A. Heathen

DC forums

Jay-SUS! I went into the Vertigo boards, which were GO DAMNED AWFUL LOOKING! And filled with posts about how people should boycott Vertigo until the boards are fixed. What the hey has happened?

There IS some humour too, though. One guy posted a message which looke like this:

F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK F()CK

...except it was approximately 20 times longer than that quote. Then some other guy sends a reply, QUOTING THE ENTIRE POST, adding only:

You're not happy, are you?

:lol:

Thanks for the reminder as to why I haven't gone to the DC Boards in ages. Yikes. Even if I could get past the eye-bleedingly awful design, there's no content to justify the wear and tear on my eyes and brain.

A shame, because I remember the heyday of the Authority board, and I have many warm, fuzzy memories about it.

Boy howdy do those boards suck.

And while without them I never would have found STH, I have no desire at all to go there.

Two whole Vertigo forums - one for ongoing and one for minis - that's a bit generous, innit ?

Have they got proper moderators in yet ? Couldn't actually read any of the orange on white text.

Ah, I remember the old Lucifer boards, before the previous round of revamps. Those were the days. Not a tightarsed moderator in sight, lots and lots of Mike Carey and fun fun fun. I miss it so. :icon_cry:

I find it amazing that Vertigo manages to progressively make their debate forums WORSE for every single incarnation...

I too am reminded why I stay the hell away from the DC Boards. I used to go there for Hellblazer info until I found this place. The boards are terrible, and many who post are well....nothing like those that post here. (thats as nice as I will put it)

Bit of a shame as their message boards were supposed to be one of the reasons the letters page was taken out. I think the initial decline of the DC Vertogo board led to this message board taking off.

Three cheers for other people's misfortune then!

If memory serves, back in the day, Marvel used to have paid community moderators that ran their forums. I think DC had something similar back when they were on AOL, seem to recall a lot of mewling on Usenet when they were all let go.

Which is my way of letting you all know that you're fired.