Keeyah

Authority/Stormwatch

I was introduced to The Authority on the "Transfer of Power" run, so these scenes are especially interesting to me. This one would have been sick had they left it in:

This scene is the primary reason why I know your fingernails don't grow after you die.

Guest spiderlegs

OK, so as soon as I was ready to write this series off, issue 6 has completely turned me back around 180! Wow, spoiler:three years in the future, the doctor is dead, the Authority is no more, the Midnighter doesn't even call on Apollo and Jenny...this is some compelling reading. I can't wait to find out what Jenny saw in the Nevada Garden!

Me too! I'm so hooked now and am craving #7. For this month Authority Rev #6 beat out Hellblazer #206 for me. Jeroen was always one of my most favorite members of the Authority, I like them all but I have a particular soft spot for him, so reading this issue just #@*&^!@# Seeing Apollo and Midnighter..... oh that hurts me too, poor Jenny. I'm psyched for #7, I need it, now.

Someone's taken a liking to Jenny Quantum I see :biggrin: She used to annoy the shit out of me but Brubaker's Jenny Q is cool. I want to do Tibetan Shen at Comic Con this year.

:D Jenny used to annoy me too but she gets better as she gets older.

I haven't got #6 yet. I have to wait a couple of weeks now cause it wasn't in my comic shop and I don't go there that often. So if anyone would be so kind as to PM me some spoilers I would be happy.

What happens between Apollo and Midnighter?

Guest spiderlegs

A city of Jennys...if you've seen the cover at all, you know who makes a guest appearance. This mystery about the doctor is interesting, but I find the evolution of Jenny Quantum to be the more compelling of the two major story lines. I would like to see what Midnighter's up to, though. I mean, obviously the Authority will reform at some point or they would cease calling the comic by that name. But I continue to like the new direction the story has taken since #5. Up until then, I was bashing it.

Jenny Steam needs to have her own mini series 8-) Brubaker's Jenny Quantum is far less annoying than Robbie's Jenny.

And Apollo as a single daddy is hot.

Mmm Apollo :wub:

I haven't got 6 or 7 yet. I think my comic shop is hiding them from me. But I have seen a few pages from 7, verrry interesting. Is Midnighter in 7 at all?

Mmm Apollo :wub:

I haven't got 6 or 7 yet. I think my comic shop is hiding them from me. But I have seen a few pages from 7, verrry interesting. Is Midnighter in 7 at all?

cozyhearts_small.jpg

This happened while I was cleaning my table!

Anyway no Midnighter isn't in #7 :icon_evil: It's mostly the Jennys, Apollo, and a little bit of Jack, Angie, and the ancestral guys.

Guest spiderlegs

You should see what they did in front of Jenny when they thought she was a baby...

Why doesn't that Care Bear have any ears?

I think it's a Care Bear Cousin. The symbol on it's belly reminds me of Cozy-Heart Penguin but it has a nose instead of a beak?

Oh my god, did I really just admit that I know the names of some Care Bears?!

Is there a Jack Hawksmoor action figure?

I don't believe there is, no. Shame really.

If it makes you feel any better I can tell you you're correct. I got that Cozy Heart Penguin for $1 at the claw machine!

The only Authority figures available from DC Direct are Apollo, Midnighter, Jenny Sparks, and Angie. Jack would be easy to customize from another figure probably, but I think they should have produced the whole team anyway. I really want a figure of Jeroen and Shen.

Have any other comic characters had powers like Jack's?

The Question does now; if you haven't read the just-concluded miniseries, I highly recommend seeking it out because it's quite good in its own right. One of the issues of Global Frequency - around 5 or 6 - revolves around a somewhat similar character too.

Guest spiderlegs

I don't believe there is, no. Shame really.

Just...

Apollo

AUTHapolloact.jpg

Engineer

AUTHengineeract.jpg

Jenny Sparks

AUTHjsparksact.jpg

Midnighter

AUTHmidnighteract.jpg

And only Midnighter & Apollo are worth a fuck. The females look like automatons...

Guest spiderlegs
Have any other comic characters had powers like Jack's?

The Question does now; if you haven't read the just-concluded miniseries, I highly recommend seeking it out because it's quite good in its own right. One of the issues of Global Frequency - around 5 or 6 - revolves around a somewhat similar character too.

Are you talking about the frenchman? Or the guy sent after him? But you are talking about that issue, right? I thought it was 12 but maybe you're right...

If it makes you feel any better I can tell you you're correct. I got that Cozy Heart Penguin for $1 at the claw machine!

The only Authority figures available from DC Direct are Apollo, Midnighter, Jenny Sparks, and Angie. Jack would be easy to customize from another figure probably, but I think they should have produced the whole team anyway. I really want a figure of Jeroen and Shen.

I am the Care Bear champion!!!!!!! Woo Hooo!

*embarrassed cough*

I would like a Jeroen figue too. Why make only half the team?