Sign in to follow this  
sethos

Frank Miller's 300 - The Movie

as long as the scene is in it where Leonidas asks the Spartans what thier profession is then this film cannot fail.

I forgot about that bit...?

Here ya go Mark:

http://mftm.blogspot.com/2006/09/300-2007-...iler-scoop.html

Dont stab me guys, but im utterly unimpressed.

Very cheap looking and bad acting overall.

Its a trailer so a subject to change, but the look is just nothing new, i mean the props and set decoration is really hideous, they have to apply tons of graphical layers to make me overlook that empti/cheapness.

And i was so hyped...

Still, its just a beta-trailer, and if it really doesnt elevate into the quality of the jawdropping promo shots with time (Or a better quality trailer), then theres still the book.

Edit: Its not so awful at second glance, there are some artsy looking bits, but i dont like how they deliver their lines/act sometimes, and some cheap productional choices (I always find dialects amusing (And this genre overall, when were at it), cant help that).

But a HD trailer would be really in order.

I got a big 'stage-play' kind of vibe off certain scenes, which does tend to make things look a little cheap.

The slow-mo boy punch alone makes me want to catch this though.

Miller's over the top macho stuff sings (in a manly, manly way, of course) to my inner teenage boy so ideally this'll be two hours of his dialogue being shouted (through gritty teeth) while lots of people get chopped to buggery.

Ohh...

Not how I thought it would have looked, but some constant viewing, I'm sure I'd be completely overhyped! :happy:

Can't wait!

"shaky" "unstable" "seen Saving Private Ryan too many times and thinks excessive camera movement paired with slow film speed is a good thing"

In the Wild Bunch (and employed less suceessfuly in John Woo's work) hyper editing paired with slow film speed was a good thing.

But good call nevertheless Trace.

Not sure about the film's style or actual point, but then I'm a film nazi.

"shaky" "unstable" "seen Saving Private Ryan too many times and thinks excessive camera movement paired with slow film speed is a good thing"

Aha!

Yeah, the slo-mo is truly quite overdone lately.

It was good for me.

the earth moved, and I have to mop this seat.

Woo. Hoo.

I really really want a time machine. Imagine going back the 1500 odd years and showing them that.

" You guys save your world, end up a myth, and twenty feet tall, and people will pay to sit in the dark, to remember you ". ( I have always thought that the 700 thespians that also stood at thermopylae got a raw deal by being edited out of history. Their deaths were as brave. )

I think there is a better movie out there in that it would be more timely.

Charles Martel and his Knights, turning an army into a carnel heap, in front of Vienas gates. And saving Christiandom.

I think there is a better movie out there in that it would be more timely.

Charles Martel and his Knights, turning an army into a carnel heap, in front of Vienas gates. And saving Christiandom.

That could be a good movie, although you know it couldn't get made today without some sort of political agenda one way or the other being attached to it.

In fact I'm sure some moron somewhere will try to twist 300 into some sort of Christianity vs. Islam diatribe despite neither religion having been yet founded.

Man, Im a heck of a lot more interested in this now, I guess I'm not in for something historically accurate but something rather entertaining nonetheless, haven't read the source material.

Read it!

Its greatness both in story and art.

Not sure about this yet, the movements/grimaces, voicetones and dialects are still too forced to me, but they got the design right.

"Tonight we dine in Hell" feels like an anachronism, but then so does having an overly Angloized Sparta. It doesn't look like historical accuracy is the main concern though. I imagine it'll look great on the big screen and will probably look even better on HD DVD.