hagren

New V for Vendetta Posters

Hey Chan good to hear from you... where yo bin gal??

Thanks for the heads up on V, can I ask the one thing that's bothering me, I'll stick it in spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the book

Is the scene in the trailer where there are loads of people in V masks relating to the end of the book where everyone is rising up and going down to see if V appears at midnight? If so, is it all a bit slushy or do they handle it n an ok way? The whole point of it is that it is an instinctive reaction, not - let's go to the fancy dress shop tonight cos I'm going on a rebellion.
thanks.

another is arrested for hiding a Koran in his home

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me :wacko:

Also, I'm assuming, since nobody's mentioned it, that This Vicious Cabaret hasn't made it into the film..?

another is arrested for hiding a Koran in his home

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me :wacko:

Also, I'm assuming, since nobody's mentioned it, that This Vicious Cabaret hasn't made it into the film..?

It's one of the bits I'd remove first, to be fair. It works brilliantly in the book, but it'd take a very, VERY good director/cast to get it to convince the multiplex audience on screen.

I'm fairly confident, on the basis of what I've seen/heard so far, that this is going to be a generally solid adaptation, comfortably superior to any previous Moore-to-film effort, and a reasonably intriguing, thought-provoking piece of work by the standards of the Big Summer Blockbusters it'll be competing with. It's not going to be anything like as good as the book, though, it'll make a bunch of changes which'll irritate me and you, and it'll probably piss off/disappoint as many Moore fans as it satisfies. Still haven't decided if I'm actually going to go to see it or not.

It's one of the bits I'd remove first, to be fair. It works brilliantly in the book, but it'd take a very, VERY good director/cast to get it to convince the multiplex audience on screen.

Yeah, I wasn't wholly serious there, y'know... :p Still, it would've made me chuckle if it had made it in :D

I'm fairly confident, on the basis of what I've seen/heard so far, that this is going to be a generally solid adaptation, comfortably superior to any previous Moore-to-film effort, and a reasonably intriguing, thought-provoking piece of work by the standards of the Big Summer Blockbusters it'll be competing with. It's not going to be anything like as good as the book, though, it'll make a bunch of changes which'll irritate me and you, and it'll probably piss off/disappoint as many Moore fans as it satisfies. Still haven't decided if I'm actually going to go to see it or not.

I'd go along with that. Personally, I'm thinking I'll either download or watch someone else's copy once it's out on DVD. Joel Silver does not deserve my money.

...also, I'll happily admit that those shots of Westminster exploding look truly awe-inspiring, and have slightly piqued my interest in the film :)

I'm fairly confident, on the basis of what I've seen/heard so far, that this is going to be a generally solid adaptation, comfortably superior to any previous Moore-to-film effort

Which, to be fair, isnt saying much. Though, yes, it does look like a halfway decent film. Why wouldnt you go see it? General principle?

I'm self-aware enough to know that I'll probably be too much of an anal fanboy to actually enjoy the film on its own merits, so I'd just end up sitting in the theatre grumbling at it for not being the book, regardless of whether or not it's any good in and of itself. So, it'd be a bit of a waste of my time and money, all things considered (it's why I still haven't seen Constanteen, and don't really have any plans to do so). If I'm urged to check it out by enough people whose opinions I trust, though, I might change my mind.

If it arrives in Austria in dubbed mode, and isnt to catch anyway near in Original, i wheter wait or i download it. But i want to see it, it looks quite decent really. I hope i wont be disappointed and that its good, wheter adaptationwise or as film.

Thanks for the heads up on V, can I ask the one thing that's bothering me, I'll stick it in spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the book

The very last scene with the army of Vs was satisfactory to me, although there were some moments where I think parts of the dialogue were *over emphasized* but these are petty details.  The most non-spoiling example I can think of is Gordon dies right?  Well he shows up again in the end to drive the narrative home, and I thought that was too much eheh.

Most of it did. I think the Valerie scene was handled very well.

Doublepost oops...

But wanst the vicous cabaret a different scene?

You know, where V played piano and sang.

