Jamesb

Comics that slip you by.... Cinder and Ashe

I am reading the slings and arrows guide to comics, which is a huge resource of information. It not only goes through the titles, but refrences artisits and authours, offers opinion and hitory with background, and is proving quite a read.

their website ios here, with sample entries, which you can multiply by 5,000 http://www.slingsandarrowspublishing.com/

I have had it since publication, popped in and out but this summer I started slowly readng the whole thing. I admit I dont read every entry, but I realised after a brief purousal, one day that I am missing out on comics through ignorance.

So, I sat down and started reading, from the first page. I have my own process, some titles within a few lines, I just pass over, others I read so I know what they are as well as seeking new reads. I mark what I think would be good to pick up, and from that create a list.

The contributors reccomened titles, and from what I have read anyhow, I sometimes disaagree with them, but overall, they seem to know what they are talking about.

So last Sunday, I went into the London Comic mart, at the national hotel, armed with a list of about 50 comics, and lucked out.

There were thousand of comics for 50p, it was a feeding frenzy, and I picked up Cinder and Ashe.

Now this comic is quite something different, I dont want to give anything away, but its definatly Vertigo Calibre. A four issue mini series from DC, I just cant believe I have been reading comics for about 25 years, and yet this one, I had never heard off.

I also picked up some back issues of NAM, Captain America Sentinal graphic novels 1-4, human defense corps, and a stack of other comics for 50p, some because they were on my list, and some because they were so cheap.

But Cinder and Ashe stands out.

has anyone else read it?

Jamesb

Cinder & Ashe was published over here in the DC Thriller anthology. the vietnam vet PI and the girl he saved in Saigon, right? great story, and awesome art by Garcia-Lopez.

Cinder & Ashe was published over here in the DC Thriller anthology. the vietnam vet PI and the girl he saved in Saigon, right? great story, and awesome art by Garcia-Lopez.

Yes thats the one, can't believe it was republished somehwere, thats good, it is really lovely artwork, and the story, although perhaps aspects of it are more regular now, in 88, must have been close to the bone.

Not that it matters, as its really quite good.

I dont know that collection - what language is it?

jamesb

Yes thats the one, can't believe it was republished somehwere, thats good, it is really lovely artwork, and the story, although perhaps aspects of it are more regular now, in 88, must have been close to the bone.

Not that it matters, as its really quite good.

I dont know that collection - what language is it?

jamesb

dutch, unfortunately for you...