Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiderlegs

Fanboy Radio

Guest spiderlegs

http://www.fanboyradio.com/

So last night I visit my cousin at her friend's Winter Lights party, and her friend's roommate happens to work at Fanboy Radio. The other guy who runs it showed up and we had a blast talking about comics. They are huge Vertigo fans, by the way. I mentioned the cover of HB#214 and they thought it was cool. Anyway, since they are all about promoting comics and interviewing creators, check out the link if you haven't already.

Guest spiderlegs

So, I acted as an intermediary and got them to invite my friend Darick Robertson on their show. He'll be on in February with a big announcement. You may touch me...there...if you must! :wink:

So, I acted as an intermediary and got them to invite my friend Darick Robertson on their show.

Whoops! Hey, mate - is this name yours? It must have slipped out of your hands.

Guest spiderlegs

Sorry, James. I'm not getting what you're asking. I was harmlessly taking credit for something I had very little to do with other than introducing them. You should be aware of my hit & miss sense of humor by now, young man. :glare:

James means you dropped a name.

You know what these people who do not know famous people are like whenever you mention your friends they have heard of.

Guest spiderlegs

:o :ohmy: Why, that jealous little bitch! He just wishes he was me, playah! Shee-it. I know Tim Bedsheet, too, yo! He's my dawg when he come to town. Once we smoked cigs and talked about Clint Eastwood movies--just me and him...and about 8 other guys...and my wife and kid...

I just think we're lucky to be fans of a medium in which the creators are so accessible by choice. I've met a lot of musicians when I was in a band and when I was booking bands last year, and you'll never find a bigger set of assholes than wannabe rock stars. But comic writers and illustrators are the nicest bunch of guys I've ever had the pleasure to know. I won't even consider name-dropping a rock star's name (other than Lisa Umbarger from the Toadies, a family friend of my wife, or Voltaire of whom I'm a big fan), but I'll namedrop comic guys ALL MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY, YO!

It was totally random that I ran into the Fanboy Radio guys at a party at my cousin's friend's house (the friend and the Fanboy Radio guy, Scott, are roommates). We talked about comics and creators all night. Those guys would probably love this board if they weren't constantly working on their gig. But I admit, it was completely self-serving for me to hook them up: remember, I'm a HUGE TRANSMET fan, and even if Darick only says one thing about it, it will rock for me. :D

And, they are massive Vertigo & HELLBLAZER (and Whazza) fans. They had nothing but nice things to say about Mike's run, as well.