Keeyah

Authority/Stormwatch

Guest spiderlegs

Because the designers were...poopieheads? Surely that must be the reason.

Actually, I think they saw how little Jenny and Angie resembled their namesakes, figured they got lucky on Apollo and just hoped to god no one noticed how much like Batman the DC Direct Midnighter looked.

Are you talking about the frenchman? Or the guy sent after him? But you are talking about that issue, right? I thought it was 12 but maybe you're right...

No, the Indian woman running around London leaping through windows and all that.

She didn't have any kind of powers, just a really good set of legs.

That was the only Global Frequency issue that really satisfied me.

Apollo is definitely my favorite out of the Authority figure team. Midnighter's snarl is off-putting but I display him with Apollo to make him feel better :laugh: The only way you'll get a Jeroen is to buy Preacher's Cassidy and customize him I think.

Guest spiderlegs

Ha Ha! I got a DC Direct Midnighte :tongue: r figure for just $5 at free comic book day.

Soooo pleased to see a lot more love for Authority:Revolution now - I've been enjoying it tremendously since #1.

I thought the change in Jenny Q in #7, while not exactly original, was handled in an original and plausible way. Well, plausible within the story anyway, y'know what I mean.

Hope that Jeroen comes back, but if they decide to make this mini-series the Authority's swansong I'l be glad they're going out on a high; not on any of the crap Mark Millar stuff, or the even crapper Robbie Morrison.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought Millar's Authority was shit. It's the only Authority I've read, and it really did nothing for me - I've been tempted to check out the Ellis stuff, though. Is it substantially better?

Oh Jeebus, Mark, it's soooo much better than the crap that Millar was putting out.

Where Millar had humour, ultraviolence, pop culture and homophobia, Ellis had stories that were, yes, violent, yes, they had humour, but the characters were so much more believable, and the dialogue wasn't just an excuse to snigger and use innuendo for gay sex, and he could make it feel contemporary without references to Britney Spears.

Millar just tried to turn it up to 11 and it probably worked on his first arc (the second half of the second trade) but then it got very very tired very very quickly.

I urge you, nay, instruct you, to get a hold of the first two trades and enjoy the original. You will not regret it.

Unless it leads to an urge to read Jenny Sparks: The Secret History of the Authority, in which case you might want to have some spoon handles ready to gouge out your eyes.

That's essentially what I hoped you'd say. I'll check it out as soon as I get the chance - cheers.

What Atticus said. I hated Millar's run, and Ellis' is one of my all-time favorite series (admittedly, in part because of the circumstances under which I read it as well as the material itself).

It's well worth shopping around for the Absolute Authority volume 1, which contains all of Ellis' run in one gorgeous HC. I've been able to pick it up for around, even a little less than, the one and a half TPBs it contains bought individually. The art is a major selling point for the run, and both the coloring and pencils are very muddy on the soft covers due to being printed on what appears to be the lowest available grade of toilet paper. Laura Martin was vocal about her disappointment regarding the impact of the paper quality on the look of the book.

Guest spiderlegs

I didn't hate Millar's run, but most of the arcs I didn't care for were penned by him.

I didn't hate Millar either but agree that Ellis is the way to go. I'm still pretty happy with Brubaker and wouldn't hesitate recommending him either if someone's willing to check out the issues. I'd also recommend the Kev TPB since Kev and More Kev shine for me. Ennis' portrayal of Midnighter is one of my favorites, but the TPB may be for fans of Ennis and/or Apollo&Midnighter only.

Still haven't read "Human on the Inside", but don't really feel any need to, based on the slagging off it's had.

A Brubaker-scribed Authority ongoing would be fuckin ideal.

Wonder what the chances are......?

I bought "Human on the Inside" and I'll admit it looks pretty on the bookshelf.

Damn Marvel! I don't want to see The Authority end, there's still more I'd like to learn about Shen and Jeroen (both in my opinion are the least featured members) but if it has to then I guess it should go out with a bang via Revolution.

I bought "Human on the Inside" and I'll admit it looks pretty on the bookshelf.

Damn Marvel!  I don't want to see The Authority end, there's still more I'd like to learn about Shen and Jeroen (both in my opinion are the least featured members) but if it has to then I guess it should go out with a bang via Revolution.

Marvel isnt doing the Authority. Wildstorm is.

Haha actually I was referring to Selkie saying Brubaker is now Marvel-exclusive. I hope it's nothing like them purchasing his soul. You know The Authority have appeared in a Marvel comic before though?

I'm going to have to look it up again but I swear I read that The Authority had a brief cameo in a Marvel issue. I recall Jenny Sparks and Shen being the characters that were drawn into the panel but I could be wrong about that. I'll get back to you on it!

Ah, that lovely series of statements that you can always find on the internet:

A bold, original statement.

A query.

The frantic back-pealling while the original poster worries they've remembered incorrectly, and rushes off to check their facts :biggrin: