hagren

New V for Vendetta Posters

There are new pics from the Guy Fawkes intro where they hang him and the Norsefire Rally. Theres also storyboards about the Guy Fawkes bit and a QTVR Larkhill set tour.

And of course the Superbowl trailer in HD and normal resolutions.

All that on the official V film site.

How high and drunk was I?

Was there a V for Vendetta trailer at the Superbowl? And it looked pretty cool? ( keep in mind I was wasted beyond belief.gov

I warmed up since i saw the first trailer.

Maybe its because V is, regardless if how the film will be changed, just plainly cool, his voice, his costume, its my fav. "Superhero".

Hope the rest will be good too.

Sans the changed Leader, the symbolism and the Vs marching up (And that hes killed from more than just Finch) it looks good.

Especially that they left London, Larkhill and Evey playing bait for the priest intact.

And of course V, Weaving with his sinister Voice and his body language (When his jumping around on the roof especially) is just totally V.

I hope they leave the bit inside were he burns the puppets from the collector.

Though the LSD bit isnt included as i heard, that was cool too so i hope it turns out otherwise.

Guest spiderlegs

The most recent trailer, to me, seemed more with the spirit of the original. The claustrophobic government suppression, the stuffy English totalitarian protocol. Still not thrilled with the V/Zorro similarity, but we'll see. Poor miss Portman can't do much of an English accent, though. I love John Hurt in just about everything he's done. I'm guardedly optimistic...

Well, not long to go :)

Shame that i dont have money right now, i would go immediatly to Germany to see it a month before it comes out everywhere else (Yer know, Berlin Film Festival (berlinale) which started today, theres the premiere).

So its more then a month like this, but its not too much.

Im also optimistic but i hope i wont be proved otherwise.

How high and drunk was I?

Was there a V for Vendetta trailer at the Superbowl? And it looked pretty cool? ( keep in mind I was wasted beyond belief.gov

It was very short, maybe a minute long, tops. I missed it myself and didn't see it until someone sent it to me online days later. Nothing you haven't seen in the earlier trailers.

It is 31 secs long, and there are new scenes (Should i spoil or do you want to look yourself? Its on the official site).

ok. so apparently V tells Evey that he loves her right before he dies. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Hm....

I hope thats not in the film (Though it will be, of course. That adds a plus motivation to V and Evey, n that suxx. Hope everything else will be allright or that the positive side outweights the bad.)

Do you have a link?

I SAW THE FILM. Ask me questions now so I can feel important or something.

By the way, I liked it. Having read the comic I'll say they changed a lot of things, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I feel like the V movie is a step above Constantine but not exactly perfect. My eyes welled up during the Salt Flats flashback though.

How was the acting?

Where would you rank it on your own personal list of "comic book" movies?

Was Natalie Portman annoying?

Did they explain why the UK was a Totalitarian society more in-depth-ly than Moore did in the book (he sort of alluded to it, didn't really go into detail)?

Was the conclusion good?

Is it one-sided in message or does it leave room?

Are the scenes with V burning the dolls, speaking with Lady Libertine, Finch taking the LSD and Evey playing bait for the priest included?

Is Larkhill/London portrayed well, or the Leader, V, Evey and Finch characters?

Is the art good, the music?

Is it true that V reveals his love to Evey before he dies?

Is it true that England is totalitarian because the germans won WW3?

Is it really so anti-bush and anti-conservative like they say or stays it as showing a totalitarian state and where the line is how far you can go for your right?

Is the difference between chaos and anarchy explained?

Is it eye candy+ enjoyable and smart?

corny/weak?

etc.

New content of the website because of the Premiere on the Berlinale (Im so sad that i cant be there):

-Larkhill, and Vs escape from there in on the set Photos

-Guy Fawkes part behind the scenes photos

-Storyboards from Larkhill, Fingermen harassing Evey

I don't think anyone has posted this.

From AOL News:

"BERLIN (Feb. 13) - The good guy in the Wachowski brothers' latest cinematic adventure is a terrorist at war with the British government.

The masked crusader plants homemade bombs on London's subway system in pursuit of justice. The Orwellian authorities rule chiefly by fear.

