electricinca

X-Men 3 Trailer

Longshot had a ridiculous mullet.

Besides, you have to give the character a couple of bonus points for the trenchcoat

Oh, sweet Christ on a tricycle, NO.

Didn't ANYONE writing an X-title from the late 80's on up have a single original though?!?

Longshot had a ridiculous mullet.

Never said he didn't.

Besides, you have to give the character a couple of bonus points for the trenchcoat

Oh, sweet Christ on a tricycle, NO.

Didn't ANYONE writing an X-title from the late 80's on up have a single original though?!?

Sure, plenty of them: mixed up future timelines, "killing" the characters and leaving them in the Australian outback, that Madeline Pryor clone storyline, chopping off Angel's wings and that whole Apocalypse fiasco, and many, many more. Original, however doesn't equate with good or interesting. ;)

I just don't think Gambit is among the worst of the offences, and I can think of a lot of a bunch of other characters more deserving of vitriol than he is. Sometimes archetypes have their place.

Longshot absolutely sucked! I put that atrocious character out of my head! He may actually be worse than Bishop!

I remember talk about Gambit having a second mutation that made him even more like John Constantine, the ability to happen to be in the right place at the right time, and that some fans complained that Gambit was overshadowing Longshot. Something like that.....

And yeah, there was talk that his red eyes were a mutant power to charm people, but that was revealed to be a lie. The real reason for his red eyes was just revealed in that god-awful "X-Men:The End" comic.

"Didn't ANYONE writing an X-title from the late 80's on up have a single original though?!?"

You're going a little bit too far now, Mojo. You can rag on certain X-characters or X-story-lines, you can say that every writer from 1991-the present has been god awful (which isn't true), but DO NOT mess with Chris Claremont in his prime! Claremont is a senile old fool today, sure, and it can be argued that he was seriously losing his ability by the late-80s, but NO ONE messes with Chris Claremont's original run on "Uncanny X-Men" or "New Mutants"!

Didn't Claremont introduce Gambit?

I mark the start of the yet-to-end era of shit in the X-universe with the issue that Gambit showed up in. Wasn't that in the late 80's? Well, whatever the date was, that's my starting point. It's all downhill from there.

I'd attempt to be more accurate with these things, but frankly, it's not worth the effort.

Claremont introduced Gambit. He was originally one of Claremont's lame attempts toward the end of his run to attempt to make the X-Men seem "totally rad" to teenagers (Jubilee was another).

I think it was 1989.

I actually hated Gambit with a passion when he was first introduced also. It wasn't until Scott Lobdell gave him an actual personality that I started to like him,

Actually for such a pedantic reader of the X-Men as myself, I can mark the actual issue that things began to go fastly south for the X-books. It was "Uncanny X-Men" #256 (introducing the new bimboized Psylocke).

Claremont started to get weird about 20 issues before this (as if he had stopped sleeping at that point), but the issues are still very much readable, just usually bizarre. It wasn't until #256 that you began to go, "Why won't Claremont just leave the book!".

Longshot absolutely sucked! I put that atrocious character out of my head! He may actually be worse than Bishop!

But Longshot had Dazzler and the woman with many arms and the x-babies. Bishop only had time traveling confusion and Shard and arms bigger than his head.

Plus Bishop tried to kill Gambit, he might be preferred by Mojo.

And yeah, there was talk that his red eyes were a mutant power to charm people, but that was revealed to be a lie. The real reason for his red eyes was just revealed in that god-awful "X-Men:The End" comic.

What was the reason?

But Longshot had Dazzler and the woman with many arms and the x-babies. Bishop only had time traveling confusion and Shard and arms bigger than his head.

And, perhaps ironically, an even more majestically awful mullet.

Plus Bishop tried to kill Gambit, he might be preferred by Mojo.

He did? God speed, good sir!

In The End he was Sinisters son, cloned from the DNA from Cyclops. Was that the reason or was it something else?

It sounds like shite to me.

Oh yes, I can remember hearing something about that. The third Summers brother thing. Used to be Adam X, now Gambit.

Blah

Yep, they finally revealed the third Summers brother.

They never said it was Adam X (who the hell is Adam X anyway?! He popped up in one issue of X-Men and I had no idea who he was and never saw him again!), he was just a red herring.

