a cable network). It was a few weeks ago before we moved (again!).

It just left me feeling flat. I'll see if I can locate an online version and post it here.

theres a very interesting section on the off. v site at wb, with a guy fawkes section. has this guy really existed? and what has that to do exactly with v?

edit: the hangman section is also very interesting, you have to find out who said the added quote, and after that much information apperas onscreen about that historical person. i like intelligent gaming.

edit: the whole site is cool. some very good looking or informative stuff.

theres a very interesting section on the off. v site at wb, with a guy fawkes section. has this guy really existed? and what has that to do exactly with v?

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November. This should fill in some of the blanks. Do Britons still celebrate this holiday or is it just one of those half-arsed celebrations where a few yobs blow some shit up in an alley somewhere?

Remember, Remember the Fifth of November. This should fill in some of the blanks. Do Britons still celebrate this holiday or is it just one of those half-arsed celebrations where a few yobs blow some shit up in an alley somewhere?

everything about him was on the v site to, i was just curious if its really true and why its on the site, but thx :)

edit: ha, because v wears this mask and he also made the things on nov. 5, and hes similar to fawkes because he wanted freedom with attacking the government.

very interesting thing all of this.

i remember reading something about guy fawkes/bonfire night, so i think it is some rather important holiday.

No, it's still a big thing, man. Everybody loves a holiday where you get to set fire to things and play with potentially deadly explosives.

Bonfire Night is ace, especially if you love fireworks as much as I do (they bring out my inner kid like nothing else). I missed it this year, being in Oslo and all. I was tempted to buy some explosives and just have a huge bonfire and firework display on my own, but it wouldn't have been the same. Maybe next year...

I was tempted to buy some explosives and just have a huge bonfire and firework display on my own

Thats the lousiest terrorist cover story I've ever heard, and as the head of a Christian help group that regularily visits Camp X ray, i hear a lot.

Incidentally, this week it's painting with water colours.

i saw the novelization today at a comicshop in vienna, it was released in november and is based on the script of the wachowskys, so it seems i will check it out how accurate or true it is to the source comic, altough the end and beginning wasnt like in the graphic novel to pass on the start.

there are first reviews on aintitcool.com, and theyre all utterly positive.

dont know how good those guys reviewing, but give them a shot.

New Trailer!

Still kinda mixed on it, but it looks like at least one part of the criticisms levelled at the script for it have made it into the film. I wont spoil which part of the trailer contains that bit...and there was me hoping it would just be part of one of the movie posters and nothing more...

I know which bit you mean.

Worse: "The only verdict is vengance" means that we're going to get that entire fucking speech where everything begins with a v instead of the elegant quotation used in the original graphic novel. Christ.

altough i think this trailer is worse than the fisrt, i dont see whats so problematic with it. what exactly is not in line with the comic?

the military was the only thing that i dont remember from the comics.

and of course the head speaking and those much vs. and the red color n sign.

The people wearing V masks at the end puts an entirely different spin on it (it turns into them blindly following a new leader instead of using V as a symbol of anarchy, and would be great if I thought it was supposed to be a cynical criticism of V's actions, except I don't think it is).

Odd to see cars, though. I don't think we actually see a car in the original comic except for when Susan is being driven about.

Quite honestly, though, other than that, an overemphasis on stylised knife-throwing, and the snippet of that godawful "Vengeance Vendetta Veni Vidi Violin" speech, this trailer looked surprisingly good. I suspect that the film's going to be a mixed bag - not a glowing success, but probably not a catastrophic failure either. Hmm.

I think it's going to blow the minds of the action movie crowd, although that's hardly difficult.

Still, it might usher in a new age of films which have at least half a braincell.

but this overusing of word with v was in the comic too if i recall it correctly- and how it looks isnt also a factor which should be left out. i mean, the comic is also stylish, why shouldnt the film be?

i think it will be quite intelligent. i just hope it isnt similar a bit to the matrix.