Rogan

Comics 2 Film thread

dunno if the link works, i googled it up... i already have the trailer downloaded...

crap. well, i don't know how you managed to miss it the first time 'round... also - i'm sure Bittorent sites have it up and running...

Not too impressed with Bale's Batman costume, but, hell, it's not going to stop me going to the movie. I'd like to have seen a "smoother" outfit, with a helmet-style short eared cowl. More like Year One, in fact.

Thought that the Chiklis pics as the The Thing sucked big-time. Looked like he was just wearing a padded suit. Now, I don't read FF, but to me Ben Grimm is a guy who's made out of rocks - why didn't they go all CGI like they did for The Hulk? It seems an ideal medium to show someone who's meant to be a load of hard edged objects all joined up.

To be fair to The Thing costume, the only photo we've seen is a fuzzy, blurred shot taken from a regular camera. I imagine it'll look completely different one it's been properly lit, filmed and (possibly) CGI enhanced.

Ron Perlman's Hellboy makeup looked shit even in the promo pictures, but was absolutely perfect in the actual film.

Sin city. God. Too beautifull to be real.

While I couldn't find the trailer (it has dissapeared of the Net) I finded out that Akira will have a remake with flesh and bone actors. By Pitof, the same of Vidocq and Catwoman. Otomo seems to be annoyed. Me too, I liked Akira as it is.

Rassera, rassera, rasse rasse rassera.

yes, i am also keeping my Thingopinion (yes, that's a word i just made up) to myself until the finished CGI product...

Ben Browder always comes across as a nice guy, so if he can get some Hollywood work now Farscape's finally dead and buried then I'm all for it.

Paul Greengrass to direct The Watchmen

Guardian Unlimited Film

Friday November 19, 2004

Paul Greengrass has signed on to direct The Watchmen, based on the DC Comics series, cult film website Ain't It Cool News claims. Greengrass is highly respected in Hollywood for Bloody Sunday and his confident handling of spy thriller sequel The Bourne Supremacy, which has grossed more than $175m (£94m) in the US alone.

I've been reading RUMOURS online that "V For Vendetta" has been picked up to be made into a film, and it's going to be by the same people doing "Watchmen"....

Can't wait to see how badly they're going to slaughter "V For Vendetta"! Probably my 3rd choice, after "Sandman" and H.B. (damn they already are doing that one!), as the comic book that SHOULD NEVER BE TOUCHED BY HOLLYWOOD!!!

Anyone know anything else about this? Validity of it?

Last I heard, the Wachowskis had been touting a script for it.

An analysis of their script can be found here, along with a description of a script by Hilary Henkin that has to be read to be believed.

onesheet.jpg

I know it's most likely rumour and conjecture and won't pan out, but I haven't seen it printed anywhere else and I'm desperate for the attention. Two actors are up for the role of The Joker in BATMAN BEGINS AGAIN. Australians Lachy Hulme (LET'S GET SKASE) and Bruce Spence (ROTK:EE) are rumoured to be stepping into Jack's boots. It's clear that they're going for thin, lanky and spooky, and will probably save on makeup and special effects if The Spence is cast.

Chris Columbus

To Direct

SUB-MARINER!!

Friday’s Variety reports that Chris Columbus intends to direct Universal's big-screen version of Marvel Comics’ “Sub-Mariner.”

Sub-Mariner is an underwater guy who both hates and rescues land-dwellers.

Columbus wrote “Reckless,” “Gremlins,” “Goonies,” “Young Sherlock Holmes,” “Only the Lonely,” “Little Nemo,” “Nine Months” and “Christmas With The Kranks.”

He directed “Adventures in Babysitting,” “Heartbreak Hotel,” “Home Alone,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “Nine Months,” “Stepmom,” “Bicentennial Man” and the first two “Harry Potter” movies.

David Self, who authored the screenplay, also wrote "The Haunting," "Thirteen Days" and "Road to Perdition."

Marvel and Universal previously teamed on "Hulk."

Sub Mariner? Who's going to see that? Especially when it's being directed by the personality void that is Chris Columbus.

Rogan is that Batman Begins pic the official teaser poster?

Also I was under the impression Joker will not be in the movie. Maybe he will have a brief cameo as Jack?

yeah, that;s the teaser poster...

Those rumors are for the sequel, i think... or maybe they'll pull a cameo in the last seconds of the film, like bats going to deal with Joker, or getting called by Gordon, like at the end of Year One.

yeah, that;s the teaser poster...

Those rumors are for the sequel, i think... or maybe they'll pull a cameo in the last seconds of the film, like bats going to deal with Joker, or getting called by Gordon, like at the end of Year One.

apparently they have shot a cameo of the guy they chose to play Superman in the new Supes flick to appear as a reporter named "Kent" as well.