Keeyah

Authority/Stormwatch

Yeah yeah laugh at me. I don't think a macroverse in Marvel Boy counts as a real appearance :biggrin: I swear to god though I read a list of cameos on an Authority fansite like last year, which is another internet jewel: shakey sources.

Just picked up the new Authority Rev. Jenny Quantum's not being very nice to her dads! I hope that she's not going to become a clone of Jenny Sparks :o

Guest spiderlegs
Jenny Quantum's not being very nice to her dads!  I hope that she's not going to become a clone of Jenny Sparks :o

That's EXACTLY what she looks like to these tired eyes. We saw this coming in the "Too many Jennys" issue last, didn't we? :wink:

I saw it coming and I said to myself "Please please PLEASE make this a surprising twist that I will not see coming." and I'm still telling myself that, because if Brubaker doesn't go out with a bang I will just mourn for The Authority...

Jenny Quantum was one of the things that made me set the Authority down. I didn't like the whole Midnighter and Apollo playing house with baby Jenny angle. I don't wanna see you play house, I wanna see you punch somebody's head clean off.

Guest spiderlegs

You don't think "My two dads" adds just a little irony to the instances when they DO punch someone's face right through? :wink:

[drunk]Sure. It just worked better for me when they were straight up fuckin' and not looking after a baby. A family unit that kicks ass - OK, yawn. But two gay dudes throwin' down on your bitch ass is much cooler. I dunno why, just hits me that way. Maybe I'm gay inside. :laugh:

But the first time we saw these bad ass mofos they were sleeping in the dust, so far out in the black bag they didn't know what the fuck was going on. Myths waiting to be brought in. But they had each other. Looking after baby Jenny, a lame ass concept from the get go, seemed to make their situation less unique. I mean, we see Midnighter without his gear and learn his name is Brian. I don't need to hear that shit. :tongue: I like him better as the fear as black as 10 million locusts choking out the daylight. [/drunk]

Anyone with a scanner want to hook us up with images of.....

Are we talking issue 8 or issue 9? I didn't see [xyz] in 8... and of all the issues I can find spread all over my room 5 and 6 have already disappeared under my junk... :glare:

Whatever the latest issue is, just seen that person mentioned on several forums as having made a reappearance. I should really just wander down to the shop and give a gander myself.

Guest spiderlegs

Picked up #9 last night. LOTS of revelations unfolded. only 3 more issues until the end of the arc, so I imagine it'll be one cliffhanger after another from here on out.

Guest spiderlegs

I picked up AUTHORITY/Lobo today. Haven't read it yet, but it looked interesting. It could be a trainwreck. Lobo has always been enigmatic to me. I've never been a fan, but I know alot of hardcore comic fans love him, so he intrigues me, yet doesn't compel me to pick up an issue. Maybe this will turn the tide. We'll see.

I can't stand Lobo! The only time I've liked the character was when DeMatteis and Giffen used him in the "Justice League" series.