You didnt share your list of cb-films yet, btw :)

Hmmm...I'm optimistic about this one, though obviously in the sense of I'm going into seeing this not bothering to compare it with the book. That worked out not horribly when I saw From Hell years ago...so who knows?

But wanst the vicous cabaret a different scene?

You know, where V played piano and sang.

You didnt share your list of cb-films yet, btw :)

Out of the chapter the cabaret woman and the actual song are NOT in the movie and some things re: Gordon were changed :biggrin:

I can't rank it because I never really thought about putting all CB movies on a list of quality eheh... I'll still stick by it being a step below Batman Begins, and I loved BB. BEST of the Moore comics-to-film movies, but that's not saying much :lol:

Im also with Mojo on this one, if its a good adaptation or a good film on its own merit, i will like it.

It just has to have crumbs of V in it, it should be interesting, original, provoking and of course fun, so also not boring or something (Though, i dont have anything against boring movies if the other things are alrighty).

I liked From Hell, though i dont know that novel, its fucking expensive because its huge (40 euros or something). It was a bit empty and random though, and the story was a bit easy and light, but i liked the atmosphere of it and the conclusion, some story parts and some visuals/actors.

Though i liked Constantine too.

But im not too easy to impress, with HP eg. i was always mixed, but i liked the fourth very much.

The design of the first two where better, and the second was quite good, but it was too long and of course the children actors werent so superb.

The first was too juvenile for me and the third was again halfway very good halfway bad. But the fourth, tough a bit shallow and still cut too fast for some guys, it was very lifelike and i liked that very much.

And "Christiane F." is also shit compared to the book, theres not one situation what isnt changed from the source and it isnt so deep and emotional/political like the story.

Maybe ok on its own for those who dont know the novel but next to drug-films like Requiem for a Dream or for me personally, Blow, its not really good.

From the comicbook films i liked the newest Batman (one problem with it that its too "huge"), Hellboy, as said C., from Hell and both Spidey movies.

When i was a kid i liked Casper and Howard (I was a kid!).

I had mixed feelings towards Hulk and Sin city, and the first two Batman/Blade movies, and i didnt like League of Gentlemen, Daredevil, Garfield (though maybe good for kids), and X-Men (I have to say that the trailer from the third makes me want to see them again, and the third is a must-see, the trailer is awsome!)

I also warmed up a bit towards Superman Returns and i plan to see the first ones again. Smallville is not really for me tough it had some good parts, i liked the series with Teri Hatcher better.

I found Incredibles stunning in visuals, and it was fun sometimes, but it was too long and not really funny or exeptional, though maybe because i dont really know comics (I only read some Batman, Sin City, Hellblazer, Sandman, Lucifer, Transmetropolitan, Vendetta, Spiderman, Jurassic park, Asterix, Simpsons, diverse strips/issues, 300 etc.)

I still have and want to see American Splendor, Ghostworld, History of Violence, Road to Perdition and of course the ones coming out in the next time.

I dont know if i should watch Ultraviolet and Aeon Flux.

And i sure forgot many films.

(LIke FF: Very fun movie but as film not really good).

I still have and want to see American Splendor, Ghostworld, History of Violence, Road to Perdition and of course the ones coming out in the next time.

These four are some of the best films made out of comics. Loved all four.

hmm....All four of which were realistic movies:No Fantasy or sci-fi elements, at all.

I think I'm beginning to see the problems Hollywood is having with comic books.

Chris: ?

Abhi: Yes, they really seem interesting and good.

I didnt see American Splendor or Ghostworld anywhere though, but i buy them mabye on Amazon later.

History of Violence when its released.

And Road to Perdition will premiere in a week or so on TV here :)

I liked From Hell, though i dont know that novel, its fucking expensive because its huge

Read it. Read it, read it, read it. Also, read it! :D

Seriously, it's worth the money. I'd happily pay €40 for it. You'll likely find that the film, while a decent piece of cinema, is a terrible adaptation of the comic, and you'll also likely find the comic one of the finest examples of the medium, EVER.

Really, read it. Sell a kidney if you need to :)

:)

I really want to, but i have no money :)

(And when i have, i want to buy HB and DVDs, because theyre cheaper.)

But when i have enough, i will buy it :)