I figured it was probably Gambit, but had no idea they'd drag up the old clone of Mr. Sinister using Cyclops' DNA card....

Does that even make sense? Wasn't Sinister's obsession with the Summers' brothers always that their DNA was the only genes he didn't own a copy of? So, how could he use Cyclops' DNA to clone Gambit in the past?!

I absolutely hated the whole Mojo stuff. I can't figure out if I hate the Mojo stuff or Bishop's future stuff more. Both are the absolute low point of X-continuity.

Yep, they finally revealed the third Summers brother.

They never said it was Adam X (who the hell is Adam X anyway?! He popped up in one issue of X-Men and I had no idea who he was and never saw him again!), he was just a red herring.

It was stated that Adam was the the son of Katherine Summers (Scott and Alex's mother) and D'Ken (the Shi'ar ruler) in the Starjammer comics. Adam joined the Starjammers but Corsair (Chris Summers) never found out Adam was his wife's child.

Adam could make the blood of people or animals boil in their veins. Nice.

He also once rescued Cyclop's Grandfather from dying in a storm by warming his blood.

New trailer here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/tls/trailer/

Fuck arse [over-used word]s that theres no HD-trailer yet, cuz i can view QT7 only if i download them.

The X-men 3 trailer is btw my fav trailer at the time (The music, the editing, the cinematography, Voice-overs voice and the dialogue...yeehaa!), though i didnt like the first one anno.

But it got me interested to see the last stand, 1 again and 2 too.

I'm pumped for this flick. I may have abandoned the comics, but X-Men films will get my $ every time.

And you're right Hags, that trailer is kick-ass. Fastball special anyone?

Puh this new trailer raves too.

The only thing what bothers me are those specific lame-looking mutants, but maybe im just a rassist dick :)

But this war-atmosphere...ja! german engineering in da house!

Damn this…my work computer won’t let me view streaming media. Guess they don’t want us being all distracted. So I’ll just get back to posting and reading up on Hellblazer.

Cheap?

The Bridge and sky scenes scenes are excellent.

Though i have to say i saw better angelwings somewhere else ;)

Am i an Asshole to say that i dont like how this blue gal and the guy with the naily face look?

But i like the tone of it very much.

I just heard that Bryan Singer has relinquished control of this project to Brett "The Hack" Rattner and I am absolutely devastated. Another reason for me to hate the Superman movie.

What were the others?

Btw, i bought X-Men today, and i watched a bit from it. The opening sequence is ace.

If the film holds up this mature and darker atmosphere, i will love it and no one could holding me back from buying 2 and watching 3, that two trailers are lovely angsty.

Looks kinda...cheap.

Do like the handful of X-Men squaring off against Magneto's army of mutants though.

I haven't downloaded the trailer but caught the most recent commercial during 24. I also thought it looked cheap, cheesy, tacky, and badly done. While it is hard to discern plots from commercials, it felt as over-stuffed as one of those entrees that consists of chickens stuffed in a duck, stuffed in a turkey.

I have no faith in the people in charge of this film. Nothing I've seen so far convinces me that this is a must-see movie (and yes, I saw the last two in the theatre). Some of the casting doesn't sit very well with me. I'm sorry, just because Kelsey Grammer did a pompous character on TV for years doesn't mean he's right for Hank McCoy.

I'll wait for the reviews before deciding whether to go or not, but at this point, I'm leaning towards "not."

Watch the trailers. Theyre awsome imho, because of the editing, voiceover, music and look/atmosphere. Though im not much of an X-Mener, i just bought the first one to find out if i hold any place in my heart for it.

I just heard that Bryan Singer has relinquished control of this project to Brett "The Hack" Rattner and I am absolutely devastated. Another reason for me to hate the Superman movie.

Is this a joke?

Bryan Singer is still on Superman, and Brett Ratner has indeed taken over the X-Men franchise. All this was revealed quite some time ago.

I'm glad someone else has trepidations about Ratner doing X-Men. I can't stand him either. His best film is Red Dragon, and it doesn't even come close to Michael Mann's Manhunter.

It's just like when Story was handed FF. What a mismatch! And the cluster-fuck feeling of the previews is worrisome, but I'm hoping the script, acting, special effects, and my nostalgic love for the characters overcome Ratner's shortcomings as a director.