With "V for Vendetta," the scriptwriters who brought us "The Matrix" may be asking for trouble.

Starring a shaven-headed Natalie Portman as the foil to the mystery man known only as V, the film is based on a 1980s graphic novel warning readers about the danger of a lurch to the political right under then-Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

The central character, played by Hugo Weaving, seeks to emulate the 17th Century Catholic rebel Guy Fawkes, who narrowly failed to blow up the Houses of Parliament in London on November 5, 1605, and was hanged for his troubles.

The narrative is set in a near future in which wars have reduced the United States to chaos.

One character says "blowing up a building can change the world," and another is arrested for hiding a Koran in his home. The film's tagline is: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

"There are hot-button issues that are dealt with in the story and that's good, that's fresh," producer Joel Silver told Reuters at the Berlin Film Festival, where the film gets its world premiere late on Monday.

Portman said she hoped the movie would challenge people to question their assumptions.

"I think it's interesting for people to reconsider their thoughts about violence and how we categorize what's justified and what's unjustified," she told Reuters.

"MOVIES AS CULTURAL SABOTAGE"

Vanity Fair magazine, which said the picture's release had been delayed from November 5 last year because of the July suicide bombings on London underground trains, called it "spectacular and exhilarating" and a return to "movies as cultural sabotage."

"You have a world teetering on the brink -- apocalypse being the animating anxiety of the superhero genre," the left-leaning magazine wrote. "Apocalypse is, too, less than coincidentally, the fortifying principle of the Bush administration."

There was no sign of the reclusive Andy and Larry Wachowski in Berlin, and it was not clear if they would agree with such an interpretation of their film. But a copy of the article was included in press packs handed out to reporters in Berlin.

First-time director James McTeigue said he was aware that portraying attacks similar to those of recent bombings might not be universally popular.

"Yes, it has controversial subject matter," he said. "I also think it's like a dialogue we have every day. The news media is filled every day with discussions of terrorism. I think it is only a matter of time before it leads into the arts."

The topic of terrorism and its justification is not the only feature of "Vendetta" that may spark debate.

John Hurt, who plays the evil leader Sutler, is made to look and sound like Adolf Hitler, and images of biological experiments on human beings resemble the concentration camps of World War Two."

One character says "blowing up a building can change the world," and another is arrested for hiding a Koran in his home. The film's tagline is: "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

:blink:

How was the acting?

Where would you rank it on your own personal list of "comic book" movies?

Was Natalie Portman annoying?

Did they explain why the UK was a Totalitarian society more in-depth-ly than Moore did in the book (he sort of alluded to it, didn't really go into detail)?

Excellent on Hugo Weaving's part. It's above Constantine but below Batman Begins. Portman was *slightly* annoying but Evey as a character has always annoyed me. And there was an explanation for the Totalitarian society, sort of.... Will elaborate with hagren's questions.

Hagren you have so many questions so I'm gonna answer only a few. Things like the music and cinematography you will have to see for yourself because such things can't be found in the graphic novel :lol:

Prothero's death is in the movie however the dolls are not.  I'm not really sure why they changed this, perhaps they thought the usage of dolls was too strange?  Instead Prothero is seen quoting his own speeches in the shower.

Larkhill is explained in the movie and I think it's portrayed correctly, however much of Larkhill is left out.  The movie omits how V learns to grow roses and make explosives.  It is implied that V caused the explosion and that's all.

Evey tells V she loves him, I don't recall V reciprocating...  I don't think it would have ruined the film in any case.

Subtly hinted at, the Germans were not involved at all and it's actually the US at fault.  When detailing the St. Mary's virus there's a short clip of dialogue that goes something like "When the war in the US reached us..."

Christian has reminded me....

The first train encounter is NOT in the film at all.  They pretty much rushed through the first chunk of the comic.  Majorly.

I went to the screening with three of my friends who had never read V for Vendetta and they still enjoyed the movie despite the changes and deletions.

So how looks your Comicfilms list?

Shame that my fav scene isnt in. And Vs speech with the Liberty statue?

Thx anyway :)