wolvy

In the End.. There can be only ONE.

Highlander the comic series.

Looks good. Tho they'v said it takes place right after the end of the first movie. Havent said who'd the writer or the artist. But still I might check this out.

I used to LOVE the Highlander TV series.

Looks like it may coincide with the new Highlander movie called Highlander: The Source. It supposed to be about Duncan and some other immortals along with Methos and Joe the Watcher getting together to find out the origins of the Immortals. Gonna be a trilogy. Can't be much worse then the last few......wait they all sucked except the first movie.

Comic sounds good. IF there is a good creative team and it comes out on time. I am surprised there hasn't been a comic about Highlander already.

So did I wolvy. I quite liked Adrian Paul as Duncan McLeod of the clan McLeod...

Will catch this if and when it does come out.

Highlander is the fucking business. There's just something about the whole franchise that makes me very happy. And I am an absolute sucker for stories about immortals. Which is why I absolutely love the hell out of the TV show. It took a very good look at the trials and advantages of being immortal and told some wonderful stories, low budget or no.

I even liked the movies everyone hated (except the execrable Highlander II which I ignore). Highlander III and IV were crappy films but I still enjoyed them tremendously. Except the ending of Highlander IV, which is terribly depressing and terminal and the end of an era. No one has the right! Those who have seen it know what I mean.

As for the comics, I dunno. I'm suspicious of comics based on major franchises as they are generally a bit shit and terribly produced.

What I would like to see is the TV series returning. Now that would get me pleased.

I have the theme song on my computer. Once I get a cell phone. THATS going to be my ring tone. :lol:

That show had a great story. It wasnt cheesey or lame. A lot of Episodes were either funny or very dramatic and had a lot of impact behind them. And it did so well. That when a Key player died. You really felt bad for them.

whowantstoliveFOREVER!

Can't remember the tune for the tele programme but Queen's effort for the original movie is a cracker, always gets me a little misty eyed too, did those boys ever write a really bad tune ?

I always liked the idea of The Highlander tele series but never really got into it, appreciated that there was a sense of progression in there - I seem to recall his long time normal friend ending up being an immortal and a running feud between the pair.

Comic seems pointless.

"There Can Be Only One" is right. There was only one, and it was the original film. Everything since has been various shades of arse. The TV series was probably better than the film sequels, based on what I saw of it, but that's really not saying much at all.

Highlander's right up there near the top of my "FILMS WHICH DIDN'T/DON'T NEED SEQUELS" list.

"There Can Be Only One" is right. There was only one, and it was the original film. Everything since has been various shades of arse. The TV series was probably better than the film sequels, based on what I saw of it, but that's really not saying much at all.

Highlander's right up there near the top of my "FILMS WHICH DIDN'T/DON'T NEED SEQUELS" list.

The TV series is genuinely quite good. Its budget constraints sometimes got in the way but it really did grapple with a lot of the issues that come with immortality - moral, professional, personal etc. There were some cracking stories, some great action sequences, entertaining period drama, EXCELLENT villains and poignant romances. It was actually a clever and complex show. Certainly there were plenty of bad episodes and many a budget related drawback, but I'd urge you to give the show some time if you can ever get hold of it.

John, the tune for the TV show was Princes of the Universe by Queen, same as for the original movie. And yes, their soundtrack for this movie includes some of their best music IMO.

I always liked how they were able to conceal there swords under a long trench coat. Or carry them around and nobody thought twice about it.

I mean there's gotta be times where You'd be at the Grocery store and another immortal was there. Tho I seem to recall they didnt just randomly fight. It was more along the lines of challenging each other.

A few years back I borrowed a friends trenchcoat and tried exactly that with a katana of mine. It does not work. Can't be hidden. Not to mention dangerous having an exposed blade up against the body.

I just say its like the Immortal's version of the Jedi mind trick. If they don't want regular people to see, they won't. Or it's just TV.

I had both Connor and Duncans Katanna's at one time but gave Connors to my Brother when he graduated from the State Patrol . I loved the first movie and the TV series . The last Movie wasn't that bad .

high03.jpg

You have a movie about the Scotts, and the only scottish actor in it plays a character called... Ramirez?! Brilliant!

Also - loved the bit in the Queen music video when Chris Lambert comes to scowl/stare at Freddie Mercury...

Heh. Since there are people here who seem to care (honestly, I'm surprised about that!), here's a link for everything we know about the Movie of Infinite Badness so far:

http://community.livejournal.com/hl_flash/20026.html

A fairly detailed plot synopsis was leaked last week, and has since been mocked with great vigour in the fandom. Here's a fun 'remix' of the synopsis:

http://lastrega.livejournal.com/271483.html

I sort of agree with Mark - most of what's come out of the HL franchise has been varying degrees of bad... I still like the general idea, though, and - hey, why not admit it - I have a longtime crush on Methos. *g* Luckily it's a great fandom, even if the source product isn't so great. The fans are very intelligent and fun people, for the most part. And they write some of the best fic I've read in *any* fandom, and in great quantities. Easily better than 99.9% of the 'canon' material.

(Sorry... this is not really comics-related...)

high03.jpg

You have a movie about the Scotts, and the only scottish actor in it plays a character called... Ramirez?! Brilliant!

Also - loved the bit in the Queen music video when Chris Lambert comes to scowl/stare at Freddie Mercury...

Hooray, you're back! And posting from the future...

I sort of agree with Mark - most of what's come out of the HL franchise has been varying degrees of bad...

I don't know, though. The movies are nearly all shit, true enough, but I thought at least some of the seasons of the TV show were really very very good.

I don't know, though. The movies are nearly all shit, true enough, but I thought at least some of the seasons of the TV show were really very very good.

Hence the 'most' in my original post. Yeah, there's some good stuff there. Enough to fuel a lot of great fanfic, anyway. ;-)