Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Frank Miller's 300 - The Movie

Miller's in like Flynn with Holywood.

Amazing that most of Miller's comic work comes out nicely for the screen but all of Moore's comic work comes out shite for the screen.

maybe because miller cares and does something for it?

or because the studios are operating with him and didnt do it with moore?

altough i dont know really.

and this does really look nice. altough, 300 is again, a little bit thin. but its not a bad story. and the visuals are amazing, frank miller at his best, but in colours. i love it.

Because Moore's work is complex and designed specifically to work as a comic book whereas Miller's work is just a cracking good story that translates easily.

It's probably a little premature to judge though there only being a single movie of Miller's comic book work so far.

Is the director from the Dawn of the Dead remake still on board? I quite liked his remake. The stills look great.

Not all of Millers films come out great Robocop 2 anyone?

Looking forward to this way more than I was to Sin City. I'm hoping it will be an epic looking film and not be all bluescreens and "fake" like Sin City was.

Looking forward to this way more than I was to Sin City.  I'm hoping it will be an epic looking film and not be all bluescreens and "fake" like Sin City was.

I think that was the purpose of the flick, I think... this one apparently looks like "a painting" according to someone from CHUD.com that went to the set and saw some finished footage.

As JMac said a while ago, if this movie isn't a schlong-fest of epic proportions they'll have failed to do any justice to the book.

the first video journal is online for a while now here: http://300themovie.warnerbros.com/video_journals.html

check it out if you wanna.

and chris: i think constantine at least functioned as film (from hell wasnt too bad too. the league of course was shite what other films where from his works?), what sin city didnt for me at the beginning (now im more tending to say sin city is also okay as film. because its visually stunning and has cult status, and i dont know why. but its still somewhat cheap. that its the closest adaptation available goes without even speaking of it, of course.), n v for vendetta will maybe be even more than that. at least i hope their interpretation of v isnt too differing from the comic, cuz the politics of it are quite important.

six packs for the ladies, blue screen for the fellas, its a DATE MOVIE!!

as long as the scene is in it where Leonidas asks the Spartans what thier profession is then this film cannot fail.

Im also keen on what they bring out of this-

I mean, its stunningly beautiful, even more as SC was (is).

Hope it is more exciting than SC, then it gets my vote.

I saw the panel of this film at SDCC and from what they showed of the film, it looks like it should be popular. It's VERY stylized with lots of slow motion and lots and lots of blood. It looks more like a sci-fi film than a historical. As promised many of the scenes were lifted directly from the comic. It appears like it will be twice the film that Sin City was. I'm really looking forward to seeing this film now.