Keeyah

Authority/Stormwatch

Heh, looking back at the scene where Stormwatch go out for a drink at Clark's Bar in 'Change or Die'. I have only just spotted the Marvel characters behind the group! I noticed the writing on the back of Winter's chair (Wally loves Linda) but I didn't notice any more till now.

:D

Pointless trivia bit : In the single issues that it appeared in, Clark's Bar had a neon-sign out front that was pretty much in the shape of Superman's stylised 'S'. I believe this was stripped out of the trade collection.

Pointless trivia bit : In the single issues that it appeared in, Clark's Bar had a neon-sign out front that was pretty much in the shape of Superman's stylised 'S'.  I believe this was stripped out of the trade collection.

Nope, it's still in the trade. And behind it is a silhouette of Batman.

Just gotta throw this one in, imagine having an orgasm every 5 minutes? How does Fuji concentate on anything?! Even Pooka's sex life isn't that good!

Anyway..

Has there ever been a Stormwatch/Wildcats crossover? Do these teams interact at all? I'm fairly new to anything Wildstorm outside of Authority.

Stormwatch / WildCATS cross over in the final volume, Final Orbit (vol 5), Keeyah. Oh, along with some face-sucking acid-dripping ugly mofos.

Oh aye, Mr Cash is there. Along with Maul, Void, Zealot, Spartan, and that fella with the big spiky metal fingers (Warblade?). Oh, and Jackson King looks more and more like Captain Ben Sisko from DS9 as the books go on.

Guest spiderlegs

So is More Kev worth finishing? I quite enjoyed #1. It was given to me free when I was shilling for Shaun of the Dead (it's a wonder what some t-shirts will net you in trade sometimes).

Hmmmmm...as Pooka points out, I'm talking shite.

To be fair, lawyers do some stupid things, so DC suing itself isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Holy shit! Old school Wildstorm Continuity question!

It was strongly hinted that he was her son in the soft-core Zealot & Voodoo : Skin Trade one-shot.

Don't think it was ever touched upon again after that.

Edit : Actually, now that I think about it, I think it was actually mentioned in the WildCATs : YEAR ONE two part mini-series.

Guest spiderlegs

I'm about to give up on The Authority: Revolutions. Not digging it. #5, Midnighter walks out on the Authority after some unbelieveable jawing with Hawksmoor. I'm just not buying this storyline.

Hmm, I believe Midnighter and Hawksmoor could get into a fight.

I can't believe the others are doing nothing about it. And I used to really like the Doctor but lately he is more whiney than ever.

So I like Revolutions but it has its faults for me.

Hmmmmm...as Pooka points out, I'm talking shite.

To be fair, lawyers do some stupid things, so DC suing itself isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Given that Fox News attempted to sue The Simpsons a year or two ago, I've lost the capacity to be surprised by anything.

I'm about to give up on The Authority: Revolutions.

I lost interest after #2 - the art was really disappointing, I was expecting great things after Dustin's incredible work on Wildcats.

The reveal at the end of #5 seemed a bit sad.

I'm about to give up on The Authority: Revolutions. Not digging it. #5, Midnighter walks out on the Authority after some unbelieveable jawing with Hawksmoor. I'm just not buying this storyline.

Strange, I'm enjoying it more than I've enjoyed the Authority since Ellis left. I liked the confrontation between Jack & The Midnighter, and I think it's been believeably handled, moreso than most of the action-oriented Authority stories we've seen for the past few years.

I like seeing Midnighter in the centre of the dilemma of how to break up the team and stop the future events from coming to pass when his usual method of dealing with problems is to hit things. And it's about time Jack was taken down a peg or two from his lofty post as Pres, he had to realise that his desire for a better world was turning him into a dictator.

My only concern is that if Midnighter has been duped and it wasn't really the future-Apollo he met (or that future-Apollo was bullshitting for whatever reason) then shouldn't he have seen it coming?

But that's a minor niggle (the reappearance of Jenny Sparks doesn't concern me till I know how it's going to be used) I'm sticking with this book - is this going to be The Authority's final call?

Guest spiderlegs

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Midnighter fan. From all The Authority that I have read in the past , the characterizations seem forced to me. They seem strange, not the characters to whom I have become accustomed. Like Keeyah pointed out: what the fuck is up with the Doctor? He IS whiney. And I think the same goes for all the characters. They are all more whiney when it comes down to it. These are not The Authority figures (heh...) by whom I have become fascinated. Thus, I lose interest. I'll probably still pick up #6, but there better be something compelling in it, damn it!

I like that Hakwsmoor was shown as becoming corrupted. Power goes people's heads. He gains my respect by realising he is being a prick.

The characters do seem a little off when I think about it, I really want to slap the Doctor at some points, but I'm still enjoying the story.

Remember when Sparks died she said "Save the world. They derserve it. Be better, or I'll come back and kick your heads in." Maybe thats what she plans to do :D

I am loving Brubaker's take on the book.

His characterisation doesn't seem that off to me. the changes of character seem, as Keeyah has implied, subtly reflect thier new found status. Punching people's heads off and trading witty banter might be great when you're saving the world from the bad guy of the week but not when you're trying to run a country.

I've always found the Doctor to be a flakey fucker. The whining doesn't surprise me.

Finally, we're getting some Revolution love in the room. Thank you Keeyah & Tom.

Like Tom, I've always found the Doctor a bit whiny, always with the negative emotions when he's communing with the previous Doctors.

Guest spiderlegs

Spoiler:

So, I guess you guys are thrilled about the return of Henry Bendix?puke.gif

I was just like "Oh, no!" I don't want him back, and we ALL know he's dead. It's just the cliché comic formula of, "wait...he's not dead?" It's too convenient, overdone, blah, blah, blah...

I also picked up The Authority: Human on the Inside hardcover pretty cheap the other day. Has anyone else read this? Truly, TRULY disappointing, especially the end when --spoiler--Shen saves the world with a hug for the little girl who will give birth to the ancestors of the "futurekiller" guy. It changes the outcome of EVERYTHING. The whole story just seemed to be stapled together from parts of other stories, for that matter. A colossal wasted effort.

And please understand, I love The Authority. It's the only "super hero" comic I even read.

Spoiler:

So, I guess you guys are thrilled about the return of Henry Bendix?

I was just like "Oh, no!" I don't want him back, and we ALL know he's dead. It's just the cliché comic formula of, "wait...he's not dead?" It's too convenient, overdone, blah, blah, blah...

It was never set in stone that he was dead, was it? I always thought that he would be back one day.