Rogan

Comics 2 Film thread

thethingpeople.jpg

Aronofsky No Longer Directing Watchmen

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News

November 3, 2004

Ain't-It-Cool-News has learned that Darren Aronofsky is no longer directing Watchmen because he will be tied up shooting "The Fountain," starring Hugh Jackman.

Now, the good news here is that the reason he left involves timing issues. See, THE FOUNTAIN is about to start principal photography. We're talking about a matter of days here. And I love THE FOUNTAIN as a project. Paramount just couldn't wait, though. They want to have WATCHMEN in a theater by the summer of '06, no matter what. That means they need a filmmaker who can be ready to shoot long before Aronofsky would be ready.

Stay tuned for who his replacement may be.

bale-costume-2.gif

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/bale-costume-1.jpg

ffnewsetpics.jpg

works fine for me...

can you see the first image of bats i posted? This is the same one, only larger...

Oh yes! Christian Bale as the dreaded Red X!

[EDIT] Ah...cutting and pasting works. Chiklis looks cool as the Thing!

Guest spiderlegs

The Thing looks like a burn victim. I liked the concept art MUCH better.

How about some SIN CITY?

sin-city-jessica-alba.jpg

It's Official: The WB Passes On Global Frequency

We have now received official confirmation that the WB has passed on the Global Frequency TV pilot. Here is what FrequencySite received from executive producer John Rogers to confirm the news:

You can make it official. The WB has passed on the pilot. However, they've also been real gentlemen and released it back to the studio to be taken elsewhere. Many networks hold onto pilots out of spite, fearing that if it succeeds elsewhere, they'll look bad. Luckily the WB folk value the product over politics.

On a personal note, everyone -- my fellow producer Mark Burnett, the director Nelson McCormick, the actors, the DP and his cameramen, the production design down to the ridiculously hyper-efficient PAs -- worked their asses off and BELIEVED in the project. As executive producer I owe -- no, I have a deep responsibility it to those people, to Warren's talent, and to the book's enormous fanbase to run this bastard out down every road I can, to get this show on the air.

And, frankly, it would be selfish of me to keep to myself the little chill I get when I hear Michelle say the line "My name is Miranda Zero... and you are on the Global Frequency."

We're scheduling meetings now between various studio humans to decide where to take the show from here. Fortunately for us the television landscape has changed. Midseason and summer launches, 13 episode runs, genre shows are now no longer longshots but viable strategies. DC Comics stands enthusiastically behind both the comic and the show, especially now that they've seen the pilot.

I only ask that when we come back to you and ask you to show the TV humans that there IS an audience for a smart, hip genre show, you answer the call. We'll keep everyone updated.

Has anyone heard anything recent about the film adaptation of Whiteout? This article was the most recent thing I've heard. Even with Reese Witherspoon in the lead role, this is still a film I'd love to see.

It'll most likely be someone like Collin Farrell.

They need to get someone wo has that shite-eating grin, like Max had in the first game...