Sign in to follow this  
Benny Fanboy

Is that a bit of lung?

Last night at about 5am I woke up feeling awful and vomited red nastiness into the toilet. I couldn't sleep for about half an hour thinking about Dangerous Habits and thinking if I could scam my soul off to anyone.

I then realised that I'd drunk the best part of a bottle of wine last night, explaining the redness and the illness, but it's now inspired a 'Has Hellblazer ever drawn a nasty little parallel experience in your own life... Apart from the brown trenchcoat you bought on a whim train of thought?

I've had the same incident happen numerous times. I attribute it to too much drinking and smoking in one night, and I also had a terrible cold.

Coughing up blood. Done that before after a heavy nights drinking and smoking. Note to self: smoking an entire pack of fags in a few hours ain't clever, it's not as if they were Silk Cuts neither.

I didn't have a disconcerting experience like yours, but was once in a church during a funeral, and was getting bummed at the way the service emphasized how the death was really alright because the deceased was going to heaven, when I thought of John Constantine standing up in the front of the church, behind the priest, maybe twice life size like a saint statue, but not imposing, just present, and smirking or looking sardonic to communicate what he thought of what was going on there. That cheered me immediately, and I had a good internal chuckle over it.

Parallels..no.

But the other day I saw a tourist down the street, minus the trenchcoat, who was a dead-ringer for John Constantine.