Manic

Non "Super Hero" Comics

Good choice! I've just gotten into Planetary myself.

Planetarys good. Tho it's suposedly ending soon. I think it was mentioned that in Febaury it's going to be getting a monthly schedule and ending. So rather than it's normal schedule "whenever the hell Cassady feels like drawing the issues." It will be out sooner. Hopefully.

Manic - there are 5 "free" issues of La Bete Noire by Darko Macan and Milan Jovanovic - it's a great read, as i hope a lot of people here will testify. And listen to their suggestions as well - you can't go wrong with the classic heavy hitters - Sandman, preacher, Transmet, Invisibles, V for vendetta, Watchmen, Sin City, BoM, Arkham Asylum, Calvin And Hobbes, Y the Last man, Ex machina, Fables then follow the authors - Morrison, Ellis, Moore, Gaiman, Vaughan...

It's not so much "cancelled" as it is finishing - Diggle apparently always intended for it to end at around this point, and thanks to healthy trade sales, Vertigo let the title run through to the conclusion despite pretty low monthly sales figures.

I'd also bung in Desolation Jones by Warren Ellis. Not as good as Transmet but still plenty of fun.

And I don't think anyone said WE3 by Grant Morrison.