Keeyah

Authority/Stormwatch

I liked the Authority/Lobo christmas special but the Authority/Lobo springbreak issue left me cold.... I thought it had a great concept but it sort of fell flat for me halfway through.

I have zero to add except that I just finished re-reading all the old Ellis trades of Stormwatch and I really, REALLY miss that title. I never thought I'd actually feel rather sad seeing a bunch of Image characters buy the farm.

Poor Fugi. Hopefully the Aliens jumped around a lot before they popped him open.

I agree, Mojo. Stormwatch was the last best superhero comic, I think.

I think the whole Stormwatch/Aliens crossover was great. What better way to end a series? Then again I have a rather unhealthy love for xenomorphs.

It's very impressive that Ellis took what should have just been a throwaway crossover and made it into something important and lasting. Very ballsy to kill off the team you've just totally revamped and made wonderful.

And you're right, Stormwatch under Ellis is easily one of the best superhero teams out there. Great characters who you could very easily like, yet still did "important" things without having to resort to being "x-treme" (Which The Authority did and does too often, though I have enjoyed them). It was even more depressing that they were killed off when things overall seemed to be going well for everyone. It's hopelessly sappy, but it was honestly sad to see so many of them die. I'm frustrated Ellis blew up the entire goddamn station, since with comic book logic it should have been simple to at least resurrect Fuji and Hellstrike, given they were just gaseous beings who had been released from their protective suits. Overall, I just really like the concept of Stormwatch under Ellis. I didn't mind the re-launch, but only read the first two trades, which is all that's out there after all the hooplah over the writer's lies about his military history.

But something about the "Change or Die" arc that confused me...was Ellis trying to say The High and co. were right in what they did, and how they did it, and if Bendix hadn't fucked it all up it would have all been for the best? Or were they all just hopelessly naive and doomed to fail? If he's presenting the latter, I don't feel he distinguished The Authority to be any different...so what was the point?

But something about the "Change or Die" arc that confused me...was Ellis trying to say The High and co. were right in what they did, and how they did it, and if Bendix hadn't fucked it all up it would have all been for the best?  Or were they all just hopelessly naive and doomed to fail?

Both? They were righteous in their cause but the man just beat them down in the end. That said, Change or Die is an amazing piece of work.

But something about the "Change or Die" arc that confused me...was Ellis trying to say The High and co. were right in what they did, and how they did it, and if Bendix hadn't fucked it all up it would have all been for the best?  Or were they all just hopelessly naive and doomed to fail?

Both? They were righteous in their cause but the man just beat them down in the end. That said, Change or Die is an amazing piece of work.

It just seems like that while Ellis seemed to present their IDEA as right, his later work with The Authority seemed to show that he preseneted (accidentally or not) that Blind was the one who really knew the score...so is Blind just a mad bastard, or the practical realist of "Change or Die?" Because if The Authority are based out of any one person, it's him. Which, in my opinion, is their most glaring flaw.

Guest spiderlegs

Yeah, the Authority/Lobo special sucked. I haven't even finished it, it was so bad.

I finally picked up Rev #9, Henry's hand on Rose's ass makes me weep. The Doctor also makes me weep, I really hope this turns into a Buffy situation because I hart Jeroen :o

Guest spoiderleagues

So, Bendix wastes no time in crushing Authority ass, does he? Dayumn! He fucked every one of them up in some way. Even got inside Midnighter's head.

Now that Keeyah's incriminating evidence has been destroyed I really do want to know what Brubaker is thinking and how he plans to go about with it.

Me too. I was enjoying this series so far, then he has to pull a stunt like this! Maybe it is just me but the latest developments don't feel right.

Guest Speederlogs

It's an Authority overhaul. Look for someone else to get bumped off, too. I'm thinking it will be Shen, or...Midnighter!

NO NEVER! If that happens I'll throw a fit.... but I'm also going to guess that such an overhaul implies that Authority: Rev will NOT be the end of the series then....

Guest spiderlegs

Is that the rumor? Oh, then all bets are off! I can see this being the end. Then probably all but 2 of them bite it, I'll say, and one of those would be Jenny Q.

I would prefer this to be the end but NOT if certain characters bite the dust :o If they decide to continue the series, Jenny Q and a cast overhaul would be heading in the direction of a Teen Titans style Authority IMO... and I don't want that!

Guest Bladder sags

So, the Midnighter...

SPOILER

how about that shit, huh? Kicks everybody's ass, and then takes on his daughter (to be continued...). I thought for sure Habib was a goner, but a taut word from Jenny and he's right back in it. He IS the Doctor--the most powerful being on earth--even if it IS new to him. Oh, and he will be fucking Shen any day now...