electricinca

X-Men 3 Trailer

Ooooh nice. But I thought they were going to go with the Dark Phoenix saga this time?

well, that was definitely an extremely powerful reborn Jean Grey in there....

Beast looks a bit too fake though. the hair is a bit too much glued on to my tastes.

who sees the broken quicktime pic: you need qt 7, downloadable via apple.com

it only runs on xp or 2000 (or, well, on apples).

and because i havent got any of them, i have to wait until someone turns the trailer into a file my pc can play.

The more I see of Kelsey Grammer as Beast the more I get accustomed to it. I'm starting to think he doesn't as off as I first thought.

I'm also pleased to see that they've managed to keep the cast together for it although no sign of Nightcrawler but the core cast is still there.

I'm also pleased to see that they've managed to keep the cast together for it although no sign of Nightcrawler but the core cast is still there.

Even Halle Berry?

I'm not sure about the guy playing Angel, Ben Foster is it?. And is Gambit in it?

I'm assuming the online trailer is the same clip as has been shown on TV. If so, it left me a bit cold. It's nothing I can put my finger on, but it's more of that "something doesn't feel right" kind of reactions.

Has everybody seen the "hidden" pictures in the trailer? If not comingsoon.net has a link up to them, including the picture of Colossus.

And no Keeyah, as far as I know, Gambit isn't in it.

The trailer does look pretty cool (I'd be lying if I denied that the glimpse of a Fastball Special didn't give me a "special" feeling in my most privatest of places - so sue me, I like classic X-Men), but I'm still not hopeful about the film. The problem with everything I've heard about X-3 is that it looks like an over-cooked mess - too many new characters, too many disparate plot elements, too many creative changes behind the scenes, too many setpieces, too little coherence or heart - and those are precisely the kind of films which tend to have awesome trailers. Just like this one, in fact, which is packed to the gills with cool-looking shots and action clips, but gives you absolutely no idea what the tone of the film is going to be (apart from "MORE+BIGGER=BETTER", which is hardly promising), which characters it's going to focus on, or what it's actually going to be about.

The trailer does look pretty cool (I'd be lying if I denied that the glimpse of a Fastball Special didn't give me a "special" feeling in my most privatest of places - so sue me, I like classic X-Men)

Same here.

I used to be a Gambit fan, not so much now and I don't like Hugh Jackman -looks wise.

I don't mind Hugh, but I still think he's too much of a pretty-boy to really be Logan -- not to mention he's too tall. Still I guess it could have been worse. We could have got Danny DeVito or Christopher Walken (or some other bad Hollywood stunt-casting) as Wolvy. :wacko: I don't really buy Halle as Storm either -- she doesn't project "stong" and "regal" to me. Out of all of the original cast, she's the one who bothers me the most.

I'm not saying Gambit was my all-time favourite X-Man, but I do understand the attraction that kind of a character presents. :)

I don't.

He's an awful bit of horribly underdeveloped Claremont wank. He singlehandedly represents everything that was awful and wrong about the X-titles in the 90's and onwards. Gambit begat Cable who begat Psylocke who begat Bishop, yadda-yadda-yadda...

Probably smells bad, too.

Underdeveloped? Sure, but so are most of the X-Men, even some of the original ones, including Bobby Drake (or maybe he was just boring and bland -- I could never tell).

On the plus side Gambit 's a bad boy with a heart of gold -- an ex-thief turned hero. He's on the cool and slick and suave end of the scale unlike Cyclops who is just petulant and sulky and broody and whiny. He loves (or loved since I'm about a decade out of continuity) Rogue, even though he can't touch her, which means he has a streak of loyalty and dependability, which are good things, from a female point of view. He's supposed to be tall and good looking in that unshaven, unkept, casual sort of way. And most gals would tell you that a sexy French/Cajun accent certainly isn't a strike against him. ;) He's the balance for Wolverine's roughness and gruffness (not to say that Wolvy doesn't have a great deal of appeal, because he certainly does). I'll admit that energy charged playing cards and other objects were a bit hokey, but I can think of mutants with worse powers. I think he's a character who certainly had tons and tons of potential.

Besides you can't blame Gambit for that whole alternate future mess that gave us Bishop and Cable, Rachel/Phoenix et al since he wasn't part of that storyline. I don't remember Psylocke's backstory well enough to remember if she was part of that mess or not. To me it just seemed like she was eye candy for the fan boys and wasn't that interesting as a character.

To me it just seemed like she was eye candy for the fan boys and wasn't that interesting as a character.

Funny, that sounds just like Gambit.

ALL of it.

As I said in my first post, Gambit fans tend to split along gender lines, and there's nothing wrong with that. Female readers deserve a treat every now and again. :)

In his defence, he did wear more clothing than Psylocke, and he couldn't be accused of defying gravity in quite the same manner. ;) :D

Of course you still haven't explained your obvious issues with Gambit. There must be something more than his eye candy status to explain why he has worked his way so far under your skin. :lol:

I'm looking forward to it! In fact, I was going to go see King Kong just for the X3 trailer attached to it, but luckily Apple snabbed it Monday!

I'm looking forward to the new characters, anyone see juggernaut of to the side of Magneto's rally? He should have a good fight scene!